PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Fast! - Nuetral Light

Live2Ride300
08-28-2003, 11:47 AM
The neutral light on my 300ex isnt coming on, and it wont let me start the engine, I havent took nething apart on it yet because its not at my house, its at my work, but have ne of u guys had this problem, ive never had this problem before and all of a sudden when I go to sell the thing it pops up. Help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanx guys!

ReconRider25
08-28-2003, 01:45 PM
the same thing happened to me on my recon. im not sure where it is on a 300ex, but on a recon theres a little green wire in the back on the left side. it probably got disconnected or broken. its a small wire, about 1/16 in diameter. it will be next to another wire, which is for reverse(its in the same wrapping stuff). just connect this wire back up or touch the end of it to a peice of metal and the light should come on, thus itll start. hope this helps.

K_Fulk
08-28-2003, 02:31 PM
When i had that problem the little piece the wire hooks to that goes in the motor was cracked. Got a new one and worked perfect.

DEAL
08-28-2003, 03:33 PM
Might be a blown fuse.

danney f
08-28-2003, 05:26 PM
On the 300ex the neutral and reverse wires are on the clutch cover at the bottom behind a little shield. I had a similar problem just last weekend. I hadn't started mine in over a month and when I went to start it, the reverse light kept coming on, but it was in neutral. I put it on charge, thinking that a dead battery was the problem. Nope still would not start and the reverse light was still on. Checked all the wires, Yep everything looked OK. Checked the battery, Yep it was good. So now I was thinking it may be the starter. So I took a screwdriver and jumped the solenoid. It hesitated at first but then turned over. Once it did the reverse light went off and the neutral light came on.:confused: Not for sure what caused this problem, but now I am waiting for either the solenoid or the starter to go bad. Let's hope that it was just a fluke;)

Live2Ride300
08-29-2003, 01:54 AM
How did you jump the selonoid?

danney f
08-29-2003, 01:57 AM
take a screw driver and hold it to where one end touches the batter cable side and the other end is touching the starter cable.

Bubba
09-14-2003, 06:37 PM
my 300ex does it all the time, i just pull in the clutch and it will start then the nuetral light will come on

ewalker302
09-15-2003, 03:36 AM
U either got a short or more likley a bad ground.

get out ur manual or trace the ground wire & make sure its not corroded at the ground point.

:bandit:

foxhonda_400ex
09-17-2003, 11:21 PM
there should be a wire that goes under the engine check there for cracks or loose connections. my friend has a 300ex and it did that to use a couple times. we turned it over to work on it and found that wire had a loose connections. hope this helps.

WEEZIL
09-22-2003, 04:04 PM
Mine is a 93 and all i have to do is fiddle fart around with it.. it will feel like it goes into neutral but if a dick with it a little either pulling it up or pushing it down (it being my shifter) the light comes on and i am free 2 go