PDA

View Full Version : Mt.Washington Auto Road

JLanphear
08-29-2003, 04:27 PM
Hey any of you Northeasterners been up Mt.Washington in NH?

My Girlfriend and I were in the area a couple months ago and were going to drive up the mountain but just out luck it was a Harley day or something so it was closed to cars. But anyway, I was checkin out there website at the hotel that day and I noticed they allow ATV's up there and that got me thinking :eek: ....

Anyway, I won't go into what I was thinking (but some could probably guess). I was wondering how much traffic is on that road? Are there certain days where it lighter than others? Certain days I should avoid? The less traffic the better :p .

Here's the website http://www.mt-washington.com/autoroad/index.html

Thanks for the help!

-Josh

joeroadking
08-30-2003, 12:25 PM
I was up there on my harley that day ,back in june! it was packed with bikes it is wild how different it is from ground level to the top temps climate etc. thought I was going to blow my trans on the way down ! I have not been up there on my quad. :D FYI the following day they had a sunset ride with the atvs afriend of mine went and said it was like winter up there at the peak. for thouse of you who are not familar with the auto road as I recall it is 8 miles ? of twisting steep road up and down pretty awesome view!everyone should check it out if they have the chance and a good set of brakes!:eek2: