PDA

View Full Version : 416ex electrical probs

Kilabanshee
08-31-2003, 05:40 AM
Yeah i was riding my 416 with fyfedog yesterday and it was running great. I turned off my quad to watch him do some jumps and it just wouldnot fire up for some odd reason. I checked all my wires in the front and they look connected. Then my left ground wire was a little lose and my fuse looked alittle shot. Any other advise on what it could be electrical wise????

Kilabanshee
09-02-2003, 10:18 AM
Can anyone help me??? No lights nothing came on soo i know its electrical.

cals400ex
09-02-2003, 10:47 AM
is the battery working? if so i would make sure the fuse is good and the wire is not loose anymore.

kentucky_kid84
09-02-2003, 02:46 PM
Man i guarantee its your fuse just in front of your battery, if you've never changed it, it'll have a spare in the case. Mine did the same thing

speedy400
09-02-2003, 02:53 PM
^^^ yep,it's either the fuse or the battery is dead for some reason-darren

09-03-2003, 03:29 AM
I'd go thru and check every connection. Probably loose wires on the battery or ground wire. replacing the fuse is a quick fix till ya blow it again...find the problem before ya get stuck again...:cool:

YZROOSTINYA
09-03-2003, 04:06 AM
my fuse went on me a year ago and did the same thing

Kilabanshee
09-03-2003, 01:30 PM
Yeah are you comming down thursday palmer to give it a look. Also are you going to freeland with ian and all??? Iam gonna hit up cycle center and get some new grounds and fuses and if it doesnot start, then i think ill have you take a look. Unless you really want to check it out tomarrow? O yeah i got that spark plug wrench so you can check my jetting.

YZROOSTINYA
09-04-2003, 12:15 AM
I'll try to swing down

I will prob be out with the Whoa-man this weekend.

she keeps saying I ditch her to ride:rolleyes:

lansing400ex
09-04-2003, 11:13 AM
Your fuse is blown because of a short at the headlights. Mine did the same thing and would not start. I replaced the fuse and next time I turned the headlights on it blew again and would not start. Pull your front fender assembly loose and look in the back of the headlights. Theres a metal ring that the headlight wires pass through. The wires will have the insulation cut through from vibrating against the metal. Wrap the wires in electrical tape. This is a common 400EX wire problem.