PDA

View Full Version : quickest way to get axle removed from swingarm

brian400ex
08-30-2003, 03:00 PM
I am talking off my swingarm to replace the bearings and was wonderin what is the quickest way to remove the axle. Do i need to mess with the brake rotor and that pain in the ***** nut?

Thanks

jerry-89-250R
08-30-2003, 03:04 PM
a torch is the quickest way "unless you want too use it again. you have too remove the nut and rotor holder it's not that bad

phatswinn
08-30-2003, 04:07 PM
it takes 15 minutes it aint much of a pain in the arse

take the right wheel and hub off the, the big circlip around the axle off after loosening the axle nut (its reversed threaded, take the nut off with the threaded body its on, then the caliper and rotor, the clip on the outside of the bearing carrier then slid the axle out

(just incase u didnt know how, i had a hard time the first time i tried)
its easy go for it

nakomis0
08-31-2003, 02:05 PM
Removing the axle is real easy and quick.

If your replacing the axle bearings thats not so easy and not so quick.

brian400ex
09-01-2003, 07:47 AM
lets clear this up. If your facing the back of the bike you turn the nuts down to loosen right? I read it both ways in my search i did.

KASCHAK
09-01-2003, 06:38 PM
nope up to loosen then. but you need to tighten both of them really tight the other way first so you can get the clip off.

KASCHAK
09-01-2003, 06:40 PM
here to make this eisier. take off the right hub off of the axle. then take off the caliper. then loosen the first nut the closer one to the swing arm downwords. to the swingarm. then the second one the same way. there will be a little clip on the axle take that out. then loosen the two nuts upwords to take them off. after that just pull out from the left