PDA

View Full Version : just a quick question, please look

derekhonda
08-30-2003, 05:24 AM
you know where your oil lines feed in and out of your engine (on the right side case), well underneath those two lines theres 1 - 10mm head bolt that feeds into the engine. What does it do? Mine broke off and i know i need to get the rest of it out of there, but i dont understand why there is a bolt and a hole there

brim400ex
08-30-2003, 05:31 AM
IT'S AN OIL LEVEL CHECK BOLT.

44oEX
08-30-2003, 05:33 AM
It is only there to let you drain the oil pump.

08-30-2003, 06:08 AM
its an oil lever check bolt...start your machine, let it idle..and when you take thaty bolt out oil shouold be barely running out..i think thats what you do to check it..ive never used it though....its mainly there to see if there is a problem ith your lubrication system..not flowing fast enough, flowing too fast etc

derekhonda
08-30-2003, 06:17 AM
well, so should i try and get the remaining bolt out, and replace, or just put some jb weld over the hole. I want to drill in and get it out, but im worried about metal shavings in the bottom end

08-30-2003, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
well, so should i try and get the remaining bolt out, and replace, or just put some jb weld over the hole. I want to drill in and get it out, but im worried about metal shavings in the bottom end use an E-Z out...just drill a small hole about hald way through the bolt..and thread the e-z out in...it has reverse threads so as it threads in....it threads the bolt out..then just buy a new OEM bolt