PDA

View Full Version : T-9 Baja

luvmyex
08-27-2003, 02:30 PM
I have heard all kinds of things about itp wheels.From not being round to breaking,and being weak.Has anyone tried these wheels yet?I like to get a set of rear race rings and they are priced great.Just wonder if i should get itp or not?

sleestack68
08-27-2003, 05:15 PM
I heard it's just crimped on but I could be wrong. I could take it anymore and got a set of douglas beadlocks yesterday.

batgeek
08-27-2003, 05:27 PM
not crimped...rolled. :)

luvmyex
08-28-2003, 04:15 AM
the ring is crimped on? I dont really want beadlocks,id rather have racerings.

08-28-2003, 04:27 AM
on the baja the ring is rolled around the edge not welded on so it rattles around. :ermm: I would stick to regular OMF/Douglas race wheels.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=546192

sleestack68
08-28-2003, 10:52 AM
That is rediculous. I haven't tried my beadlocks yet but they look like you could run them on a mac truck.

remlapr
08-28-2003, 11:17 AM
I have them on the rear right now (you can see them in my avatar LOL). I think they are O.K. - but if I had it to go again I would have just got hipers. But back when I ordered these I was still reading that the hipers were back ordered and they were having quality problems - so I went with these, plus they are obviously much cheaper. They definately look cleaner then the OMF's because they don't have the welds all the way around them - but they get beat up just like any other rim - they just won't actually dent or bend as easy. As far as the rings moving or rattling - they haven't on mine.

Texan32
08-28-2003, 12:25 PM
I just got a set on the front. Here is the way i see it.
1. they are much cheaper than any re-enforced wheels out
2. they are cheaper than a set of douglas rolled beads (and stronger too)
3. the hub is cut to match factory look
4. If they EVER seem to rattle loose (which is UNLIKELY), i can always make friends with someone that can weld aluminum, and hae the welded up
5. Its not like ITP is a brand new company

Why spend the extra money whn you don't have to. Thats what i say. Just like Kenda's. No one really gave a flying flip about kenda. That was untill they came out with the MX klaw. Dirt wheels review and word of mouth.....now you can't find a set of Klaws cuz their backordered. Just cuz they are less expensive than "what the pro's are running"......bump all that!

Pappy
08-28-2003, 12:28 PM
whats itp ringed rims cost? i think burgard makes them using douglas 190 rims and welds the rings in....not rolled and rattle. i bought a set and promptly sold them

Texan32
08-28-2003, 12:50 PM
if you buy a tire/wheel combo from RockyMountain...
uprgrading to a douglas rolled bead is combo + $100
upgrading to a ITP Baja is combo + $104

ITP's are re-enforced. The Douglas' aren't. For my budget, i went with the Bajas because it gave me a re-enforced wheel, which IS by its design stronger. Like i said...if the rings DO ever loosen up, i will THEN have them welded....in the long run it may wind up costing the same as a set of OMF's, but i was able to get them now (and not break my bank)...and can worry about the welding if/when the time comes.