PDA

View Full Version : May be leaving for a year.

tryken
08-28-2003, 02:53 AM
I may be getting deployed to Iraq for up to or over one year. What do I need to do to 400ex if it is going to be sitting for that long. I could probably take it to a buddy's and they could start it for me every now and then.

XANDADA
08-28-2003, 03:16 AM
stay out of trouble over there and get back here safely.

I would think the quad would be fine stitting that long if you empty all the gas from tank & carb. One of those rubber exhaust plugs might help too against corrosion. Or you can bring it over here and I'll start it up for you every once in awhile :devil:

lil400exman
08-28-2003, 04:01 AM
ok a few things to do: (I learned tese things all work great!)
first thing really detail the quad! jack the quad up put it up on blocks so all the wheels are oof the ground.cover all polished/chromed parts with armorall or wd-40 so they will not corrode lower psi to all tires around 1 psi then spray wd-40 or armorall genoursly over the whole tire as for it not to dry rot. empty out the gas tank and put a 1/2 can of very very light oil in the gas tank and work it around as a good covering over it plug up your airbox with something stiff like a few sets of goggles cause mice WILL get in there:confused2 then invest in a good form fitting tarp and get a exahust plug so nuttin goes up in there then lastly pickle the cylinder (thats where you put 90wt oil into the cylinder to keep from the rings drying up and sticking to the cyl wall then put the sparkplug back in and your atv will hibernate safely for years!