PDA

View Full Version : removing 250ex swingarm???

rider250ex
09-01-2003, 09:39 AM
does anyone know who to remove the swingarm from a 250ex. i know you need a big allan wrench but it looks like you need a 4 prong thing. i dunno. has anyone ever removed one? if so what tools did you need and how did you do it

mudderchic
09-13-2003, 07:29 PM
it's a special tool, but the honda dealer i went to didn't even have it, so it seems like it's hard to find. I have the part number of it somewhere, so i'll find it and get back to you. If you need to get it off quick though, they told me to use a screwdriver and a hammer :)

DaveEX7
09-13-2003, 07:50 PM
Ask your dealer what kinda tool you would need.

BTW, why do you want to remove it anyway?

rider250ex
09-14-2003, 08:57 AM
well i got it off. all you need is like a 3/4 in allan wrench. i dunno how big for sure because i just cut the head off of a bit for an air hammer and just used that. and i need to take my swing arm off becasue i snapped it in half. that was actually the second time i snapped it

DaveEX7
09-14-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by rider250ex
well i got it off. all you need is like a 3/4 in allan wrench. i dunno how big for sure because i just cut the head off of a bit for an air hammer and just used that. and i need to take my swing arm off becasue i snapped it in half. that was actually the second time i snapped it

That sucks man, I just read your post about you snappin it 3 inches above where you got it welded last time. Good Luck this time.

rider250ex
09-14-2003, 02:25 PM
ya im thinking when i get this new one i am goin to have it gusseted before i put it on...but i dont really know.