PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this weird.

DEAL
08-27-2003, 04:35 PM
Ok , I just realized this tonight.
A few years ago when I bought my 300ex. it came with tires that were pretty much shot, they held air but were totally bald.
I drove it for a good 6 months till I had enough money to buy, new tires for it. I put these new tires on (yes 4 ply front and rear)
And what happends , I get flats.
Then 2 years later I get my 400ex , with all o.e.m tires.
I run it for 3 months till the tires are totally shot. They held air but were completely bald.
So i puy razrs for it. (4 ply) and what happends .... I get flats....
I replace my stock fronts with kenda klaws, and what happends , My kendas get flats.
I don't understand it. The 2-plys work better for me than the 4ply!

Bill Fuller
08-27-2003, 05:15 PM
If you didn't put a hole in those Outsu 501's than you are not doing something right:confused2

chrisp333
08-27-2003, 05:20 PM
first week i had my 400 got a flat in the front left. not even 2 weeks later got a flat in the left rear. the stockers are TRASH:grr:

08-27-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by chrisp333
first week i had my 400 got a flat in the front left. not even 2 weeks later got a flat in the left rear. the stockers are TRASH:grr:

The rears were like swiss cheese when I got it and I continued the trend. The fronts lasted around a year longer, but I think I pay more attention to those when going thru stuff.

Then there was the kenda klaw front that didnt last a full day (first ride on them) at hatfield Mc coy.

Where are you getting the holes? I have not got one in the tread except for the oem ohtsu's.

hondarider2006
08-27-2003, 07:45 PM
stockers are crap. I have 8 plugs in the side wall(one hole) and 1 plug up on top on my front left tire.....

sleestack68
08-28-2003, 10:57 AM
You think you have problems, I have a friend that for some reason would ruin the electrical system of any motorized vehicle he got it. I didn't believe him so I told him to jump in my car. He sat in the passengers seat and sure enough my fuel pump died in a few minutes, turn out he was sitting over it.

He has never own a car or scooter that ran for more than 2 weeks.

Out_Sider
08-28-2003, 12:00 PM
i still have my bald stock front tires on my 1995 300ex, but i think there are like 5 plugs, plus that tire slime stuff......they suck monkey nutz

Rip_Tear
08-28-2003, 02:34 PM
that is werid, you know what else is werid, when ever I clean up where I am riding, I get flats! So the trail is cleaned up and I get flats!

Narly R
08-28-2003, 03:25 PM
My stock warrior dont hold air my itp's dont either....:mad: :ermm:

F-16Guy
08-28-2003, 05:03 PM
When I got my 400, I quickly learned to carry about 20 tire plugs and a can of fix-a-flat with me everywhere. Not much better luck with my Holeshots, though.:ermm:

KASCHAK
08-28-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
stockers are crap. I have 8 plugs in the side wall(one hole) and 1 plug up on top on my front left tire.....

lol 8 thats it. my stockers had sumwhere areound 5 packs of plugs. in them. and i fold them in half to get more out of them. lol then it rippe dand i couldput birckins the tie hole it was soo big. side was to sidewall. the front ones lasted another week. i had the stock tires for about a month.

zzbudzz
08-28-2003, 07:30 PM
strange i never got a flat with my stock tires in a year now i have holeshots all around now and two of them go flat all the time?:ermm: