PDA

View Full Version : Scam or legit??

mall0y
08-31-2003, 03:59 PM
Take a look at http://www.atvshopline.com brand new quads for less than half the ammount of a new one....sounds like a scam to me but i wanna know if you guys heard anything about it...so is it a scam or is it legit??

hondafox440
08-31-2003, 04:08 PM
Hmm. I didn't register, but it does seem sort of scammy to me. He claims to have VeriSign, yet it is not an 'https://' address, and there is no lock next to the status bar. Also, payment is directed to an individual, not a company, and they are located overseas. I would't trust it.

sickmojave
08-31-2003, 04:15 PM
I wouldn't do it. look where he is.

Payment information
First Name: MIHAILESCU
Last Name: BOGDAN NICOLAE
Address: SCHWANTHALER STR.49
City: MUNCHEN
Zip/Code: 80336

Adam202
08-31-2003, 04:16 PM
edit: 3 people beat me to it

mall0y
08-31-2003, 04:20 PM
I wasnt going to buy from him or anything i was just looking around and found out about the site and thought there was something fishy about it....honesly for a brand new 400ex shipped from germany, you will be payin atleast 7grand.... let alone $2500...o well i guess theres nuthin to do about it..

sickmojave
08-31-2003, 04:21 PM
if you want to see with out signing up use this name and password

name: bobbob
password:bobbob

you can get a yfz450 for 2649 or a blaster for 2539 :rolleyes:

mall0y
08-31-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by sickmojave
if you want to see with out signing up use this name and password

name: bobbob
password:bobbob

you can get a yfz450 for about 2600 :rolleyes:

Yeah ya see what i mean??? i knew it was too good to be true, but it confused me a little....and 2600 is crazyyyy for a new yfz450...this guy is unbeliveable...i bet you couldnt even come close to breaking even selling it at that low of a price

exrider123
08-31-2003, 04:28 PM
a raptor is $10 more than a blaster just look at all there prices shipping alone to the states has to be like $700 defenitly a scam

mall0y
08-31-2003, 04:34 PM
these poeple are SAD....well then again, maybee they arent....if they can make thousands of dollars off of unsuspecting people they must have did something right....just kidding....i just feel bad for the people who fell for it :ermm:

Adam202
08-31-2003, 04:37 PM
well it could really be real, you never know, i would just rather buy one here and know ill "actually" get it for a reasonable price.

jarred15801
08-31-2003, 04:37 PM
haha and if you look it tells you your ip number in the top rigth corner and thats not good either that is just like opening the door for hacking

mall0y
08-31-2003, 04:40 PM
yea is there some kinda department of the FBI or somethin to report it too...im glad i thougth about it twice or else id be out $2600 right now....so i just dont wnat it to happen to other people.....o well

lol
09-01-2003, 04:57 AM
once u get the bike through customs and stuff it costs the reg. price

hondafox440
09-01-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by jarred15801
haha and if you look it tells you your ip number in the top rigth corner and thats not good either that is just like opening the door for hacking

Not really. That's just a simple PHP or SSI script that just displays your IP address.

big-guy
09-01-2003, 05:55 AM
What a crock! you can tell he's cut and pasted stuff from other websites (sometimes perfect english, sometimes not), there are no links to western union, no way to contact him, and he says they ship UPS! Anybody ever shipped a quad UPS? No, because they wont do it.

mall0y
09-01-2003, 06:19 AM
yea i emailed him about payment details just for chits and giggles and he said not to contact him through emaill that all the info is on the site and i emailed him back and said that i was really interested and that i want proof that he will send me a real quad and so far he didnt email me back....

400exrider400ex
09-01-2003, 11:40 AM
when i go back to munich in november i should see whats at that address. lol

mall0y
09-01-2003, 12:25 PM
I sent him some emails...here they are:
-------------------------------------------------

I wrote:
i just say you banshee on ebay and i was wondering if you have any other quads for sale. please email me back. Thanks!
---------------
He replied:
Sir , We have alse other type of quads. Please visit our website on www.atvshopline.com . You can also order online form our website. Best Regards !
---------------
I wrote:
i know that, but i have a feeling that this is a bunch of bull...i want proof that you will actually send me an atv
---------------
He replied:
Sir, You have msn installed on your computer? because we can speak there. Anyway we can send you a comercial invoice and the scanned paper from UPS to see that we are serious peoples. Best Regards !
---------------
I wrote:
well, i want more proof...maybee some buisness credentials,or picture of your buisness or anything that will prove your legit...
---------------
He replied:
Sir we understand you but you must understand that we have many customers and we can give confidential information about them or us.If you do not trust us that`s it and we have a serious business here. Thank you for your time!
---------------
I wrote:
Alright well is there anything at all that you can provide???Because i know if i go to some other dealer i can assure you they will willingly give me some kind of credentials! im not looking for anything confidential...just some kind of proof!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And thats it havent heard anything since...

mall0y
09-01-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider400ex
when i go back to munich in november i should see whats at that address. lol

hahah do it lol

lol
09-01-2003, 02:03 PM
i dont think its a scam.... but one thing..... how much would it cost to ship to the states

mall0y
09-01-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by lol
i dont think its a scam.... but one thing..... how much would it cost to ship to the states
He's claiming he will ship for free but i still dont trust him....if he could run such a big buisness and make alot of money by selling quads this cheap, dont ya think everyone else would???

lol
09-01-2003, 03:28 PM
if this is true....i'm gonna be down 2600 bux

mall0y
09-01-2003, 03:38 PM
hahah please dont tell me you sent him money... that would abseluley(sp) suck because i am 99.9% sure its a scam

09-01-2003, 03:45 PM
one thing i noticed about the IP address....its fake...i took one look at it and said..wtf thats not my IP:rolleyes:

mall0y
09-01-2003, 03:49 PM
well, i guess we will just have to sit back and wait to see if lol gets his quad....by the way which one did u "order"...and if you do get it, i think i will chit my pants

09-01-2003, 04:20 PM
hes joking...theres no way he sent the money b/c this is a scam...u r joking right? :eek2: oh & UPS wont ship over like a 4 foot box or something so they would have to send you your quad in like pieces if your gonna get it which i doubt you will :ermm:

bmw500hp
09-01-2003, 04:59 PM
He's fairly smooth, pretending to have misunderstood the question and throwing back a answer that implies you disrespected his "top secret" atv customers... full on B.S. A graduate street con man thats found his way to the internet. Gimme a break please!

If "anyone" plays that game and suggests you terminate your interest rather than continue a professional information exchange..tell them to stick it :grr:

lol
09-02-2003, 04:02 AM
i meant if it isnt a scam i'm buying one of those yfz's in 2 secs

cody anderson
09-02-2003, 06:22 AM
dude, dont be retarded... it s a scam. i know that ups wont ship a quad because i tryed! i had to ship it roadway and it was over $400 to go from mn to ohio. think about over seas!!! HEEELLLLOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek2: come on seriously!!!!!

RoadkillerRyan
09-02-2003, 08:37 AM
maybe the money is in germany money like 2600 equals 7000 in US money heh i dont know

RoadkillerRyan
09-02-2003, 08:37 AM
maybe the money is in germany money like 2600 equals 7000 in US money heh i dont know

mall0y
09-02-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by RoadkillerRyan

nope i asked him its USD

forum
09-02-2003, 11:40 AM
i emailed him this.
I am very interested in a new yvz 450. However. I am not willing to use a credit card on your site. I also am skeptical about your prices. Are they in U.S. funds?? if so can you explain to me why you are selling at such a low price?? how are you able to do so?? please return my email soon. as i will be wating to hear back from you.

Thank you, and sorry if I have insulted you because of my doubt.

Dear Sir,

We have that low price because we have a great
dealer. We buy these 2003 ATV`s at low price and our
fees are vrey low. That`s way we have to sell large
quantities and that`s whay we have many happy
customers.

Anyway we do not force people to buy from us.

If you have any other question I`am here .

Best Regards !

09-02-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by forum
i emailed him this.
I am very interested in a new yvz 450. However. I am not willing to use a credit card on your site. I also am skeptical about your prices. Are they in U.S. funds?? if so can you explain to me why you are selling at such a low price?? how are you able to do so?? please return my email soon. as i will be wating to hear back from you.

Thank you, and sorry if I have insulted you because of my doubt.

Dear Sir,

We have that low price because we have a great
dealer. We buy these 2003 ATV`s at low price and our
fees are vrey low. That`s way we have to sell large
quantities and that`s whay we have many happy
customers.

Anyway we do not force people to buy from us.

If you have any other question I`am here .

Best Regards !

skemp
09-02-2003, 02:50 PM
Absolutely, positively, 100% SCAM!
I can't believe this one! I have seen several other websites in the exact same format but offering other products, like computer peripherals. I remember seeing a 100gig hard drive for $15 at one such site. I have also seen basic templates on hacker sites to setup fake webstores like this one. There really is no way to link the scam back to the creator in any way. They use multiple firewalls, anonymous email addresses, fake IP's, fake names, you name it.

DO NOT TRUST THIS GUY. You know it is too good to be true. Nothing is convincing about this at all.

09-02-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by skemp
Absolutely, positively, 100% SCAM!
I can't believe this one! I have seen several other websites in the exact same format but offering other products, like computer peripherals. I remember seeing a 100gig hard drive for $15 at one such site. I have also seen basic templates on hacker sites to setup fake webstores like this one. There really is no way to link the scam back to the creator in any way. They use multiple firewalls, anonymous email addresses, fake IP's, fake names, you name it.

DO NOT TRUST THIS GUY. You know it is too good to be true. Nothing is convincing about this at all. i know people do it, but why would you scam people for 15%..doesnt seem worth it to me because if you get caught its the same fine as something more expensive...

chucked
09-02-2003, 03:10 PM
i think someone with some time on their hands should try it out, if it dont work just sue them. Im gonna check around the bbb tomorrow.

chucked
09-02-2003, 03:18 PM
I sent an email to the BBB but i think they may only be for businesses in the US

forum
09-03-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by chucked
I sent an email to the BBB but i think they may only be for businesses in the US

and canada. my fathers company is a member

robby26wi
09-03-2003, 03:41 AM
atvshopline.com Back-order this name

Domain Name.......... atvshopline.com
Creation Date........ 2003-08-29
Registration Date.... 2003-08-29
Expiry Date.......... 2004-08-29
Organisation Name.... Lisa A Gibson
Organisation Address. 328 Cross St.
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Akron
Organisation Address. 44311
Organisation Address. OH
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES
Admin Name........... Lisa A Gibson
Admin Address........ 328 Cross St.
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Akron
Admin Address........ 44311
Admin Address........ OH
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email.......... jonnytox@yahoo.com
Admin Phone.......... +1.3304346929
Admin Fax............
Tech Name............ YahooDomains TechContact
Tech Address......... 701 First Ave.
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
Tech Address......... 94089
Tech Address......... CA
Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
Tech Email........... domain.tech@YAHOO-INC.COM
Tech Phone........... +1.6198813096
Tech Fax............. +1.6198813010
Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
Name Server....

You guys should try calling that number in OH

nakomis0
09-03-2003, 04:15 AM
LoL, Oh ya somebody please call and ask for that Lisa gurl and see whats up.:D

laker_42
09-03-2003, 06:06 AM
It also says on the Order Help screen:

For online purchases, İATVSHOPline uses security measures available through Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL authentication supports 128-bit encryption. This means that your credit card and other personal information submitted during the buying process are protected with SSL so as to prevent such information from being accessed by others.

When you buy a quad online, it says that you have to send the money via Western Union. They have no reason to use Verisign because you don't have to use your credit card to buy it from them.

Definite scam!!!

John

Cody_300ex
09-15-2003, 06:36 AM
bump did anybody ever call that person?

lil400exman
09-15-2003, 09:48 AM
did anyone call her? i think the person that gave the info needs to call........:devil:

lol
09-15-2003, 02:45 PM
OF COURSE IT WAS A SCAM....THERES NO WEBSITE ANYMORE! try to get on the site

310Rduner
09-15-2003, 07:22 PM
yep, its gone now.. nothing left but the index to a parental directory.

lol
09-15-2003, 07:44 PM
That hacker moved!

Guy400
09-15-2003, 07:51 PM
LMAO...Cross St. in Akron, OH is Crack Central. There is NO ATV dealership there.

310Rduner
09-15-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
LMAO...Cross St. in Akron, OH is Crack Central. There is NO ATV dealership there.

Maybe the guys on crack, and he imagined it all?:D

lol
09-15-2003, 07:59 PM
lmao

mall0y
09-15-2003, 08:34 PM
i still think someone should call...just for chits and giggles....