PDA

View Full Version : The problem isnt fixed...

Narly R
09-01-2003, 02:15 PM
Ok this has brought me to think that a 450 sounds darn good right now!

as some know I have a real crappy bike )as it seems) and i thought I got it running right I mean it would cut out on the top end and ping bad at half throttle then I put a 178 main, 52 pilot, and 2nd clip from the top on my needle. And here at 500feet above the dunes she ran awsome, but from what i here not what a 350 should have.:ermm: So i was puped I FINALY got it running right.... no. at the dunes I put a 185 in it, it ran bad, then a 190 ran worse, then a 182 and it ran a wee bit better. It pings REALLY loud under a load about half throttle. I can drive it in 1sy and hole it wide open and it dont cut out but when in like third out in the dunes going up a little hill or sumthin it still does it. even on flat ground just in like 3rd and up. It is a Niks 330 WITH a 350 crank, 39mm Keihin pwk, and a LRD bb pipe. Now I dunno i coulda got ripped off and it could be like a 310 because I bought the hole engine from a guy but I dont think that my problem. Im going to take it to a mecanic that works with UPP racing and they said he's a god so well see what hes got to say, but Im just lettin everyone know its still not fixed and im open to ANY ideas!:( :mad: :ermm: :rolleyes:

JOEX
09-01-2003, 02:24 PM
Sorry to hear you having so many problems with your quad:( That is trouble when things are pieced together. Getting it to a good mechanic and finding out what you really have is a good step forward to getting it running the way it should.

Hope you get things set up right;)

Joe

cals400ex
09-01-2003, 05:41 PM
how does the plug look? it almost sounds like your rich on the mainjet but that is just a guess.

wilkin250r
09-01-2003, 06:16 PM
I really think you are on the right track bringing it into a professional. It's expensive, yes, but he will be able to dial that thing in dead nuts. I think you will be surprised about the amount of power it will put out once you get it running properly.

By the way, how much vibration does your motor have?