PDA

View Full Version : Things heating up

TheRedRebel17
08-29-2003, 10:34 AM
August 29, 2003

Suzuki debuts its own RM-Z450

Suzuki invited a bevy of motocross journalists out to Glen Helen this morning for their RM250F intro, then surprised everyone by letting them in on a little secret: the company will debut its own radical new RM-Z450 prototype four-stroke at the All-Japan MX Series in October and will continue development of the bike in the FIM's MotocrossGP class in 2004. Racer X publisher Scott Wallenberg was handed a disk with photos of the radical new bike, and we will get them up as soon as he and Simon Cudby are done riding and can get back to their computers. Suzuki confirmed that the bike, which is a Suzuki-only project, will go into production in August of next year. Look for pics of the RM-Z450 later today on Racerxill.com.

Now if they put that in a quad to compete with teh trx450r and the yfz450...insane:devil:

Pvt. Maggot
08-29-2003, 10:40 AM
wonder how ugly it will be :confused2

zephead400ex
08-29-2003, 10:42 AM
cool

TheRedRebel17
08-29-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
wonder how ugly it will be :confused2
:ermm:

I will go and talk to the kawasaki owner on monday at the races..maybe i can get some juicy info outta him....:devil:

batgeek
08-29-2003, 10:47 AM
shhhh, just rumor and such...but Kawi won't be using the Zuki stuff for their 440/450 :D

things are definitely heating up!

TheRedRebel17
08-29-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
rumor and such...but Kawi won't be using the Zuki stuff for their 440/450!
Even better..i can get the juicy details outta him before anyone else...:D

TheRedRebel17
08-29-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by TheRedRebel17
Even better..i can get the juicy details outta him before anyone else...:D

:eek: :eek2: :eek2:

BREA, Calif., Aug. 29, 2003 - Suzuki Motor Corporation has announced it will debut its all-new prototype RM-Z450 four-stroke machine in the All-Japan MX series in October and will continue development in the World Motocross GP class in 2004 with a firm commitment to reclaim the world title with the new machine.

Full details of the radical new RM-Z450 have yet to be revealed, but Suzuki promises that it will be a major step forward as Suzuki's flagship 4-stroke motocrosser in terms of design, technology and styling. It will be designed, developed and manufactured entirely 'in-house' by Suzuki.

The factory did reveal that the all-new, high-tech DOHC, four-valve, 449cc, liquid-cooled motor will be housed in a new-concept aluminum frame, utilizing various race and championship-winning technologies from the ultra-successful GSX-R development program, plus new technologies from the multiple-world championship winning RM motocross development program.

Early tests have already proven that the new RM-Z450 will set new standards in the vital areas of engine performance and handling, but the design and development teams have also paid special attention to the practical priorities for riders and owners.

Further details are promised over the coming months, but Suzuki confirmed that the new RM-Z450 will go into production in August of next year.

http://www.racerxill.com/pages/news/images/RM-Z450.jpg

Ralph
08-29-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by TheRedRebel17
August 29, 2003

Suzuki debuts its own RM-Z450

Suzuki invited a bevy of motocross journalists out to Glen Helen this morning for their RM250F intro, then surprised everyone by letting them in on a little secret: the company will debut its own radical new RM-Z450 prototype four-stroke at the All-Japan MX Series in October and will continue development of the bike in the FIM's MotocrossGP class in 2004. Racer X publisher Scott Wallenberg was handed a disk with photos of the radical new bike, and we will get them up as soon as he and Simon Cudby are done riding and can get back to their computers. Suzuki confirmed that the bike, which is a Suzuki-only project, will go into production in August of next year. Look for pics of the RM-Z450 later today on Racerxill.com.

Now if they put that in a quad to compete with teh trx450r and the yfz450...insane:devil:

i was told suzuki was supposed to put out a race ready atv so i dont doubt it...

08-29-2003, 11:23 AM
Yeah. Now all they need is a frame. :D

bansheeguy77
08-29-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
i was told suzuki was supposed to put out a race ready atv so i dont doubt it...

i dont think honda was either....suzuki and honda usually were about the same on their pussieness :scary: