PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever sink their truck before?

sly400ex
08-27-2003, 07:15 AM
Well, not literelly...but i submerged my truck in about 4 foot of water, it actually got in the cab and everything. I know I should change ALL the fluids now, but can any of you fine ladies or gents recommend anything else to look for or replace? Haha...make me remember my first post on this site when I sunk my 400, I guess I have problems being around deep water.:confused:

Pappy
08-27-2003, 07:21 AM
i buried a 78 chevy 4 x 4 to the door handles:p

cost me $300 to get it unstuck:mad:

FourFiftyFour
08-27-2003, 07:21 AM
well make sure u clean everything out real good with a power washer..... try to get everything to dry and make sure u check your brakes and cables and such.... in the interior.. id shampoo it really well and clean it up or it will get all rotted.... u might have to take the carpet out of the truck and make sure it dries underneath it also..... maybe jack the truck up and make sure there isnt any damage underneath..... but defintely watch the brakes.. get them cleaned and make sure they are in good working order

lil400exman
08-27-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
well make sure u clean everything out real good with a power washer..... try to get everything to dry and make sure u check your brakes and cables and such.... in the interior.. id shampoo it really well and clean it up or it will get all rotted.... u might have to take the carpet out of the truck and make sure it dries underneath it also..... maybe jack the truck up and make sure there isnt any damage underneath..... but defintely watch the brakes.. get them cleaned and make sure they are in good working order
hey kara if i give u a bucket spong and soap will u wash my quad?:D

FourFiftyFour
08-27-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by lil400exman
hey kara if i give u a bucket spong and soap will u wash my quad?:D

do i have to wear a bikini?? :blah: :blah: :devil:

sly400ex
08-27-2003, 07:42 AM
Hey, this is my thread and my truck that has the problems:cuss: And Kara, yes, you do have to wear the bikini!!!:blah:

lil400exman
08-27-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
do i have to wear a bikini?? :blah: :blah: :devil:
i dunno but i could be like eviljester in that pic where u 2 are racing......:eek2:

L.Vegas400
08-27-2003, 08:35 AM
dont forget the differentials and power steering pump(if it got that high) when doing the fluids. what year and make was it. if it was newer you may have some trouble with the electrical connecters. if so go to auto zone and get an arisol can of electrical connector cleaner water displacer and get to work.

P.S. i want to see a bikini shot.:devil:

ZSK
08-27-2003, 03:32 PM
I suggest replacing the tires..........If you riding on 44's and a lift you wouldn't even have noticed it;)

DEAL
08-27-2003, 04:52 PM
You really should check all the wiring and such.

FourFiftyFour
08-27-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by L.Vegas400

P.S. i want to see a bikini shot.:devil:

just look in the post a pic of yourself thread..theres one in there :)

jello
08-27-2003, 06:47 PM
I sunk my ranger up past the doors in sand.... Took a very long time to get out