PDA

View Full Version : 450 or my 350r?

Narly R
08-27-2003, 09:18 AM
Im thinkin about sellin my bike well i dunno if Im thinkin about it but I MIGHT consider it besause Im just sick of my engine!:mad: ok my bike has Fullbore Plastic, Ceet seatcover, IMS 3.6 tank, ips tires,douglas wheels,renthal bars,39mmkeihin carb, LRD bb pipe,lonestar +4 axel, lonestar arms in the mail, elka quad rates in the mail pro pegs, kill switch, niks 330 with 350 crank, and pumpers and gram bars and little stuff.

so would you trade, or sell this bike for a 450 yami or honda. I can cancel the arms and shocks if i make my mind up soon.

Im just havin a lot of trouble gettin my bike running right and TIRED om all the mix and race gas prices!:mad: Is what I REALLY REALLY want is a 450 frame and get a 450 engine and then i will be able to keep my r kinda........ I just dont know what to do.:(

Adam202
08-27-2003, 09:23 AM
its more of a personal preference, but i would probably keep the R. altho i will be getting a new yami or new honda in a year i would just keep the R since you already got it and its pretty sweet.

lil400exman
08-27-2003, 09:23 AM
do whatever you want but remember 2-strokes will become more rare and u will have a even kooler ride then.........but dunes and stuff u cant beat a 2 banger but all u do if ya ride trails a 4-banger might be easier but still whatever ya want........;)

Adam202
08-27-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by lil400exman
do whatever you want but remember 2-strokes will become more rare and u will have a even kooler ride then.........but dunes and stuff u cant beat a 2 banger but all u do if ya ride trails a 4-banger might be easier but still whatever ya want........;) to tell you the truth i had alot more fun on my 400ex then banshee in the dunes, i had to shift so dam much on the bansh, it felt slower then the 400ex other then when i was in 6th gear. im startin to like the 4 strokes more then 2 strokes, i used to be all for 2 strokes

Narly R
08-27-2003, 09:37 AM
Ya in the long run ill prolly keep it and try to get an 450 frame and engine down the road. Im just havin LOTS of trouble gettin it runnin right!:mad: But I love 4 stroke! I think I like them more than 2...

A 2 or 4 stroke dont make me slower on the dunes! Im faster witha 4 all the way around I think and everyone is moving to them! There better I think anyways...:ermm:

I just dont want to get an new bike or sumthin cause really they are stock and the suspention wouldnt be nearly as good as Long Travel.what would yall do?

hondafox440
08-27-2003, 10:30 AM
Why can't you get it running right? 2 stroke motors are much more simple in design than a 4 stroke, so keep that in mind if you plan to mod the 450. Get a service manual, or someone to help you. Mixing gas and oil takes an extra what, 15 seconds? And as long as your compression isn't that high, you should be able to get away with 93 pump gas on your R. Personally, I would keep the R.

Narly R
08-27-2003, 10:35 AM
I know what u mean! i jst like the 4 stroke better i mean I have to run straight race gas (its high compression) and its not the time to mix it, its the cost! about $28.00 every 5 galons of gas I run!:mad: I dunno whats the matter wif the beast its prolly my carb, or my stator. But the r is a legend and I wanna keep it alive!:devil: WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Rocketman250r
08-27-2003, 10:42 AM
Well if you don't like the price of race gas, and are having so much trouble getting it tuned, maybe you should think about replacing the head for one that will lower your compresion so you can run pump gas. R heads are fairly cheap.

Narly R
08-27-2003, 10:55 AM
Well now i remember the guy who built it put a head in it for 1/2 race and 1/2 92 so I dunno.... it dont matter cause I never drive the thing anymore anyways...:(

lil400exman
08-27-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Narly R
Well now i remember the guy who built it put a head in it for 1/2 race and 1/2 92 so I dunno.... it dont matter cause I never drive the thing anymore anyways...:(
so why uh do you want another quad if u dont ride much?

Adam202
08-27-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by lil400exman
so why uh do you want another quad if u dont ride much? Ya really? i dont see how you couldnt ride it, i ride my 400ex at least once a week. if it was here at my moms it would prolly be different.

Narly R
08-27-2003, 11:41 AM
No i was being sarcastic! I acually ride all the time but latley my bike hasnt been running right so I havent been able to ride it! I ride a lot!;) The only reason ide get a new bike is because of what im going threw withnthis one, but Ill keep it! I just ahvent rode in the last couple weeks and I am serious about ridding thats whay i want a good bike!;)

lil400exman
08-27-2003, 12:02 PM
well you know the old saying if you treat a bike well it will do the same i know r's are old but me and my buddies have a few and we do alot of preventative maintainence and the r's have only let us down a handful of times and we ride em pretty hard......so if you really take care of you bike i dont think u will have much problems i know i didnt when my r was still together now its apart for a rebuild.......:scary: :macho

Narly R
08-27-2003, 12:24 PM
Ill try to keep maintance on it as much as I can and i usually do! I just need to mess with the carb i think!:) Thanks!

lil400exman
08-27-2003, 12:32 PM
ir ur carb stock or after market do u run a dial a jet or a power jet? everything i mentioned here will make ur quad stay in tune easier/better

Narly R
08-27-2003, 02:20 PM
YIPPY!!!!!!! i changed my pilot jet main jet and needle and now she runs like a BUTE!!!! I went from a 60Pilot to a 52 needle at the top to 2nd from the bottom and from a 1823 main to a 178, (but I think that i need a bigger main) but she dont cut out anymore!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I run a keihin 39 pwk not a dail a jet so power! But I called LRD and they gave me a helping hand!

R-Crazy
08-27-2003, 06:25 PM
im still working out what i think is the l;ast of my problems on my R, but afterward she will be wonderful. i would keep it, nuthin like the wring ding and powerband of a 2 stroke.

dave

hondafox440
08-28-2003, 03:13 PM
Just throw 2 or 3 more head and base gaskets in and run pump gas :D

Bean
08-28-2003, 05:27 PM
if its not running right, something is wrong with it, that ussally indicates fixing it

Narly R
08-28-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Bean
if its not running right, something is wrong with it, that ussally indicates fixing it

naw!:uhoh: I thought its supose to run like chit!!!:rolleyes: