PDA

View Full Version : quiet core insert fmf pipe...

dirtclog
01-28-2002, 07:06 PM
does the quiet core insert go first or last onto the stack of discs on the megamax pipe?

i'd think last but not sure...(closest to the end cap)

don't flame me for some reason I can't visualize what "happening" with it in.

R-Crazy
01-28-2002, 07:36 PM
i dont think it matters. i have it, but never used it. with it farther out, it may not be as effective though.

dave

400exdad
01-28-2002, 07:44 PM
It actually goes in first. However, moving it around may yield different results. My experience with the Quiet Core is... yep, it's quiet, but where'd the horsepower go!? I noticed a huge difference without it, you will too.:eek:

I went back and read your post and decided to add: What is happening is the sound waves hit the back end of the muffler and bounce back towards the outward going sound waves. They are being absorbed by the packing when they collide.. I guess. What makes a big difference too, is the tiny outlet. Good Luck finding a "happy place" with power vs. sound.

dirtclog
01-28-2002, 07:49 PM
I appreciate it...

I've been running it without, but I thought I may try it out..maybe I'll use it as a candle holder...

400exdad
01-28-2002, 09:43 PM
Dirtclog, I wish I would have thought of that! Mine just took up room in my toolbox!

dirtclog
01-29-2002, 05:43 PM
I put in that quiet core tonight just to see how quiet and I don't think it really makes it more quiet...it seems to cause more of a pop,pop,pop exhaust sound than a rumble,rumble,rumble....I inserted it onto silencer first and stacked 9 discs behind it...

I don't get it...