PDA

View Full Version : riding bikes

300EXer
08-30-2003, 09:29 PM
wowzers. im 14 a lil guy bout 5'5 and i rode my buddies yz250 and holy ***** f*ck that baby flies. well so i thought. then i rode my buddies crf450 and i could cat walk going bout 75 mph no prob. theses things have way to muhc power they're amazing bikes.i just cant believe how much power it had, i could barely hold on and im a pretty good rider.

EvilJester400EX
08-30-2003, 09:35 PM
I have respect for people that can ride dirtbikes aggressive and not fall off, lol.

JJWB023
08-30-2003, 10:18 PM
i also have respect for them 2

GrInDeR400ex
08-31-2003, 03:16 AM
i give props to the bike riders for being balls out, but u gotta give the quads a hand to some of the guys can do the same stuff with a quad that a bike can do at times:D

JJWB023
08-31-2003, 04:39 AM
true

Adam202
08-31-2003, 04:51 AM
yea i rode a brand new cr250 and just loved the power, i would like to ride a bike like that because its all the power you need right there. but i would end up hurting myself on a bike that fast, so ill stick to quads and me xr50 :D

ShiftFMX
08-31-2003, 04:56 AM
why is it that quad riders cant ride bikes worth a $hit but bike riders can ride a quad just fine!? :rolleyes:

Adam202
08-31-2003, 04:58 AM
its not that i would be a ****ty rider, its that i dont wanna go through what ive seen all my freinds who ride bikes go through.... theres not 1 person i know who hasnt broken a bone who rides bikes. i dont wanna go down that road. yes it could happen on my quad but im already pretty experinced at quad riding.

MxDale71
08-31-2003, 06:42 AM
Bikes are safer on the MX tracks for me. A lot of times w/ quads you have the left side wanting to go one way and the right side wanting to go another, and that usually ends up in a rough landing or wadding up. I think it really just depends on your style though. Me personally, I didn't like to have to square of the jumps to keep it flying straight and it's a little more risky jumping side by side w/ another quad... on bikes I can hit the jumps at an angle if I need to and it'll fly straight no problem, and they are so narrow that you can fly side by side w/ 1 or 2 or more bikes and it's not AS risky. The suspension is also better on bikes because the frame won't hit the ground like on quads, and I know if I would have been on a quad when I cased some of the jumps I've cased, I would either have a really sprained wrist or I would have broken 1 or both of them.

I'm not sayin one is better than the other or that one is safer than the other, but for the way that I feel comfortable riding, a bike just works better for me. I've got respect for the guys that can ride really fast on quads. I raced Quad Int. around here and even won my last race, but it just wasn't for me.

SSracingNY
08-31-2003, 07:14 AM
i dont know about you guys but im lazy. Id rather not bust my *** trying to stay upright going through mud and what not on a bike. Then again you gotta keep a quad level in the air. But with a bike you got the factor of falling in mud/water and having it suck in water. Not good stuff. I stick on 4 wheels. Its that whole 2-wheel idear that i dont like. Yet i still love bikes. Depends on what im doing

derekhonda
08-31-2003, 07:21 AM
why is it that quad riders cant ride bikes worth a $hit but bike riders can ride a quad just fine!?

that hasnt been the case with the guys i ride with, i traded with my buddy who has a yz125 for a little while and he was going "now dont wreck it, this has alot of power, dont wreck it, dont wreck it, please dont wreck it" and so hi got on it, road a wheelie through three gears then locked up the rear spun a 180 and saw him wreck my quad turning on flat land (it kicked up on the right two wheels) it was funny, i still tease him about it.

4wheelboy
08-31-2003, 07:35 AM
i ride both. rite now im looking for a yz or cr 85. i cant ride a qaud fro chit on a mx track but put me on a bike and i can tear it up. i still like riding my quad on trails a lot better and going through mudd an water:devil:

but maby im more comfortable on bikes becuse i been ridin them my whole life and thats what i started on:confused:

MxDale71
08-31-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
i ride both. rite now im looking for a yz or cr 85. i cant ride a qaud fro chit on a mx track but put me on a bike and i can tear it up. i still like riding my quad on trails a lot better and going through mudd an water:devil:

but maby im more comfortable on bikes becuse i been ridin them my whole life and thats what i started on:confused:

I hear ya, trails and getting muddy is a lot more fun on a quad. I don't trail ride my bike and I certainly don't try to mud w/ it. Thats not what it was made to do, but put me on a MX track and I'll take a bike anytime, although I think I am (or was... haven't tried lately) pretty decent on a quad too.

Hey, a friend of mine has a super clean 02 Cr 125 for sale. He races a KTM SX 125 now, and his Honda has just been parked waiting for someone to buy it. He takes really good care of his bikes and I'll promise you that there is nothing wrong w/ it. If you're interested, PM me or IM me on AOL messenger. My S/N is MPeteyPabloX

JTRtrx250r
08-31-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Killa250ex
why is it that quad riders cant ride bikes worth a $hit but bike riders can ride a quad just fine!? :rolleyes: too funny....:D that seems to be the case the majority of the time:blah: after riding the quad for a few weeks,it takes me about 20 mins to come back around on the bike:uhoh: haha

I haven't rode the 03 CR250... but the 02 really suprized me w/ the grunt it had:eek2: :huh :macho :macho

Punk'd
08-31-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by 300EXer
wowzers. im 14 a lil guy bout 5'5 and i rode my buddies yz250 and holy ***** f*ck that baby flies. well so i thought. then i rode my buddies crf450 and i could cat walk going bout 75 mph no prob. theses things have way to muhc power they're amazing bikes.i just cant believe how much power it had, i could barely hold on and im a pretty good rider.

wowzers............................. LOL

stock400ex
08-31-2003, 10:51 AM
ive never rode a bike..... ill stick with the pred. :)

Adam202
08-31-2003, 10:54 AM
ride one ASAP, they be alot of fun.

HCR250X
08-31-2003, 01:07 PM
I ride both quads and dirtbikes and to me quads are so much easier. If you hit a rock about 3 inches in diameter on a dirtbike there is a good chance the tire will kick out and you will fall, but on a quad you don't even feel it. Also when you slam the brakes on a quad you just slide but on a dirtbike most likely you will fall over and then start slideing. To me the only time i feel safer on a dirtbike is jumping and hill climbing(just fallover and slide back down). But any other time I would much rather be on a quad.

08-31-2003, 01:48 PM
there was this guy on a kawasaki 250 2-stroke and he was ridin a wheelie up the street and fell off the back and rolled into a ditch goin about 55. the bike slid about 10 ft up the road. he got up and the first thing he said was "is my bike ok?". didnt do anything to the bike except bend up the front brake handle. but i have more experience on a bike than a quad. my chain came off the old yz 85 and the chain got caught on a screw so the back tire locked up at the same time i was running over a bunch of mud, so it slid around but i never fell. i controlled the slide and stopped it.

SSracingNY
08-31-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by HCR250X
I ride both quads and dirtbikes and to me quads are so much easier. If you hit a rock about 3 inches in diameter on a dirtbike there is a good chance the tire will kick out and you will fall, but on a quad you don't even feel it. Also when you slam the brakes on a quad you just slide but on a dirtbike most likely you will fall over and then start slideing. To me the only time i feel safer on a dirtbike is jumping and hill climbing(just fallover and slide back down). But any other time I would much rather be on a quad.

Hell yea man i feel the same way. All depends on what your doing. while i ride im like i wish there was a button to go from a quad to a bike and back to a quad.

hessianmx111
08-31-2003, 03:38 PM
ive got an 02 kx100 and love to ride bikes, i tried riding sport quads and it just wasnt for me. i love plowing through berms, jumping, dodging trees its just all around more fun i think, maybe cause im better on a bike i dunno though. i used to fall over all the time but ive been riding for a lil over a year now and harldy ever fall over anymore. bikes are just so much more fun to me but i dont think one is better than the other, i give quad riders so much respect for being able to ride a quad like they do

4wheelboy
08-31-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by RAPTOR660
there was this guy on a kawasaki 250 2-stroke and he was ridin a wheelie up the street and fell off the back and rolled into a ditch goin about 55. the bike slid about 10 ft up the road. he got up and the first thing he said was "is my bike ok?". didnt do anything to the bike except bend up the front brake handle. but i have more experience on a bike than a quad. my chain came off the old yz 85 and the chain got caught on a screw so the back tire locked up at the same time i was running over a bunch of mud, so it slid around but i never fell. i controlled the slide and stopped it.

some 1s nose is growing! in your profile it says yz 80?

"yz 80 (stolen)
04 blaster
raptor carborator
everything else stock
flames powdercoating job" -raptor660s profile

MxDale71
08-31-2003, 04:19 PM
How was he lyin?

Adam202
08-31-2003, 04:29 PM
how hasnt he lied, i dont wanna start any arguments but ive noticed ALOT of fishy things with this member. i dont wanna see him go because of this i just think he should stop already. i guess he used to have a yz 80. he claimed it was a yz 85 in his older profile or something which is the newer model yz 80, and he must have changed it to 80 recently in his profile, but in his post he is still saying 85.... so was it a 80 or 85?

4wheelboy
08-31-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Adam202
how hasnt he lied, i dont wanna start any arguments but ive noticed ALOT of fishy things with this member. i dont wanna see him go because of this i just think he should stop already. i guess he used to have a yz 80. he claimed it was a yz 85 in his older profile or something which is the newer model yz 80, and he must have changed it to 80 recently in his profile, but in his post he is still saying 85.... so was it a 80 or 85?

exactly some things just aint adding up:confused: :huh

MxDale71
08-31-2003, 06:12 PM
Oh... well I guess if he doesn't really own the bike and he just wants to feel cool, thats his deal.

I wouldn't worry about it to much cause when it comes right down to it, we can walk outside and actually have something to ride :D .

HCR250X
09-01-2003, 02:57 AM
I got a some advise I thought I should share.

There was this lion who had just eaten a bull,and he felt good. He felt so good he opened his mouth and roared and roared. He roared until a hunter came along and shot him.
The moral of the story is: when you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.

A weakend turkey was standing in pasture. He was mumbling that he could not fly anywhere. A bull told him that his cow patties where very nutritious, so the turkey ate it and he noticed he had new streghth he keep eating them untill he could fly untop of a pine tree. he was so proud of himself. the next day the turkey was still at the top of the tree so a farmer came out and shot him for food.
Managment lesson #1: bull**** will get you to the top but it won't keep you there

Adam202
09-01-2003, 03:57 AM
RM 80
04 blaster
raptor carborator
flames powdercoating job

we got a rm 80 now?

4wheelboy
09-01-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by HCR250X
I got a some advise I thought I should share.

There was this lion who had just eaten a bull,and he felt good. He felt so good he opened his mouth and roared and roared. He roared until a hunter came along and shot him.
The moral of the story is: when you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.

A weakend turkey was standing in pasture. He was mumbling that he could not fly anywhere. A bull told him that his cow patties where very nutritious, so the turkey ate it and he noticed he had new streghth he keep eating them untill he could fly untop of a pine tree. he was so proud of himself. the next day the turkey was still at the top of the tree so a farmer came out and shot him for food.
Managment lesson #1: bull**** will get you to the top but it won't keep you there

lmao

hondafox440
09-01-2003, 05:01 AM
I prefer bikes so much more over quads. Quads no longer challenge me. Once you learn how to ride a quad, thats it. In quad riding/racing, you are more limited by your machines capabilities rather than your own. I raced my 440 (was a 400 then) last year in B class. The only mods it had were nerfs, a silencer, and a K&N filter. I ended up taking 7th place in 400 and 9th in Open. That was my first race ever, and only my 3rd year on a quad. It wasn't that I was holding back, its just that the machine could not go any faster. I could not go any faster in turns because of the machine (stock tire size and suspension/a-arms/axle). I don't think there was one turn that I was on all 4 wheels (even when powersliding and basically sitting on the nerf).

With bikes, it is just about all rider skill. The bike affects how fast you can go to some degree, but not as much as a quad. Thats what I love about them. It challenges you. Now I really only ride quads for ****s and giggles, when I want to show off, or just do some wheelies. I think the only thing that challenges me on a quad is jumping, and I have alot of respect for people who go big on quads.

Plus, (in some cases so don't take it personally) there is a different mentality with quadders. You get the "I don't give a **** about protective gear, noise, or destroying trails!" people. When was the last time you saw a dirtbiker that was 100 lbs overweight with a muscle shirt on, no helmet, and a cooler of beer strapped to thier machine?

So I guess im saying that quads aren't that challenging for me, so I get bored mentally with them, where as with the bike I need to pay attention and work hard. I'll go get my flame suit :cool:

balla250ex
09-01-2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Killa250ex
why is it that quad riders cant ride bikes worth a $hit but bike riders can ride a quad just fine!? :rolleyes:

My friend has a KTM 125SX and he can't ride my quad...he is scared of it...Not scared of the little power it has, but scared it will tip, I have'nt flipped it once, I have came mighty close, but not completely. And I cannot ride that bike for nuthin.

09-01-2003, 09:00 AM
same deal with me. i have a kx100 and its a lot more fun than a quad, and safer. i only like the 4x4 quads for mud and trails i cant stand sport quads. i want a wolverine and a cr250.

i can ride my friends bigbear into the ground but he cant use the clutch or jump my dirtbike

hondafox440
09-01-2003, 02:04 PM
How come your info says you have a KE100 (crappy dualsport) but you say you have a KX100?

09-01-2003, 02:25 PM
mixup. i always say KX100 it just comes to mind because im never saying trail bike names (KE)..

i did this today with the number 400. at the end, looking at my screen i saw 400EX.

i have the KE100, not the KX100 :confused2

dont get confused, my profile is what i got

hondafox440
09-02-2003, 02:52 PM
Or had, as I see now. I always wanted a KE100 to fart around on, lol.