PDA

View Full Version : newbie to big bore kits

go_chrisg
08-29-2003, 12:01 PM
ok well i dont really understand this stuff with big bore kits and stroking.....so could u guys recommend somthing on the lines of this..... if i was to get a bigger piston i would want one that still could run on premium gas and that would push out quite a bit of power. oh and i have a 300ex

greco400
08-29-2003, 12:55 PM
Hi, dont feel bad i didnt kno either but... what a big bore kit is is when you bore your clinder and have to resleve like On a 400ex a 440 is a high comp. piston with a sleeve and thats it. I dont know what there is for a 300ex and i dont know about a lot about stroker kits. But The highest your could run i beleive is 10:8 1 compression in your qaud on 92 octane. i have a friend with a kit in his 300ex that beats my stock 400. When you get the kit a cam would really bring it alive. IT gets the the pricie range when doing this but i think the money is well spent. Well i hope i helped you and good luck with it... I still gotta get mine 416 started!!

go_chrisg
08-30-2003, 02:12 AM
thanks for explaining that greco400......i have another question, could i get a 330 kit and still run it on normal gas?if so what would come in this kit and what would i have to buy?

greco400
08-30-2003, 03:14 AM
Oh your welcome, Yeah i think you could run on 93 octance from a gas station and i heard of people getting 93 and 110 and doing a 50/50 mix i dont really know a lot about that Sorry i couldnt thelp you on that, The 330 kit i think it would come with the piston rings and maybe a sleeve i dont know about the kits for the 300. But im sure you have to bore the cylinder and then to resleve it again. If i aint right Please correct me. Well you would need to get the kit with the piston, wrist clip, sleeve i think, and you would need a shop to bore your cylinder and do all that stuff. And i think you could put the piston and that stuff together by your self Well i hope you get this going and let me know how it comes out.