PDA

View Full Version : Outerwears Company is first rate!

RIDER11X
08-31-2003, 05:43 PM
I recently bought a water-repellent Outerwears Airbox lid cover.
It was not a good experience as it quickly came apart, and allowed just as much water in the airbox as normal. I was very displeased with it and emailed Outerwears to explain my problems.
I got a response from the General Manager of the company asking me to call him toll free. I called and spoke with him on the phone explaining the problems associated with this product, and how shocked I was about these results in comparison to my experience with the rest of their products that I have used. He said more than once, how much he appreciated the feedback from the end user of their products so that they can be improved upon. He was very understanding and made an adjustment with me to make things fair, which I appreciated very much. Hats off to Steve Giebel an this fine company!:cool:

JD400exrider
08-31-2003, 07:54 PM
I had the same problem. Mine tore after two rides taking it off. I called the company and they sent me out another. Good company to deal with. I then put a EHS lid on inplace of the velcro chit. Works well, but still lets a little water in :huh

RIDER11X
09-05-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by JD400exrider
I had the same problem. Mine tore after two rides taking it off. I called the company and they sent me out another. Good company to deal with. I then put a EHS lid on inplace of the velcro chit. Works well, but still lets a little water in :huh
I think the pre filter is the hot ticket.