PDA

View Full Version : Should this be possible????

H440exconfused
09-01-2003, 04:58 PM
During our riding trip this weekend I just put on my FCR 39mm carb on friday and well still getting dialed in, ( fat on low end still ).
I was riding some real tight trals this weekend and while coming through a tight spot, there was a stump covered in grass, on the edge of the trail, I hit this stump while i was in second gear at about 3/4 throttle, after this my quad didnt flip completely and was ok but it did stop on a dime,and would not run right after, real super rich, of course it was getting dark and we were trying to get back to the cabin, so i pulled out my spare plug and changed it, thought it was fouled but didnt help. I had to take some roads back, I couldnt keep it running barely. the next day i thought the float was stuck, but nope, so I took the top of carb off, and I had hit so hard that the needle valve had blown through all clip positions and was out the top, of that allen screw. Should this be possible or is the needle or clip need to be replaced, looks like to me the only way to change position is to push the needle right up and down and pop it through each position, or should you remove the allen screw and do it that way.

Sorry for the long post.

H440exconfused
09-01-2003, 05:14 PM
bump

nakomis0
09-01-2003, 05:25 PM
uuumm, remove that allen screw and replace the lil c-clip, mines also bent outta shape i gotta squeeze it together so it holds, sometimes it bents and i gotta bend it back.