PDA

View Full Version : How to Preload on jumps?

400ex#18
08-31-2003, 05:57 AM
I know that a key part in freestyle is preloading, and i just can't get it down :ermm: . Is there any special ways or techniques?

westcoastmxer
08-31-2003, 06:07 AM
when ur going up the jump try to push the footpegs into the ground(try to bottom the shock out).

westcoastmxer
08-31-2003, 06:08 AM
do you have an extended axle?

400ex#18
08-31-2003, 06:18 AM
No i don't have an extended axle, but i am getting an RPM axle this winter...

westcoastmxer
08-31-2003, 07:14 AM
does it look funny,or make it harder to jump on uneven jumps that dirt bikes tear up?

Rip_Tear
08-31-2003, 09:19 AM
Just be careful I know its not the easiest thing to do.

exrider123
08-31-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by westcoastmxer
do you have an extended axle?

i have an extended +4 axle and I want to preload how will the extended axle effect preloading

westcoastmxer
08-31-2003, 04:00 PM
no it doesnt effect the pre loading any

Nausty
08-31-2003, 05:12 PM
basically if you wanna preload to get extra height and distance off a jump you need to go fast towards a jump and let off just a little right before you hit and then rock back and mash on the gas and kinda gradually jump up as you leave the face. That should help a lot compared to just leaning back and having steady throttle throughout the jump.

Thats the best I could explain it....

Also if you ask me if you preload on jumps where the lips are more tore up than others than stuff has a tendancy to go wrong quicker. Thats why on rutted, uneven jumps I tend to lean back farther on the face and not preload as hard.

wurrCRAZY
09-01-2003, 01:48 AM
I know about on any jump like westcoastmxer said, when you go up the face of the jump just push down w/ your legs to bottom out the shock a little so they pre load you up into the air. On certain jumps that are made right you can pre load by sitting down. But BEWARE it is very dangerous! your shocks have to be set up right and you have to have the right jump. but all you do is stay sitting on the seat about in the middle or a little farther back. and go up the face of the jump. This will pre load the rear shock and right before you leave stand up a little so you dont get kicked over the bars. depending on the jump you might have to burp it. and also you will more then likely have to lean towards the front a little. This kinda of pre load wont help you for free style but if you race it helps a lot w/ the jumps right out of corners. Just be careful if you try it!

400ex#18
09-01-2003, 04:51 AM
Why does it matter wether i have an extended axle or now anyways. I do have 2in. spacers, and the dirtbikes where i practice don't hit the jumps that us quad riders build...They have been threatened, and couple of them have been hurt, not by myself, but by others. But thanks for the help guys...