PDA

View Full Version : Sterring Stabilizer

01-28-2002, 05:44 PM
I'm looking to get a Sterring Stabilizer for my 400ex quad. Is PEP a good one? I don't want to sink more than $150. Do any of you have any recommendations and where to get the best prices?

I'm also looking for spacers for better stability. Would you recommend putting them both on the front and back?

thanks

CBRSLIDER
01-28-2002, 07:42 PM
I was in the showroom at Hetrick Racing about 2 weeks ago and saw a Denton Rebuildable Stabilizer on display for $135. This Denton is the same as the Graydon and the Muscle from Magic Racing. $135 is an awesome price. I have the Graydon and paid $175 for mine and the Denton is the same. Man that really sucked when I saw that. Check the links section for Hetrick Racing's site. You'll probably have to call them to get the price on it. I didn't see it listed on their site.

Tell them Ray Milliard sent ya. Also mention that you're a member of this site. According to Hetrick330EX, that will get ya a discount.

Let me know how it goes.

Ray

01-28-2002, 07:57 PM
is the Hetricks similar in quality to the pmp?

I'll check them out.. thanks

CBRSLIDER
01-29-2002, 04:56 AM
I have no experience with the PEP, but from what I have heard the Denton Rebuildable is alot better. It is all aluminum. Very fine piece of equipment.

Ray

Scott
01-29-2002, 06:33 AM
I have the Denton that CBRSlider is talking about, and that $135 seems to be the normal price, that's what I paid. I have no complaints. If the rebuildable PEP or the Muscle from speed are priced better, I'd get whichever is cheapest. From what I've read on here, all three are basically the same piece. Just make sure it the 7 position, rebuildable steering stabilizer.

As for spacers, I don't have any experience with them. Sorry.

01-29-2002, 08:30 AM
Spacers are OK up front but wouldn't recommend them for the rear if your gonna be jumping..and the stabilizers are great..:D