PDA

View Full Version : Any relation between cams and # of disks run on E-Series?

cheetah
08-31-2003, 02:15 PM
I was wondering if there is any relation between cams and number of disks to run on an E-Series? I have a stage 2 hotcam right now and it's a mid-top end cam right? Well adding more disks flows better on top end right? Would this not be a better setup? I remember a thread a while back saying that you don't want a mid-topend cam fighting a bottom end pipe that it will drag performance down and was wanting some input regarding this specifically. I've got 12 in right now and just curious to if I would benefit from more disks.

Dune Surfer
08-31-2003, 04:51 PM
You are thinking along the right lines. Try running it with the disk all removed (strait pipe) and see how it goes. If it is better get more disk or just order a turn down tip. You will lose some bottom end.

cheetah
09-01-2003, 03:12 AM
Just two more questions, does adding or removing disks give more up top and does the turndown cap add more power to it?

sweet300ex
09-01-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by cheetah
does the turndown cap add more power to it?
WB states it is for looks only

cheetah
09-01-2003, 04:27 AM
I thought that too, but it seems like more and more people on here says it gives power, but the only thing I see it would do is drag the ground if it fell back on the bar.

sweet300ex
09-01-2003, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by cheetah
I thought that too, but it seems like more and more people on here says it gives power, but the only thing I see it would do is drag the ground if it fell back on the bar.
i dont see how it would, the air comes out the discs

cheetah
09-01-2003, 05:00 AM
exactly

speedy400
09-01-2003, 06:29 AM
*******The turn down end cap is for when you just take off all the disks and just have it straight. In the end the scilencer would look similar to aHMF scilencer or something along those lines.-darren

cheetah
09-01-2003, 01:18 PM
I thought the disks were the key to it's power. If that's the case how can you benefit from running no disks? Sorry for all the questions I just want to understand how my exhaust works so I know how to best tune it.

JOEX
09-01-2003, 02:12 PM
The discs are for tuning. When running with out discs OR the spark arrestor plate would be like running a straight pipe, alot of flow and alot of noise. Running less discs will reduce the flow and noise.

We were the dunes last week and me and my buddies ran 4 discs just to keep the noise down. Performance was down but still usable.

Supposedly 12 discs is ideal for most applications with proper jetting. Some run as many as 18 for more top end performance.

Joe