PDA

View Full Version : Z running poor

4TraxRider
08-31-2003, 05:19 AM
I went to start up my Z yesterday because I have a race tomarrow, and it doesn't run good at all. It runs fine until its warm, then it will pop and spudder for the fisrt 2000 rpm then cleans itself up. It seemed like the choke was on but it wasn't. It smells rich, and it smokes now I pulled the plug and it is black and wet. I haven't changed any engine parts, everything is stock, and it did this after running great the day before at about the same temp. Any help would be great. Thanks.

ReconRider25
08-31-2003, 07:41 AM
sounds like the jettings a little off? that or you could try cleaning the carb.

stupid driver
08-31-2003, 05:53 PM
make sure your pilot is screwed in. If it is, screw in the fuel screw a ways. If that dont hlp,go down on the pilot one size. Sounds like your problem is in the low rpm, so the pilot is off

4TraxRider
09-01-2003, 03:43 AM
Starting to work on it right now, thanks.

hawiianpwr
09-01-2003, 05:00 AM
how long has it been since you've run it last? It could be the gas

4TraxRider
09-01-2003, 05:24 AM
The day b4 it was running bad, i ride every day and race every weekend. I just cleaned the carb, adjusted everyhting back to stock, even though it all was anyway, drained the gas and put new in, and it's still doing it. I'm bringing it back to the dealer tomarrow, because i really don't feel like working on it, and they sponsor me so it's jut as easy,unless somebody knows for sure what it is now. Thanks