PDA

View Full Version : Hmf Wow!!!!!

redrider ex
01-27-2002, 07:13 PM
put on a new HMF pipe today and jet kit and wow at the power increse i hill climb all the time at the local riding area and all the hills there i would go up them in 2nd gear in 3rd forget it i would bog down but now today i was shooting up them in 3rd and 4th
man it is a night and day difference and the quality of the pipe is just as good as the other brands. I also raced my buddy today we have raced before and were always the same speed but not today he ate dust today from take off to top end and at the top i was at least 5 bike lengths ahead and yes he can ride to .
Any way i know there have been some flaming about this pipe that it was cheap or not made very good well that was wrong
i give it two thumbs up.:D

Red Rooster
01-28-2002, 11:29 AM
Any after market exhuast will give you, much better performance.

Red Rooster
01-28-2002, 11:40 AM
Technical difficulty sorry! 8-(

Red Rooster
01-28-2002, 12:18 PM
More tech

Nausty
01-28-2002, 03:05 PM
Yeah we are definately gonna get a hmf slipon some time. We are getting rid of my old gear for a $100 and then I get $200 because we took my new helmet back cuz it didn't fit. Plus we got my helmet snaps working. Then I already got about 50-70 so i'm gonna buy a wider axle then save up for some pep or elka shocks or a hmf slipon dunno about the order. But I plan on my quad being a full race quad with out maybe the wider a-arms and the hole engine hop up with 416, slip-on, cam, air filter, jet kit, high compression piston. Probably be a while though. We just got our pro design tether kill swith and new grips for the cr. But actually it might not be that long if we can see the yz80, blaster, 66 ford mustang, ford f150xlt.

01-28-2002, 06:55 PM
I am glad to hear of another pleased HMF consumer. It really is a great pipe. What stage jetting did you run? 1 or 2?

redrider ex
01-28-2002, 07:29 PM
first i put in the 170 main and only rode it around the yard then went riding satarday in the mountains and fouled the plug first thing so i changed it to the 165 and it would not run right then every one was wanting me to hurry up so i put my stock pipe back on then on sunday i put the hmf back on and when down one more to a 160 and wow night and day difference i went to my riding area with my buddy and we hill climb and before i could only climb them in 2nd gear 3rd would bog down and you would'nt make it but with the pipe i was flying up those hills in 3rd and 4th gear my buddy could'nt beleive it now he ordered one to then we went up to the dirt road and he wanted to race well before we were allways tying our bikes are both stock but with the pipe not any more . We took off and i shot out ahead quick and keeped leving him behind when i let off i was at least 5 bike lenghts ahead i can't wait till the weekend again.

01-28-2002, 10:40 PM
how loud is your hmf???????

redrider ex
01-29-2002, 06:30 AM
I've heard alot louder pipes , its just right i think.