PDA

View Full Version : Roll off's for goggles

YLW400
08-27-2003, 07:43 AM
Who all is running roll off's on their goggles here? I lost my Pro-Grip goggles this weekend because I took them off due to muddy conditions. I usually run tear offs on muddy days, but there was no mud to be seen, until I got on the track, and it was too late...The way I look at it is, if I have the roll off's, they will be there all the time anyway/....What are some pro's and cons of them? By the way, I run strictly MX.....Thanks YLW

08-27-2003, 07:48 AM
Roll offs are the chit in all conditions except when it's real wet. If water gets between the film and your lense your screwed.. Under normal muddy conditions nothing is better..tear offs are a joke if ya ask me.. They also litter up riding areas..

Rolls offs.........http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/foshizzle.gif

YLW400
08-27-2003, 07:50 AM
That little dude kills me...lmao

Can you take them on and off of your goggles Rico? Like if it were raining it's balls of, could I take them off? And do they only fit certain goggles? I have seen kits that include goggles with them also.....They are expensive..any good place to get them?? THanks a ton.

Doibugu2
08-27-2003, 07:56 AM
I just bought the same one's Ricos got.

You could take the film out if you wanted. But it would take you a minute or two.

I got my from Jeff at the quadshop.

They are Smith, I believe.

08-27-2003, 07:59 AM
yeah smith warps are what i have i believe. There not cheap and if you were riding and wanted to remove them your possibley gonna waste a roll of film. Once ya put the film in you basically have to use it all before removing it. At hatfield during a rainy muddy day i went thru a full roll in about 5 hours. I've also ran 3 xc races on one roll also. They are the shiznit i think.. I'll never run a regular pair again...

k2-dawg
08-27-2003, 09:12 AM
Roll off's are da chit!!! I bought a pair after I saw Taco clean my roost off his goggs all day long a couple of weeks ago @ HMT. I found 'em on eBay.

LOL - Sorry Taco....

MEL
08-27-2003, 09:43 AM
smith makes a lens for their roll offs with raised bumps on it. it makes it so when its really wet, the film won't stick to the lens. they work great. well worth the money. they also make the same lens in anti-fog.

YLW400
08-27-2003, 09:59 AM
Cool, thanks for the replies guys!!

Bill Fuller
08-27-2003, 10:18 AM
I prefer Oakley goggles with the laminated tear offs.They are 7 tear offs together that look like 2 or 3,you can actually put on two sets (14) tear offs and it is still clear.They are kinda on the pricey side though.

toby400ex
08-27-2003, 10:26 AM
I love my smith warp roll offs:p