PDA

View Full Version : E-series Questions

08-13-2001, 09:43 AM
I'm in the same boat as others it looks like. I ordered a "kit" from Golden West that had the E-series pipe, a new jet (168) I think, a split fire plug, and K&N Filter. I put on the pipe and the filter and I couldn't get the darn thing to run at all (draining my battery of course) so I finally get it to run and It coughs, won't idle, and basically won't run under WOT. So I go ahead and change to the jet they send and put in the split fire. Same exact thing. Take it to the local shop (Not a Honda Shop) pick it up a couple of days later and it seems to be running good. He said he took out the split fire and put the stock jet back in. So off I go to Little Sahara last weekend and I'm getting smoked by stock 400's. Take it to the shop there (good guy's) they put a 162 jet in it and take the air box top off (I've got an outerwear) and I'm still getting pulled by stock 400's. I even traded with my buddy just to see if it was me but It's not. I'm running the pipe just like they sent it with I believe 12 disc. Sorry this is so long winded any ideas anyone?

enault
08-13-2001, 11:28 AM
That does not make sense me. All I have is a WB slip on and a WB CDI box and it will beat a stocker hands down. I did not rejet but I am at 600 above sea level and don't have any airbox mods. I wish I could help but nothing comes to mind that you did wrong except your jetting may be way off. Good luck.:confused:

08-13-2001, 03:39 PM
You may need to increase your fuel at the needle by raising it one notch.

Wheelie
08-13-2001, 11:34 PM
I have a WB slip-on and modded stock filter w/ 160 main jet (thinking about going to a 158) and it's definitely faster than a stocker. I would recommend lowering the clip on the pilot needle one notch, that will help a lot with low-end throttle response. Try a 158 main jet, sounds like you are running a bit too rich. Good luck, running right that WB should make your quad rip.

08-14-2001, 11:18 AM
Are you running with a modified air box?
I would recommend you do (no lid or holes)
and put in a 160 main and raise the needle one notch and even may want to install a 40 or 42 pilot and she will rip and be real close to jetted properly.