PDA

View Full Version : need info on throttle position in right hand turns

guedo
08-27-2003, 08:13 PM
He guys, i am newbie here and i could use some advice.

I have a 400ex with renthal trx bend bars and a stock stem. My problem is I cannot go into a right hand turn at the same speed and comfort as I can a left hand turn. For whatever reason I cannot keep my thumb on the throttle and lean into the turn comfortably at a high speed. I have tried rotating the thumb throttle up and down and changing my body position on the bike but nothing clicks. I was wondering if a different bend bar or a taller stem could remedy this problem.

kargaaro
08-28-2003, 12:30 AM
Reach over the bar with your fingers and crank it!!:D

lil400exman
08-28-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by guedo
He guys, i am newbie here and i could use some advice.

I have a 400ex with renthal trx bend bars and a stock stem. My problem is I cannot go into a right hand turn at the same speed and comfort as I can a left hand turn. For whatever reason I cannot keep my thumb on the throttle and lean into the turn comfortably at a high speed. I have tried rotating the thumb throttle up and down and changing my body position on the bike but nothing clicks. I was wondering if a different bend bar or a taller stem could remedy this problem.
well all i can say just keep practicing and eventually you eill get better and turning its hard technique but actually its quite easy from me now. actually i dont keep on the gas in the corners........ i powerslide then hammer the gas outa the corner.........:macho

08-28-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by kargaaro
Reach over the bar with your fingers and crank it!!:D

I do not know if you are serious or not but that is exactly what i do. when in a right turn i slide my wrist forward and use my fingers and as i leave the turn i slide my wrist back out and put my thumb back on. Its very easy because my fingers and thumb can fit on at the same time so im never off the throttle. If you have smaller hands it may be a problem though. Its also hard on your wrists so be careful. :D

guedo
08-28-2003, 11:47 AM
yeah, I am currently doing the reach around thing, but I do have smaller hands and cannot keep her pinned when I do this. There musty be another option. Oh, and I ran with a twist for a while which cured this problem but created a couple others so I went back to the thumb which I prefer anyway.
Anyway, thanks for the input.

Taco
08-28-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by guedo
yeah, I am currently doing the reach around thing, but I do have smaller hands :eek2: :huh :confused2

guedo
08-28-2003, 12:00 PM
ooops. I was not thinking. Lesson learned the hard way.

ex kid
08-29-2003, 07:04 AM
hang on more