PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a Haro!?

ShiftFMX
08-31-2003, 04:13 AM
Hey Guys, I'm Gettin another bike and i'm in to the haro's. I'm leaning towards a Mirra 540 or a Function 5. Does Anyone have any of these 2 bikes...or any haro? How is it holdin up? And any other info would be great. ThAnKs!

:blah: Killa

08-31-2003, 05:25 AM
Do they still make bikes by Hutch or skyline???????????:confused:

TheRedRebel17
08-31-2003, 05:28 AM
Mu freind got a haro shredder like 2 years ago, and nothing has gone wrong with it, besides the usual mantence stuff

08-31-2003, 05:35 AM
i have had 3 haro 540 airs. one was stolen and 2 have everything done to them but a frame. Its a little heavy and long, so it depends on your size. I believe the top tube is 20.75 which is bigger then a normal frame. If you are like 5'9"or taller or 190+lbs youll be fine. If you are a smaller guy at like 150 or 5'5" it may be to big. Ride one to make sure and if it fits you and your comfortable on it go for it. its a great frame. I used one for street and one for dirt and they took many many bails and hard hits. Its a bullet proof frame. I also will probably be selling everything off them so if you need anything pm me. I have everything from cables, pedals and levers to cranks, forks, rims, tires, bars, etc.

theTman
08-31-2003, 05:42 AM
i had a haro zippo but got nailed by a car and bent the rear end of the frame

ShiftFMX
08-31-2003, 05:48 AM
is the three peice crank a HUGE improvment over the single? I know its rebuildable...i know thats always a good thing. I'm 5' 10 and 160 pounds...so it should be perfect eh? lol

08-31-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Killa250ex
is the three peice crank a HUGE improvment over the single? I know its rebuildable...i know thats always a good thing. I'm 5' 10 and 160 pounds...so it should be perfect eh? lol

you dont need a 3 piece crank unless you go big. The 1 piece will bend from hard landing and bails. also the benefit of the three piece crank is that the you can get the crank arms in different lengths so it more comfortable to pedal and also you can get longer crank arms if u r bigger or so its easier to pedal (more leverage) or you can get shorter if you are a smaller guy. I wouldnt get a 3 piece unless you break the 1 piece. There is not really a noticable difference other then strength, looks, and that you can replace the arms, bearings and everything seperately.

TheRedRebel17
08-31-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by QuadMX18
you dont need a 3 piece crank unless you go big. The 1 piece will bend from hard landing and bails. also the benefit of the three piece crank is that the you can get the crank arms in different lengths so it more comfortable to pedal and also you can get longer crank arms if u r bigger or so its easier to pedal (more leverage) or you can get shorter if you are a smaller guy. I wouldnt get a 3 piece unless you break the 1 piece. There is not really a noticable difference other then strength, looks, and that you can replace the arms, bearings and everything seperately.

Go 3 piece...i bent my one pieces in 6 months from bails...going on 2years w/o any problems now :)

YamaWarr0121
08-31-2003, 06:44 AM
definately go 3 piece when it comes to cranks, you cannot go wrong that way, take a look at Redline and Specialized Bicycles, they are wayy nicer IMO then Haro's. GT's or anything of the sort..

also if you plan to ride street, (aka grinding stalling, things of that sort, make sure you get a heavy duty chain ( one that looks like a dirtbike chain) smaller sprockets, and make damn sure u have triple walled 48H wheels, you wont regret it.
I used to ride bmx everyday of my life and have many bikes and parts around that used to be awesome to me, until i bought my quad n i stopped riding them completely:huh

Honda4trax250x
08-31-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Do they still make bikes by Hutch or skyline???????????:confused:

hutch does i think. u mean skyway? no they dont, however i still have one of those badboys

4wheelboy
08-31-2003, 07:39 AM
i have profile 3 peices black jack thick sprokect , kmc thick street chain. and a wider acs fat claw freewheel. thats what u need for some agressive street.

too bad i bent my on of my profile cranks last nite:scary:

MotoX3
08-31-2003, 09:16 AM
a few years ago i built a kicker with a very steep drop in for my diamonback joker and like 60 times i flipped over tryin to drop in but wen i finally got in i tried a superman and evidently crashin on the drop in so many times cracked my frame cuz i landed wrong and my frame broke in half....keep in mind i had this bike for a few years and beat the thing on a daily basis(i tried to jump it off the garage a few times:p )so dont get diamondbacks!

Glow Plug
08-31-2003, 01:10 PM
I have a 540 I only use it to go back and forth on because I suck at bmx lol, but I havn't had ANY problems with it over 2 years that i've had it :)

250x#93
08-31-2003, 04:22 PM
I have a god damn Mongoose hoop d:o :scary:

mall0y
08-31-2003, 04:31 PM
dude dont get a haro...if your serious about bmx and that buy (or in my case) build a custom bike.... i built 2 bikes and i used a haro frame...they are OK but eventually you will have to start replacing parts, so your better off buying a good one from teh begining....it like buying one of thoes QJ ATV 250cc quads (http://www.ewmd.net/) versus a 400ex or somethin....so do what ya want....id just go for the bike that will hold up the most ....TRust me!!!!

sweet300ex
08-31-2003, 04:41 PM
I have a 2000 540 air, and i put it through tons of abuse, and jump far and high (and sometimes wreck) and it has held up fine

My next bike will be a DK Dayton, DK's top of the line

Atreyu
08-31-2003, 05:00 PM
I would go with DK, FitBikes, or Hoffman...I dont really like the haro's much. Other bikes are built way better for the same price..

mall0y
08-31-2003, 05:01 PM
give me about $600-$800 and ill build you a bike that will last thru alot of abuse...or u could just go buy a complete from albes or somethin

4wheelboy
08-31-2003, 05:09 PM
dude if ur going to be serious about riding start from parts get american made frame like standard, mosh, Fit, S&M. FbM WTP<, volume. then get thick chain an sprokects like kmc an balck jack sprokects. getn sum good forks like pitch forks. get tripple walls good bars and a strong hed set an stem:devil:

mall0y
08-31-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
dude if ur going to be serious about riding start from parts get american made frame like standard, mosh, Fit, S&M. FbM WTP<, volume. then get thick chain an sprokects like kmc an balck jack sprokects. getn sum good forks like pitch forks. get tripple walls good bars and a strong hed set an stem:devil:

I have all of the above....except for the frames i only have one :D :D :D

4wheelboy
08-31-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by mall0y
I have all of the above....except for the frames i only have one :D :D :D

finaly someone that understands me:D

DillonTMNT
08-31-2003, 10:07 PM
Depends on what you are going ro ride. I wouldnt recoment Haro. I would go for Hoffman,Dk......Tell me how much you want to spend and I will see if you can built a good complete custom bike from a mail order (not Danscomp) go to www.albes.com or www.empirebmx.com They both have nice bike and alot of good guys working there. anymore questions just post them up. :) later

-Dillon

QuadTrix6
09-01-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by DillonTMNT
Depends on what you are going ro ride. I wouldnt recoment Haro. I would go for Hoffman,Dk......Tell me how much you want to spend and I will see if you can built a good complete custom bike from a mail order (not Danscomp) go to www.albes.com or www.empirebmx.com They both have nice bike and alot of good guys working there. anymore questions just post them up. :) later

-Dillon

how can you compare hoffman and DK to haro :huh hoffman are flat land and vert bikes, there way to heavy. Dk should stick to dirt, if your gonna ride street and your not building a bike go haro. when it comes to parts Go with KINK, they got sick warrantys :devil:

mall0y
09-01-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
finaly someone that understands me:D

haha what kind of setup do you run??:cool:

mall0y
09-01-2003, 02:49 AM
ohh yeah i forgot....if you want a meean trail bike i have one for sale...it was the first bike i built but its awsome....its really light and is awsome out at the trails....i used a haro tr2.3 frame (its not as strong as i would have hoped but its one crazy bike!!). If anyone wants to buy it just pm me or something...later!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frame: TR2.3 Full Cromo (White)
Fork: Haro Full Cromo Straight Shooter
HeadSet: A-HEADSET SX-1 1-1/8 (FS)
Sprocket: Graveyard
Crank Set: Poverty POW cranks with sealed performnce bearings
Handlebar: Hoffman Jumping Bars
Stem: Poverty Block Stem
Grip: Demolition Death
Rims: Alex MX22 Double Wall rims
Tires: Maxxis Maxxdaddy's
Rear Brake: Tektro
Brake Lever: Diatech MX99
Seat: Hoffmann Jumping seat
Seat Post: Haro Micro Adj. Alloy
Pedals: Poverty Peddler

ny300exrider
09-01-2003, 03:11 AM
if you want a good bike that will last, you need to save and build your own. standard, fit, s&m, kink, WTP, volume, metal bikes, ect are companys who you should buy from. i will never buy a haro, dk, hoffmann again. you can buy the parts you want to set it up the way you ride.i ride alot of trails(dirt jumps) so i set my bike up with light but strong parts, dirt tires, skinny chains, ect. but when i go street riding i switch to a thick sprocket, chain, and i put a bashguard on my FBM sprocket. look at www.staff-bmx.com www.albes.com www.danscomp.com ect for all the parts, then build it yourself if you want the best

btw i ride a standard trls 250 built from the frame up. its cool to see other riders on here

freakystone
09-01-2003, 03:33 AM
I've got a mint Kuwahara Laser Lite F/S Factory frame. It has Kuwahara bars, Kuwahara post, a DK headset and Tange 747 forks. I just have new hold over factory decals, new holdover factory grips and new hold over factor sprocket too. I'm selling it all for $150.00

mall0y
09-01-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
if you want a good bike that will last, you need to save and build your own. standard, fit, s&m, kink, WTP, volume, metal bikes, ect are companys who you should buy from. i will never buy a haro, dk, hoffmann again. you can buy the parts you want to set it up the way you ride.i ride alot of trails(dirt jumps) so i set my bike up with light but strong parts, dirt tires, skinny chains, ect. but when i go street riding i switch to a thick sprocket, chain, and i put a bashguard on my FBM sprocket. look at www.staff-bmx.com www.albes.com www.danscomp.com ect for all the parts, then build it yourself if you want the best

btw i ride a standard trls 250 built from the frame up. its cool to see other riders on here

haha thats mean, but why change all your sprokets to ride street....thats why i built more bikes, b/c after a while changing part everytime you ride, it gets to be a pain in the *****...o well whats your setup??

sweet300ex
09-01-2003, 03:37 AM
has anyone seen the Mirra Pro this year? its literally Spearmint Green with white forks! its sick:blah:

Atreyu
09-01-2003, 03:39 AM
www.danscomp.com --- buy a frame then the kit with all the parts you'll need to finish the bike...I think they are mostly poverty parts..

mall0y
09-01-2003, 03:41 AM
sweet300ex ... i didnt see the new ones yet but i think a dark green frame would be better like the old backtrails....its pretty cool tho....

Atreyu ... dont buy from dans....go to albes or some other "rider-owned" companies

sweet300ex
09-01-2003, 03:44 AM
sweet300ex ... i didnt see the new ones yet but i think a dark green frame would be better like the old backtrails....its pretty cool tho....
I know what ya meen, i wouldnt buy it but its somethin new i guess

mall0y
09-01-2003, 03:46 AM
yea...this is makin me want to go out and ride but its rainin here....it sucks

sweet300ex
09-01-2003, 03:48 AM
Heres the bike im gonna get soon, $450 new for a 2004, to me it comes with alot of nice parts stock and for the price
http://www.dkbicycles.com/products/bikes/dayton/dayton.html

mall0y
09-01-2003, 03:52 AM
dk's are nice strong bikes (although id rather build my own, that way you could make it feel like you want it to and everything, but dont get me wrong its an awsome bike)...my friend has one and the only problem he had with it was the rear axle/hub bearings, but he bought some speed beads, slapped 'em in there and he was on his way in no time...

sweet300ex
09-01-2003, 03:54 AM
dk's are nice strong bikes (although id rather build my own, that way you could make it feel like you want it to and everything, but dont get me wrong its an awsome bike)...my friend has one and the only problem he had with it was the rear axle/hub bearings, but he bought some speed beads, slapped 'em in there and he was on his way in no time...
ya my friend has an 8 pack and his bearings were bad also

mall0y
09-01-2003, 04:00 AM
thats a really cheap fix so they should be alright...anywho, what do you ride???. I ride street and dirt, i just like to fool around on my bike im not too serious about it (like makin a crareer outta it or anything )... we just ride around if ya see a ledge, ya hit it a couple times and move on...

the one time we were ridin down the street and in this one persons yard there was a grass hip type thing and these people who lived there were sittin on the porch, so we all did 1 footed tabletops over the hip and ran.... the people got really mad but didnt catch us...thats a fine example of a hit and run lol

sweet300ex
09-01-2003, 04:03 AM
thats a really cheap fix so they should be alright...anywho, what do you ride???. I ride street and dirt, i just like to fool around on my bike im not too serious about it (like makin a crareer outta it or anything )... we just ride around if ya see a ledge, ya hit it a couple times and move on...

the one time we were ridin down the street and in this one persons yard there was a grass hip type thing and these people who lived there were sittin on the porch, so we all did 1 footed tabletops over the hip and ran.... the people got really mad but didnt catch us...thats a fine example of a hit and run lol
we ride anything really, mostly street, some dirt, we ride through town and hit anything we find that is fun

Adam202
09-01-2003, 04:04 AM
DK are really nice bikes, if i got a bike id prolly get one of those or a standard :confused:. my buddys got a dk general lee, it was the last year they make the Good ones, now there a 200$ kids bike :( . i got a Schwinn super stock 1, i got a DK jumping stem, haro kneesavers, odi vice grips w/ ruffians, and maxxis maxx daddys tires. the thing is rusty as hell and its been through alot. the ole 1 peice crank is still cranking. my bro used to launch this bike, its been a really good bike. my bro had a Haro Ali, it was really light but not meant for dirtjumping. he ended up cracking the frame pretty bad. other bikes ive owned are a Haro zi [strong but crappy] and a Robinson sst.

mall0y
09-01-2003, 04:06 AM
yea thats pretty much what we do...but then ya gott factor in some of pranks and stuff....

Adam202
09-01-2003, 04:08 AM
http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/26132/p/460060_8668214764539111537_vl.jpg

mall0y
09-01-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Adam202
DK are really nice bikes, if i got a bike id prolly get one of those or a standard :confused:. my buddys got a dk general lee, it was the last year they make the Good ones, now there a 200$ kids bike :( . i got a Schwinn super stock 1, i got a DK jumping stem, haro kneesavers, odi vice grips w/ ruffians, and maxxis maxx daddys tires. the thing is rusty as hell and its been through alot. the ole 1 peice crank is still cranking. my bro used to launch this bike, its been a really good bike. my bro had a Haro Ali, it was really light but not meant for dirtjumping. he ended up cracking the frame pretty bad. other bikes ive owned are a Haro zi [strong but crappy] and a Robinson sst.

haha, well if it gets the job done :D

mall0y
09-01-2003, 04:15 AM
well....im headin...later!

By the way my AOL screen name is mall0y045 maybee you can catch me on there later....Bye

ShiftFMX
09-01-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by sweet300ex
has anyone seen the Mirra Pro this year? its literally Spearmint Green with white forks! its sick:blah:

Yep, IMO, there discusting looking!! The Color is called "mint Green" My dealer said dave musta god mad at haro and picked ugly colors for his bike this year, lol, he was jus playin around, but...ehh..i dont like it at all. Me and my mom are goin to the dealer tomorrow to hopefully to Pick up or order my bike. By the way...i am planning to only spend around 350...thats not much to get started but hey....its enuff to get a decent bike.

http://www.harobikes.com/2003/images/bikes/large/mirra540.jpg

Guy400
09-01-2003, 01:28 PM
Back in the day (we're talking mid-to-late 80's) I had a Haro Group 1. That was after I busted my Huffy Stu Thompson in half jumping car ramps:D

mall0y
09-01-2003, 01:44 PM
hahah thats crazzyy my friend still has a group 1

DillonTMNT
09-01-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
how can you compare hoffman and DK to haro :huh hoffman are flat land and vert bikes, there way to heavy. Dk should stick to dirt, if your gonna ride street and your not building a bike go haro. when it comes to parts Go with KINK, they got sick warrantys :devil:

hah you dont know what you are talking about. I guess you are stuck in 1998 or so when yes Hoffman had all park bikes...but now they have good bikes like the rhythm? Dont talk crap about companies when you have not ridden their products. Hoffman and Dk both have top middle and low line bikes in all the riding genres........I used to own a DK general lee frame and it was great but a littleon the long side. Both companies have light weight bikes. If you are looking at building a bike go with a T1 frame....amazing quality and warrenty services......plus you cant go wrong with a Texas company.....:)

-Dillon

sweet300ex
09-01-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by DillonTMNT
hah you dont know what you are talking about. I guess you are stuck in 1998 or so when yes Hoffman had all park bikes...but now they have good bikes like the rhythm? Dont talk crap about companies when you have not ridden their products. Hoffman and Dk both have top middle and low line bikes in all the riding genres........I used to own a DK general lee frame and it was great but a littleon the long side. Both companies have light weight bikes. If you are looking at building a bike go with a T1 frame....amazing quality and warrenty services......plus you cant go wrong with a Texas company.....:)

-Dillon
true, the rythem is a nice bike at a great price, and DK's line is priced fair too and they are great bikes!

zoom400ex
09-03-2003, 03:48 PM
i have a haro mirra 540 air for sale:D

JTRtrx250r
09-04-2003, 05:06 AM
Any of you older guys remember the aluminum Race Inc's and PK Rippers,I broke many Race Inc's but never the PK Ripper,my nephew actually still has my old PK:blah: as a kid ,my neighbor had a DG bike,kinda cheez but DG made a bmx bike haha

05-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
a few years ago i built a kicker with a very steep drop in for my diamonback joker and like 60 times i flipped over tryin to drop in but wen i finally got in i tried a superman and evidently crashin on the drop in so many times cracked my frame cuz i landed wrong and my frame broke in half....keep in mind i had this bike for a few years and beat the thing on a daily basis(i tried to jump it off the garage a few times:p )so dont get diamondbacks!

I love my db, no problems, i got the viper. Its a really lite bike, easy to wip in the air.

XCAdam89
05-21-2006, 04:13 PM
I have a haro backtrail X1, allthough it's a pretty good bike for a beginner, 1pc cranks, ect. I wish I would have spent a little more and got a DK Six Pack or something similar.

Honda TRX250ex
05-21-2006, 04:18 PM
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

dont get a haro!!! IMO they suck. all of my haros sucked. spend a little more money and get a kink or somthing

05-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Im thinking about this one in about a month, hows it look in the specs? I dont no too much about bmx yet.

05-21-2006, 04:29 PM
Oh heres the link, im going to be doing alot o dirt jumps, ramps, wheelies and bmx parks.

Mxjunkie
05-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Old post but.....

I have had about 3 haros havent had a problem with them at all.

This is a haro x3 when I bought it I rode the hell out of it for atleast 6 months before it died, went to danscomp.com and spent a little dough on it and its the best bike I've had yet. IMO Haro frames are probaly one of the best handling bikes out there, I had a fit van homan and it was eh.. It didnt like turning :o

05-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Oh and here the link again
http://www.diamondbackbmx.com/items.asp?deptid=3&itemid=128

Nice haro, how are they in weight?

Mxjunkie
05-21-2006, 05:20 PM
mines 30 with tripple walls, I cut an inch off each side of my bars and cut my seat post so i cut a little bit there and the rest is just light parts.

theTman
05-21-2006, 05:21 PM
i love my fit pro series

05-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Do you have any more pics jumping it or and flatland rideing?

05-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Do you have any more pics jumping it or any flatland riding?

Mxjunkie
05-21-2006, 05:24 PM
haha bmx scrub

Mxjunkie
05-21-2006, 05:25 PM
broke my damn freewheel..

05-21-2006, 05:26 PM
over shoot that a little?

Mxjunkie
05-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by banshee91
over shoot that a little?

ya, when I landed I went to pedal and my back wheel locked up..

I over shoot everything even on the quad lol

05-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Must of landed pretty hard, whats your injury list from bmx?

theTman
05-21-2006, 05:32 PM
:devil:

theTman
05-21-2006, 05:33 PM
i gotta build up my jump...

theTman
05-21-2006, 05:33 PM
this isnt supposed to happen

theTman
05-21-2006, 05:34 PM
last for now

05-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Nice pic, would one of you to be able to tell me a quick way to build a wooden jump? not too big but will be able to kick me 3-7 feet up.

Mxjunkie
05-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Must of landed pretty hard, whats your injury list from bmx?

2 concussions, 2 broken wrists, broke my index finger, broke my arm, fractured my wrist, fractured my ankle ands LOTS of road rash and cuts.

standardryder
05-21-2006, 05:37 PM
i would not recommend dk, alot of their frames only the top and down tubes are chromoly. one of my friends had an 8 pack and demolished the chain stay and seat stay. i have been into bmx for a long time and have pretty much tried almost everything out there. or have had friends who tried them. from my experiences, dk, haro, poverty, and hoffman are pretty much intermediate(sp) when it comes to quality. they wont stand up to major abuse. standard, kink, fbm, s&m, and fit are pretty much top of the line. and imo odyssey makes the best aftermarket parts. im sure someone will dissagree with me but just my 02.

Mxjunkie
05-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Nice pic, would one of you to be able to tell me a quick way to build a wooden jump? not too big but will be able to kick me 3-7 feet up.

You can kinda see ours..

We just took plywood and cut out the curve then put 2X4's down the curve and built a frame, then a piece of ply wood on top of the 2X4's

Mxjunkie
05-21-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm going there tomorrow I'll get some pictures for you.

Kinda gives you an idea how steep it is.

05-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by standardryder
i would not recommend dk, alot of their frames only the top and down tubes are chromoly. one of my friends had an 8 pack and demolished the chain stay and seat stay. i have been into bmx for a long time and have pretty much tried almost everything out there. or have had friends who tried them. from my experiences, dk, haro, poverty, and hoffman are pretty much intermediate(sp) when it comes to quality. they wont stand up to major abuse. standard, kink, fbm, s&m, and fit are pretty much top of the line. and imo odyssey makes the best aftermarket parts. im sure someone will dissagree with me but just my 02.

When you said dk do you mean diamondback?

Thanks mxjunkie

Mxjunkie
05-21-2006, 05:42 PM

Thanks mxjunkie

DK is a brand too, they are allright I've ridden a few.

http://www.anythingxtreme.com/whimages/b/Bike-SY-DKDay.jpg

standardryder
05-21-2006, 05:43 PM

Thanks mxjunkie

nah, dk and diamondback are different companies.

theTman
05-21-2006, 05:44 PM

Thanks mxjunkie

dk and diamondback are 2 different brands

i hated my diamondback

05-21-2006, 05:45 PM
What do you guys think of dbs?

Im looking at this one

I got the viper.

05-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by theTman
dk and diamondback are 2 different brands

i hated my diamondback

I like mine, its lite, easy to throw around, and its fits me well because im short.

standardryder
05-21-2006, 05:47 PM
What do you guys think of dbs?

Im looking at this one

I got the viper.

looks decent for the price range, but it doesnt give specs on the frame. always go with chromoly, you wont regret it down the road.

Mxjunkie
05-21-2006, 05:48 PM
I had a diamond back session and it lasted 4 months :o

05-21-2006, 05:50 PM
ive had mine for 3 months, both rims are a lil bent, brakes are done, and the baring is gone in the bars. Not sure what im going to go with next, whats a good bike?

theTman
05-21-2006, 05:55 PM
on mine the brakes went within a month

frame cracked by the seat post

bars wouldnt stay tight

crank went

05-21-2006, 05:59 PM
I had the bars problem for a while, i just tighend them real good and it was fine.

Im aloso looking at this bike here

http://www.harobikes.com/bmx/nyquist16.php

would it be good for jumping, going to parks and some flatland?

ny300exrider
05-21-2006, 06:01 PM
the best complete bike in my opinion is the integral belair. integral is a new sub-company from the parts company primo. the bike comes with a primo pro cassete rear hub laced to primo balance rims. hollowbite 3 pc cranks, balance seat, primo tires. i got this bike after finally putting my 5 year old standard trls250 through its last ride. the bike is amazing for a complete, rides much better than my frame up built standard, is so much cheaper than building a bike up and its light as can be. ive been riding it for the past month at the local park and some minor street and no complaints at all. if you have the $, its way worth it compared to other completes. if you add up the parts alone and then factor in a frame, its the best deal out there

coolex
05-21-2006, 06:18 PM
i had a haro x1 dlx and it was awsome till someone stoll it:mad:

05-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Around here they get stolen alot. Exept mine, i live in the county.

Robin Hood
05-21-2006, 10:14 PM
I've had 2 Haro F3's. They were stolen on a montly basis. They're good bikes, just don't let the little 13 year old ghetto fruit cake down the road steal it and spray paint over the entire bike.:mad:

05-22-2006, 05:40 AM
How bad di you beat him up?

Hon300ex
05-22-2006, 01:14 PM
2005 specialized fuse 3 is were its at:macho i love my bike. its been great for me so far

05-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Post some pics of it, or just some off the internet.

Mean250r
05-22-2006, 01:44 PM
by any chance does someone want a haro F4? i rode it like twice. nice bike but im more into pitbikes :devil: PM me if intrested, its like a army green

Hon300ex
05-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Post some pics of it, or just some off the internet.

i dont have any pics of mine, so ill post some of the 06. mine has some diff. stuff on it.

05-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Nice bike, whats the website? How much are they? Im looking for a new one, mine db is getting a little beat, ill put some money into it after i get a new bike.

05-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Thats what im rideing now.

http://www.diamondbackbmx.com/items.asp?deptid=1&itemid=137

Hon300ex
05-22-2006, 02:43 PM
http://www.specialized.com/
there about $400. there great bikes they just arn't that popular. if you have any questions pm me.

edit- this is a much better bike then that. that looks okay for just starting but your going to want something with stronger parts

suck my pipe
05-22-2006, 06:56 PM
I have a new Redline, I never realy herd of them but I was told they have been around for a while and it looked like it was built well. Any way I bought it, and I love it. Great all around bike. It was only like $250 at a bike shop.

Hondaexboy
05-22-2006, 07:31 PM
i got a Mirra 540,...
I think that its pretty good but I have had to replace the rear axle,bearings,brakes,cranks soon.

the frame is awsome,...Ive bailed soo many times and it holds up strong.
i say go with a FIT bike

EvilEwok
05-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Do not get a haro, they arn't bad bikes but they just don't stand up to abuse like S&M and FIT. Metal are really nice bikes too I've heard. If you must go with a cheaper framed bike though go with a DK. All of their bikes are great and they are realitively nicely priced.

Stevie-D
05-22-2006, 08:09 PM
got a haro shredder sitting out in the shed. have had that thing for probably going on 10 years now. beat the hell out of that thing back in the day:p couldnt manage to do anything but bend the crank all to hell

ShiftFMX
05-22-2006, 09:22 PM
haha, damn, this thread is old, I done got a haro and sold it, lol...

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/5729/bike1hj.jpg

EvilEwok
05-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Leave it to banshee 91 to awake a 3 year old thread. lmao