PDA

View Full Version : Bad Luck!!!

honda416exman
08-31-2003, 04:20 AM
Ok about 2 weeks ago I bid on a 250r on ebay. It was adult owned and close to us. So we picked it up for 2800 and its had new reed spacers, 260 kit new race carb. Anyways I was riding it yesterday, not hard, and it started making a high pitch noise from the engine, it stalled. So I go to kick it over and I got it started but it was really hard to kick which scared me. I went to rip it and it made a metal to metal noise in the engine and died immediatly. Now the kick starter was stuck. It seazed something. My freind Steve on a banshee towed it to his place. So he said mabe Jon this guy down the street that works for kandk would know. We go there and see his R. And it was beutiful, nothing stock, Hyper wheels Lonestar frame Pro 2000 motor, spotless. So he says ya i'll take a look. So we start tearing it apart. And the piston was seazed along with the crank case. And we found a bunch of cracks in the frame!!:mad: And we drained the motor fluid and it was GREY!! watery grey. Jon says he rebuilds his motor every 7 tanks of gas. I was like what theres no need for that much. I like spot less quads and I maintained them great. So now I don't want the frame welded. I'll prolly buy a new one and look into a new motor, Eaither aftermarked R . Or does anyone know who sells the cheapest 450f motor?

hawiianpwr
08-31-2003, 04:26 AM
Sorry to hear that. Thats bull!

linkcmd88
08-31-2003, 07:24 AM
hey are you going to ceep that R cus i want a worn out one to fix up and if you are how much

Bean
08-31-2003, 11:48 AM
mine blew up the first ride, but i got mine rebuilt for free

BTW, that sucks, but you shouldnt go gung ho and trash the hole R, rebuild it and give it a try then, it was 2800$, you shouldnt expect a solid gold deal

Bill Fuller
08-31-2003, 12:04 PM
Ther is nothing the matter with a frame that has been welded,I would dare say that "most" R's have rewelded frames.....they are around 15 years old you know.I hade my 400 welded and know countless others who have as well.Metal fatigue is very common especially around shock mounts and around the foot peg area.Sorry to hear about the chitty deal you got but it's not the end of the world.

honda416exman
09-01-2003, 03:45 AM
Ya I don't know if it'll be fixed by fall cuz thats the best time to ride. I'm sorta indebt rite now. I f you knew how much money I just dumped into my car, its rediculous!! Anyway ya i'll prolly Just try to figure out a way to get the motor then worry about the frame next year.

Thanks for the replys,
Josh

KASCHAK
09-01-2003, 07:16 PM
sorry to hear that. when i buy something i usually rip it apart the first day just to make sure there is nothing wrong to prevent even more damage.