PDA

View Full Version : Riders from California

brazilian rider
08-29-2003, 12:07 AM
Hey guys I just want to know how much people here is from California, actually San Diego.

I'm going to San Diego this year (Dec-Feb) and I want to some tips from you about quads like riding places, MX tracks, some places that people get together to meet and to have fun, stuff like that.

If there is some place that I could rent a quad to ride and some riding school too like Joe's Bird in Tenesse( too far for me)

Thanks a lot, I'll apreciate all the help.

own2424
08-29-2003, 01:25 AM
Im not sure about mx tracks, but there is this little place called Glamis just south of San Diego...I THINK!

XANDADA
08-29-2003, 02:03 AM
A big hell ya for Glamis! You can't go to San Diego without going to the sand mecca glamis, goin there this winter myself. I've never seen rental quads at Glamis but I know Pismo has rentals & I think there is a place in El Cajon that rents quads but it was very expensive. Ocotillo is close too.

stepupmx
08-29-2003, 04:11 AM
I live in california, and glamis is awesome :D

QuadJunkies
08-29-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by brazilian rider
Hey guys I just want to know how much people here is from California, actually San Diego.

I'm going to San Diego this year (Dec-Feb) and I want to some tips from you about quads like riding places, MX tracks, some places that people get together to meet and to have fun, stuff like that.

If there is some place that I could rent a quad to ride and some riding school too like Joe's Bird in Tenesse( too far for me)

Thanks a lot, I'll apreciate all the help. I have some friends that race in Cali. alot and My ole man is headed for a race there in Oct I believe Ill ask around for you and see what I come up with....... I wish I could go up for the race in Oct....:(

SAND LUVR
08-29-2003, 09:17 AM
GLAMIS is great and there is a rental place before Glamis. Its in the city of brawley right efore glamis.

stace609
08-30-2003, 05:50 PM
I'm from like 45 minutes north of san diego...

glamis is a definite must. ocotillo wells. if you like trails there are several places in san bernadino forest. no tracks that i know of allow quads. people are too into dirtbikes out here :-(

Dune Surfer
08-31-2003, 03:41 AM
I live in San Diego. You will want to go to Glamis for sure!! It is one of the best places in the world for quading. They rent quads in Brawley Ca. and also a few places in San Diego. Do a search on the web and reserve in advance. If you are out on the weekend I might be able to be your tour guide (Glamis is Huge).

brazilian rider
08-31-2003, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the help, do you guys know how the rent of the quads works and how much they charge?

Do you think in this time of the year(dec-jan) I could get the chance to see some quad racing in Cali?

Thanks!

QuadJunkies
08-31-2003, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the help, do you guys know how the rent of the quads works and how much they charge?

Do you think in this time of the year(dec-jan) I could get the chance to see some quad racing in Cali?

Thanks! Yes, Im sure you will.....;)

GlamisEXRider
08-31-2003, 03:28 PM
I live in brawley and Glamis is a MUST. We do have a place that rents quads but if you go out on a big weekend you need to reserve one because they go fast. Don't go by yourself glamis is huge. alot of hills to see.Go with someone if you can.

brazilian rider
09-01-2003, 01:33 AM
What kind of quad race will hapen in this time of the year quad junkies?

Would someone like to rent a quad for me? Many people in US owns more than 1 quad. We could arrange things. I'm going in December.

QuadJunkies
09-01-2003, 04:23 AM
What kind of quad race will hapen in this time of the year quad junkies?

Would someone like to rent a quad for me? Many people in US owns more than 1 quad. We could arrange things. I'm going in December. Ill try and find out for you tonight. (this guy is out of town alot)
couple of locals goes up to Cali and races through out the year so they will know. I know in Cali you wont have a problem finding racing going on year round though... MAybe shoot and Dana a email hes from Cali. but Ill find out some info in the mean time;)

QuadJunkies
09-01-2003, 04:59 AM

Thanks a lot, I'll apreciate all the help. Your PM box is full!!!!!!:p