PDA

View Full Version : Moose Bearings

Dave400ex
08-30-2003, 10:27 AM
I am going to be replacing my Front Wheel bearings and Axle bearings. I asked C&D for a price on both and they were very cheap compared to the Honda bearings. I was wondering how the Moose bearings compared to the Honda as far as life? I believe Dusty said the Moose were All Balls bearings. Are these any good?

I am also getting the Pivot Works Bearings for my Swingarm Pivot and rear Linkage setup.

Just wanting some feedback to make sure I don't buy this stuff, then have it wore out in no time.

trailburner
08-30-2003, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't buy the moose bearings..I had a set in my axle[bearing carrier] & they didn't last long at all.......
Now "Pivot Works" bearing I found are just as good as stock if not better!! I found them for $50 a set for my axle...

toby400ex
08-30-2003, 04:44 PM
Just buy some on ebay, front wheel bearings are cheap from most places anyway, i got front and back bearings for 30 bux

Dave400ex
08-30-2003, 04:52 PM
Trailburner your running Pivot Works axle bearings too? I didn't think they made them. How are they holding up?

Toby what brand did you get and were they brand new?

Dave400ex
08-30-2003, 05:25 PM
I was just looking at Service Honda, for the front wheel bearings, all I need is the Dust seals and Bearings right? Nothing else I need to replace?
Then for the rear axle, I got the Dust reals, O-Rings, and Bearings. Is there anything else I need to replace on the rear?

trailburner
08-31-2003, 02:36 AM
The "Pivot Works" axle bearings are holding up great!!!!! I'v been doing alot of jumping & hard trail riding & they are still like new....The dust seals also came with the bearings thats all you should need to replace the bearings for the axle & front wheel..
PS: make sure when you pound the axle bearings out you pound them out even[hit top then bottom..etc] or you will crack your carrier....... :ermm:

Dave400ex
08-31-2003, 04:37 AM
Since they are holding up great I think I'll just get all Pivot Works then. Thanks alot.