PDA

View Full Version : your first crash

loganB
08-28-2003, 03:13 AM
What happend on your first crash?

I had mine yesterday over a 60 foot double cleard the landing and my front wus to far up in the air and I was leaning forwerd and then I hight the gorund and smasht my head of the bars and fell of. :ermm:

sickmojave
08-28-2003, 03:16 AM
are you ok? you type like your still a little dizzy :eek: J/K

loganB
08-28-2003, 03:26 AM
Aperintly I have a concusion and I cant spell.

JustRace
08-28-2003, 03:45 AM
My worse crash was when i 12. I rolled my dads brand new polaris sportsman going a little over 40mph. My leg got caught in it when it rolled. It ripped the front left tire off and broke the frame. Heres the stupid thing, I didn't have a helmit on. I learned my lesson and NEVER ride without my helmit.

4TraxRider
08-28-2003, 05:42 AM
My first crash I was on a 3 1/2 hp mini bike and ran into a telephone pole.:ermm:

nismo
08-28-2003, 05:46 AM
i was going in reverse and hit a big dirt hill with one of my tires and rolled over (but i quickly recovered and rolled it back over before anyone could see):rolleyes: that same day i had my second doing a wheelie up a hill and went to far and it ended up on top of me

chucked
08-28-2003, 05:50 AM
my first crash was where i hit a double to fast without enough R's and the front end came down, went on top of my and broke my ankle and tore legiments!

flyin#5
08-28-2003, 06:05 AM
whipping donuts and hit a patch of dirt and it flipped me over.... the crash that started my bad luck:grr:

Swamp_Stomper
08-28-2003, 06:06 AM
my first wreck is the reason I am gettin a race quad :D

but the throttle hung and I didnt have much time to react so it hit a pine tree runnin about 45 the grizz is still rideable but it dont look too pretty :(
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pe68d4422fec154c0172bd869c9af78d8/fbf91c80.jpg

bluebaron
08-28-2003, 06:46 AM
i cant remember my first, but my last was goign up a hilll and my swing arm got hung up, and start rolling back, and i think i hit the brakes, and it flip back, and i dint have time to move out of the way, and it fell on top off me, :ermm:

Atreyu
08-28-2003, 07:14 AM
I was 13 on the trailblazer and I clipped a tree going down a narrow whoops section and flew down a cliff...:ermm:

Adam202
08-28-2003, 07:20 AM
i was riding up a small steep hill on my 200sx that ive ridden up before and i flipped it back, i had to quickly jumo out of the way, the quad flipped all the way over back on to its wheels, it was still running and the bars bent down so the throttle cable was being yanked and it tried to climb the hill by itself before i ran up and hit the kill switch, :p . thats my only crash ever in my 6+ years of riding, i dont think flipping back on a wheelie and falling off counts as a crash..... unless your moving pretty good.

SSracingNY
08-28-2003, 09:48 AM
my 1st crash was on 8-27-03. Me and my friends are building a track and i went to test the whoops on my friends 400EX and its nothing like on a bike. Well i didnt lean back far enough and i hit them in 3rd wide open. The front tires popped over and the backs caught then shot me up into a superman and i kurled over the left front fender and hit the ground from about 5ft in the air. And it hasent rained in a month so the ground was pretty darn hard. I landed on my back. My back is all scarred up, left elbow, I pulled my lower back muscles and my upper leg muscles(not my groin. phew). But anyways when i hit, i started rolling because all i saw was the tire comming at my head and it kinda scuffed my face a little. But after all that layed there for about 5min then got up, walked around for a few, got in my truck and came home to the bed and went to sleep:p . Moral of this story is dont take whoops on an ATV like a bike. Totally different approach.lol. Always wear your gear too and if you dont have anything more than a helmet and goggles, you better fork out some cash and get that stuff. Its not made for the hell of it. Theres a purpose behind it.

Punk'd
08-28-2003, 09:51 AM
one word.............................................. .....TREE:rolleyes:

wilkin250r
08-28-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by loganB
Aperintly I have a concusion and I cant spell.

Wow, I wonder how many other people on this site have a concussion. There is a lot of bad spelling going around... :( :D

hessianmx111
08-28-2003, 10:45 AM
first real wreck was hitting a ditch the first day i got my kx and went over the bars:p worst part was my leg hit the kill button on the way over and left i really nice bruise on my leg.

SSracingNY
08-28-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Wow, I wonder how many other people on this site have a concussion. There is a lot of bad spelling going around... :( :D

lol. I dont tink tat tis speeling probems is form cunkusions. I blam it on mi scool. AHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:rolleyes:

GrInDeR400ex
08-28-2003, 11:53 AM
my first one was on my 300ex back in the day when i hit a double and didn't clear it and hit the back side of the landing bent the bars real bad, broke a tie rod and messed up my wrist real bad

remlapr
08-28-2003, 12:05 PM
10 years old on my ATC70 - jumped a wooden ramp in the street wfo(aka - 34 mph), landed and took a nice big balloon tire bounce sideways and slammed into the back of a parked full size fan. busted up my head, eye and mouth(no helmet) and cut up my arm.

theTman
08-28-2003, 12:10 PM
mine was kinda 2day.. i was going around a corner sitting on my foot..(just did a wheelie oin da grab bar...and hadnt got my foot bac on the peg) went around a corner.. feet slipped off and my foot got stuck under the axle.. owwwwwwww:devil:

08-28-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Swamp_Stomper

but the throttle hung and I didnt have much time to react so it hit a pine tree runnin about 45 the grizz is still rideable but it dont look too pretty :(
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pe68d4422fec154c0172bd869c9af78d8/fbf91c80.jpg did the ETC fail or something? if u have ETC, the throttle shouldnt have stuck unless it failed. my bigbear 400 has a feature that stalls it if u run it full throttle for too long incase the ETC fails. but the grizzly should have ETC

08-28-2003, 01:14 PM
mine was ridin a sand dune at pismo beach on my old raptor.i went too high before i tried to slide so the back slid over the top of the dune and caught traction and i flipped. i would have sat and watched the quad roll down the dune but my camo pants got caught on a part of the quad so i went down the dune with it.

08-28-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
first real wreck was hitting a ditch the first day i got my kx and went over the bars:p worst part was my leg hit the kill button on the way over and left i really nice bruise on my leg. i did that on the bigbear and broke the key switch. i have to hot wire it until i get the money for a new switch

hawiianpwr
08-28-2003, 01:27 PM
my first crash came when I went riding out on my girlfriends grandmas land. 700 acres of sand hills where her cattle roams, dried up long grass, cow poo and sticker bushes. well anyway we just got there we went riding, (my girlfriend was riding on back). We came over the first large hill and went to start to go over it got about halfway down this steep hill and sure enough theres was about a 12ft drop off so I got'er turned to start folling the side of the hill and not to long after that the hill was too steep and we started flipping sideway. Its funny how its like slowmotion isn't it! We ended flipping about three times and landing on top of us! I came out with just a couple of stratches and her back hurt her for awhile though! Good Times!:D

Swamp_Stomper
08-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by RAPTOR660
did the ETC fail or something? if u have ETC, the throttle shouldnt have stuck unless it failed. my bigbear 400 has a feature that stalls it if u run it full throttle for too long incase the ETC fails. but the grizzly should have ETC

Im not sure what ETC is but I do know that the throttle hung up and it went from about 10-15mph to around 35-40 in a few seconds :(

batgeek
08-28-2003, 01:42 PM
10yo on a kx80. blasting down a dirt road and didnt see the run-off ditch dug into it.

needless to say, OTB. luckily i was young and flexible. lotsa road rash and a sprained wrist.

Taco
08-28-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
10yo on a kx80. blasting down a dirt road and didnt see the run-off ditch dug into it.

needless to say, OTB. luckily i was young and flexible. lotsa road rash and a sprained wrist. did you get a BG award???:D

batgeek
08-28-2003, 01:53 PM
shhh Taco...no one on EXRiders is supposed to know about that :D

cept for the couple of AtvNC'ers that come here.

RIjon
08-28-2003, 02:37 PM
Rearended another quad abo0t 30mph on the brakes

kamikaze_rzrbak
08-28-2003, 02:38 PM
my first real crash was about 6 months back, i had only had my 400ex for like 2 months, the place we went was mostly hills, big hills, and i went up this huge hill, i was like ten feet away from the top and my bike started to bog down and i started rolling back, before i could do anything the bike flipped backwards and i broke my wrist and had to walk all the way back to camp to get help

Rip_Tear
08-28-2003, 02:53 PM
I was riding up a hill and there was a dip in the hill with a large rock in it, and I hit it going pretty fast on the 300 and I flew off the front, jumped back up, reversed and kept riding!

KASCHAK
08-28-2003, 05:38 PM
lol going up a path on my trx125 way back whenver that was.. and someone was in front of me and i count see. and rode up a hill and flipped it over. borke my arm and had to get a bunch of stitches because of rocks and sticks. i didnt have goggles on. i havent wrecked since. and i ride like an idiot

350Xrider
08-28-2003, 05:58 PM
I was on my cousins beartracker riding on top of a hill and was gonna turn left to go down the hill and there was a big hole i didnt see it, and the front left tire fell in the hole and the quad flipped on its side, It was funny i did bend my wrist pretty bad it hurt but it was nothin serious lol.

lil400exman
08-29-2003, 06:07 AM
my first one was ona old 72 yamaha and as i going around a turn (in the rain) clutch cable broke and i copmpletely lost it and i hit a fencepost head on. i ditched the bike but i was still going about 30 mph the speedo said......... let me tell i never knew a bruise could paint a picture of what you hit soo well.......

lil400exman
08-29-2003, 06:07 AM
my first one was ona old 72 yamaha and as i going around a turn (in the rain) clutch cable broke and i copmpletely lost it and i hit a fencepost head on. i ditched the bike but i was still going about 30 mph the speedo said......... let me tell i never knew a bruise could paint a picture of what you hit soo well.......

08-29-2003, 10:04 AM
Im not sure what ETC is but I do know that the throttle hung up and it went from about 10-15mph to around 35-40 in a few seconds :( ETC is Electronic Throttle Control and its supposed to prevent the throttle from sticking

JTRtrx250r
08-30-2003, 12:17 AM
I cant remember my first crash,but between my bikes ,trikes,and quads....I dont think theres any way I haven't bailed lol,....pretty much covered the "crashing manual":D :uhoh:

FourFiftyFour
08-30-2003, 05:55 AM

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pe68d4422fec154c0172bd869c9af78d8/fbf91c80.jpg

Jon....I know you have wrecked and rolled and etc a LOT mor times before that ;) so when are we building the track???

HCR250X
08-30-2003, 01:17 PM
I have yet to crash on my quad but my dirtbike is a totally different story. I have a brook in my back woods and on the other side is a steep hill only about 5 feet tall. I went through the brook hit the hill and didn't even come close to making it. Now this was in the first week of getting my bike so I wasn't too experienced. I flipped it over about half way up fell backwards in the brook on all the rocks and what not and then the bike came down towards me but I moved quick enuff that it missed me. The sad part is that I have tried this two other times and have yet to make it. I always have to go up the brook more where the bank isn't as steep. I was gonna try to do this hill on my quad but i don't even want to risk. Maybe when I get a better quad with some more power I will give it a try.

dannyboy20
08-30-2003, 03:48 PM
anyone ever ran over there foot? God that hurts.:mad:

speedy400
08-30-2003, 03:51 PM
13 yrs old, trailblazer, 1st real trip with the guys, 2nd day of the trip. we go into a smal gravel pit, I'm going about 35ish, lookin way ahead.I look down and see this huge rivean. (pretty much "V") so I dont have time to break, so I go WOT and just HOPE I do a wheelie to the other side....hahaha, trailblazer...wheelie...lmao. Any ways the machine just goes straightin and just PLOWS into the other side of the "V" (rivean). so the quad does a 1/2 backflip and flys about 20 feet and lands rubberside up. I fly about 35 feet and my head lands about 3 inches from a big rock sticking out of the ground. thats my life-darren

Adam202
08-30-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by dannyboy20
anyone ever ran over there foot? God that hurts.:mad:
yea i got lucky and it didnt hurt me to bad, ive seen peoples legs get jammed under the axle from that and someone has to help them get it out. riding 2 up it can happen to the passenger, basically ripped my freind off my 200sx :eek2:

dannyboy20
08-30-2003, 04:19 PM
ya i ran my foot over and thought it was borken . couldnt walk good for 3 days. Thats why i now own nerfs.:macho

theTman
08-31-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Adam202
yea i got lucky and it didnt hurt me to bad, ive seen peoples legs get jammed under the axle from that and someone has to help them get it out. riding 2 up it can happen to the passenger, basically ripped my freind off my 200sx :eek2:

yup..been there done that...ran ova my foot 2 times..thought it was broken so i went to the hospital..the the otha day my foot got stuck under the axle..not fun..sum1 had to lift the quad up and push my foot out:confused2

Adam202
08-31-2003, 04:55 AM
definatly not cool, especially if you were by yourself. gotta be as careful as possible.

yamaha250f
08-31-2003, 01:11 PM
I dont know what my first wreck was but i went for a ride on my fathers new sportsman in the middle of a snow storm and i was goin threw a drain tunnel and the sides were icy and i dont know how but i ended up sideways goin up the tunnel wall and i flipped it over.

08-31-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by dannyboy20
anyone ever ran over there foot? God that hurts.:mad: i got my shoe string caught under the wheel and it pulled me under, that hurts just as bad. the back tire rolled up on my lungs so i couldnt breathe and just barely got it off me in time to get a breath. but yea, i have done that but not with a quad. my dad was pulling a trailer and he ran my foot over, didnt hurt. how fast are yall talkin about when yall ran ur foot over

Adam202
08-31-2003, 01:31 PM
OMG YOU ALMOST DIED!!! :huh , i wish i had drain tunnels to ride through......

TheRedRebel17
08-31-2003, 01:42 PM
i Can honestly say i never wrecked bad..i tipped over doing a donut in the mud and jumped away and landed on my feet is the worst one:confused2

R-Crazy
08-31-2003, 01:58 PM
first wreck, there was a T in the trail, and i just started riding, and i looked both ways before turning onto this bigger trail, and i start out and this banshee come flyingtowards me, and i pin it, and hit this lil 2 foot high jump i wasnt ready for yet, and the bike flipped back and i broke my wrist in 4 places, broke my hand and pinky, and hurt my ego.

from then, i have run into trees, cased a 50 ft double (ouch), rolled goin 2 fast into turns, rear end gets squirly and ran into a snow bank, and the best one yet...

at a resturant in the middle of the desert, and a cop pulls in, so instead of riding across the street to leave, i have to push it so i dont get a ticket. i start off and get about 1/4 the eay there, and im on the left side, and the my big 22" razrs cathc my boot, i trip, (the bike is idling in neutral) and i trip foward, (twist throttle) give a lil gas on accident, and knock it in first. the bike jumps foward and as i get sucked under more, i panic a lil and hold onto the handle bars, and it gets mopre gas,, and finally i let go, but now the quad is ontop of me, and i cant get up, and im on the middle of the road. some guy stopps in the middle of the road and gets the bike off me, and the cops calls over an abulance and the fire dept and rushes over 2 me. i seem ok, i can move, nuttin broken, but i have big red lines goin up my stomach from pepples etc, along with "chop-meat" on my hip and a huge cut goin up my stomch up 2 my chest. I HAVE A CHEST PROTECTOR ON, HELEMT, GLOVES, JEANS, BOOTS, GOGGLES, AND A T-SHIRT. the t shirt is ripped up to the coller. i go to the ER and they pick the gravole outta my belly and go home and im fine and all, but just in the middle of the road, and w/ all my gear. it is scary to think about what would have happened if i wasnt wearing any gear, or less.

becuase of what happened above, i will not own a quad without nerfs, and i have gotten a jersey and pants, and some sweet ***** lookin scars!!!!! hahaha:blah:

damn, that was a lotta typing, those are my crashes, and i have been riding for 2 years, and have learned a lot, and the casing on the 50 ft double was the most recent.

dave

JTRtrx250r
08-31-2003, 05:49 PM
running over you foot is the initiation to atv riding,1st time riding a 3 wheeler I told myself "dont put your foot down"....well I got about 10feet before I did it:rolleyes: haha

my worst wreck was in 90 or 91,I was riding my yz125 w/ a buddy that just inhereted his uncles Hodaka Ace 100(ahahahahahahahaha)we were cruising down the power-lines and he was all over the rode and just about took me out a few times...so I pinned it in 2nd and rode a wheelie thru all the gears...by the time I hit 6th,the powerband kicked in and I went over backwards at about 60 and rag-dolled BIGTIME wearing just riding boots,levi's and a T-shirt:huh I proceeded to break my wrist and my ankle and de-skinned my entire upper body,my back,arms took the worst of it...there was a few dudes that saw the whole thing and pretty much made me go to the hospital,the nurses were fighting w/ me b/c I wouldnt let them scrub the wounds,after about 20 mins the pain-killers were starting to kick in so I decided to let the clean me up.The ******es poured alcohol on my open wounds and proceeded to scrub the wounds w/ a metal needle brush..THAT HURT WORSE then the bail and broken bones itself....I had to literally start swinging to get them to back off.....as soon as I could walk,I spent $700 on gear,I NEVER want to have my wounds scrubbed w/ alcohol and a needle brush again... so help me god!!!haha

Adam202
08-31-2003, 06:19 PM
thats why ill stick to riding 5th gear wheelies on my 400ex ;)

chucked
09-01-2003, 03:20 AM
as soon as I could walk,I spent $700 on gear

i hear that!

lol
09-01-2003, 05:45 AM
Picture this........7 year old riding a fourtrax70 quad. he is riding in his woods. he's not that expirienced and he hits a log, rips left fender in half... crys bout it after.. then shows off to his friends " I WAS GOING 10 FREEKIN MILES AN HOUR AND HIT A 60 FT. JUMP AND LANdED ON THE FRONET WHEELS and crashed!!! I'MMA BAD*****!"

THATS ME!!!

linkcmd88
09-01-2003, 11:00 AM
i was on a mini bike and the throtle got stuck and ran i to a pig fence and fliped it backwaeds on me and gas poored all over me but i did not catch of fire lol:confused2