PDA

View Full Version : Dyno tuned racers XC and MX?????

jlhughes750
08-29-2003, 06:56 AM
anyone dyno tune there race quads???? i race XC style racin and never gave it much thought till recently.. I'm using a dyno to jet in my new R. Man what a difference its making. If u ever get a chance do it, you'll get more pony's and alot more reliability... I've been working with Matt from East Coast ATV building my new ride. If u want to try it out give him a ring. Its worth it!!!!

Anyone else do this regularly????

jlhughes750
08-29-2003, 07:05 AM
yes, i know it should be in the engine section but i wanted input from racers.

I'm not just trying to plug a sponsor, i'm really curious to see how many other people have the access to a dyno or have worked with one during testing. Yesterday i watched a 47hp banshee gain nearly 8 hp in about an hour, just from jetting and ignition changes.. Ever wonder what your ride is pumping out????? Try it out its not that expensive!

later, J

XANDADA
08-29-2003, 08:02 AM
I would love to do that with my R. I don't know anywhere relatively close I could take it though. So what were your numbers and what kind of set-up you runnin?

ex kid
08-29-2003, 08:19 AM
j clear ur pm box

jlhughes750
08-29-2003, 08:44 AM
AHHH THE SECRETS!!!!!!!

A LIL MORE TWEAKEN AND I'LL LET U KNOW, MAYBE NEXT WEEK...

.030 OVER XC PAUL TURNER PORTED W/ A 34MM CARB I HAVE A 310BUT I WANTED TO GO WITH A MORE SMOOTH POWER HIT...

I DID THE POWERLINE PISTON MOD AND MY OWN PORT TIMING CONFIGURATION, I'LL GIVE MORE INFO NEXT WEEK...