PDA

View Full Version : quick carb ???

400grl
08-28-2003, 04:28 AM
Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for porting/polishing my stock carb - gonna get it off tonight and play with the power tools! I can't find an FCR I can afford, so I figured I might as well get it as smooth in there as possible.....

Anything I should know before I start?

Thanks!:)

UglyMotha™
08-28-2003, 04:51 AM
making it smooth is a bad thing because you will loose turbulence and fuel will condensate on the walls thats why your not supposed to polish the intake side of the head

400grl
08-28-2003, 04:54 AM
I've never heard that before......:confused:

Hey....what happened to the baby avatar??? That cracked me up!!!

lil400exman
08-28-2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by 400grl

dont do anything cause honda designed the stock carb to work well IMO but you could get a power jet installed.....although i dont know if they have them for 4 strokes.........:confused:

UglyMotha™
08-28-2003, 05:50 AM

i was just ready for change :p

polishing air/fuel passage will rob you of power because your making everything smooth and straight so the air will not turbulate and you don't get a good even mixture it's kinda like if you take a teaspoon of sugar and put it into a glass tea and drink it, it doesn't taste sweet but if you stir it with a spoon then it does

400grl
08-28-2003, 07:23 AM
ohhhhhhhh.....that makes sense. I didn't even think of it that way. Hmmmmmm.......what about porting it?

UglyMotha™
08-28-2003, 07:36 AM
ohhhhhhhh.....that makes sense. I didn't even think of it that way. Hmmmmmm.......what about porting it?

you can port it, i had my stock carb bored to a 38 by rocky ridge

400grl
08-28-2003, 08:48 AM
Yeah - I was talking at lunch about porting it out to as close to a 39mm as I can get!!! :) HEHEHEHEHHEH......did you notice much of a difference?

UglyMotha™
08-28-2003, 09:07 AM
I noticed a huge difference but then again i did everything at once so i don't know how much just the carb alone did :confused: