PDA

View Full Version : Why do you visit EXRiders.com?

MOFO
08-26-2003, 02:48 PM
I remember the day I joined this site. I just bought my 400ex a few months before and I was a member of ATV Confusion. Then I saw a site posted by Gabe about EXRiders. I figured what the heck... After being a member for a few months, I learned ALOT of information about my quad and basics of ATV's. There was a small community of people that BS'd and shared ideas and knowledge about Hondas and all models of their ATV lineup. At this point and time I was a member of this site for knowledge only and very little chit chat.

.... 3 years later and 3rd owner of site...

I must admit, my first priority still remains... I use this site for knowledge of this sport. Over these years things have changed, for the better and for worse. I like to think more things have changed for the better. Now in addition to the knowledge base that this site has through various members, there is other areas that this site has helped me learn more about.

I can't complete this without saying, through this site I have also made friends with a great group of guys, which I consider pretty good friends. :D Even though most of them are jackass's that think they can ride... just kidding guys.

Overall, I feel things are on track and every day there is something new that I learn from here... I guess things are still the same as day 1.

So, what are your reasons for being a member here? What do you expect from this site?

If this turns into a flame war, I'm gonna kikk the first person deep into the dirt pile... :mad:

K_Fulk
08-26-2003, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MOFO
[B]I remember the day I joined this site. I just bought my 400ex a few months before and I was a member of ATV Confusion. Then I saw a site posted by Gabe about EXRiders. I figured what the heck... After being a member for a few months, I learned ALOT of information about my quad and basics of ATV's. There was a small community of people that BS'd and shared ideas and knowledge about Hondas and all models of their ATV lineup. At this point and time I was a member of this site for knowledge only and very little chit chat.

About the same here, but it hurt my eyes reading the red on black and i just read stuff every once in a while, When i had to ask a question i finnaly joined. Now i try to give information more then anything. Or find some deals in the classifieds.

hondafox440
08-26-2003, 02:56 PM
I'm just here to learn more about tech and help people. Plus, it gives me something to do in my spare time.

Jackie
08-26-2003, 02:57 PM
OTHER :p

08-26-2003, 02:58 PM
because all the other sites suck and never get as much attention. i post something, i refresh 10 minutes later, and i get 10 replies. you cant beat the information floating around here. its all stored away in that SEARCH button! :eek2:

400exmom
08-26-2003, 02:59 PM
cuz i luv rico:devil:

Guy400
08-26-2003, 02:59 PM
Me, my cousin and my best friend went out and bought quads one day. My cousin bought a 400EX and I knew I'd be helping him do stuff on it so I figured I'd learn something. I read the original EXRiders forums for about 3 months before I took the plunge and joined. It was a little rough at first but most people were friendly with me. Now I feel it's my duty to hand my best pick-up lines down to the younger audience. Since I'm married now I figure it's someone elses turn to get slapped for chasing skirts:D

sweet300ex
08-26-2003, 03:00 PM
Because I can learn something everyday from it, and they understand Honda Pride!!:p

dpizz450
08-26-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by stix
because all the other sites suck and never get as much attention. i post something, i refresh 10 minutes later, and i get 10 replies. :eek2:

couldnt have said it better!
i try to help out everyone i can!

Bill Fuller
08-26-2003, 03:01 PM
When I joined I could hardly type,I needed alot of puter time.The people are great even if there are differences in opinions.I actually joined cause Dhines was showing me the site and whammo there is a picture of me and Marty from The Quadshop doing battle at Maplesville Alabama.I had to join so I could post how bad I whooped up on him:devil:

Chanman420q
08-26-2003, 03:05 PM
because its the only honda ATV web site i know

Pappy
08-26-2003, 03:06 PM
i found the site by complete accident. hell when i first got on here i didnt even know how to send an email:confused2 it took me 2 days to figure out how to post a picture!!!! i think for the first few weeks i read more then i had the last 10 years. mainly i was looking at the pictures and getting ideas to start tricking out my new 400. one person in particuliar caught my eye over and over.....chris waters. i wanted to send him parts but i couldnt bare the shipping so i bought a pc kit from cottonwoody here on the site....

once id been here a month or so i started making friends and meeting people to ride with. which was really cool to me because there isnt a place local to ride.

then leo left and ben took over...the site kept growing and so did i......believe it or not you can learn alot about people on this site and also remember what it was like to be a kid. i read every "I GOT A QUAD " thread i see(wipes tear)

then jeff from the quadshop and i became friends. he invited me out to race the penton gncc and i would meet the infamous rico that day also. 2 days before the race i needed some beadlocks and i recieved a pm from a fella right up the street. i went that very night to meet him and couldnt believe it when he offered up his own set of rims for me to race on. that sparked a friendship thats continually growing and opening up new doors for me. he introduced me to burgard and more people in the atv sport and business then i ever imagined to meet. ofcourse im refering to our new site administrator harlen. damn good friend and i have this page to thank for that.

ive made every hatfield trip since last september and just about every exriders ride east of kentucky. ive met over 100 of the members and thier families...like tommy 17.

ive enjoyed the site more and more and although it hasits growing pains im certain it will not stop until its the most predominate atv webpage on the planet.

i look forward to meeting even more members in the future...young and old.

so why do i visit the site?

because i love it:p

kamikaze_rzrbak
08-26-2003, 03:08 PM
because all of my friends have no clue about quads and when i come to this site its like a breath of fresh air.

RiPPiNiTuP7
08-26-2003, 03:14 PM
i visit here for the same as most people.....learn about quads, get a few laughs from people, and so on:)

sportraxrider10
08-26-2003, 03:24 PM
well the reason why i come, is because not too many of my friends know alot about quads, and comming on here helps me out with my questions, and then it makes me look like i'm a genious to them:D :blah: :devil:

p@iNn3ck
08-26-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Plus, it gives me something to do in my spare time.

LOL..... I think u spend more time here than on your own site! :devil:

Bad Habit
08-26-2003, 03:39 PM
I guess I come here for the same reasons as everyone else. Gather information, share information, learn something new, enjoy a good laugh and so on.
I was also like most when I first joined. Just read posts for the first few weeks. It kinda reminds me of going skinny dippin. At first, you're pretty shy and try to cover up your junk. Then before you know it, you're jumping right in, letting it all wiggle all over the place.:D

AtvMxRider
08-26-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

i
so why do i visit the site?

because i love it:p

Same here.:)

flyin#5
08-26-2003, 03:54 PM
i came for da bidches and da beer:D:blah:

na i knew a guy that stored his 400ex at my house for a long time and let me ride it..... so technically i had one for 3/4's a year. i was over on atvnews.com forums (suck) and i was getting fed up with em. joined here. didnt post much for the first couple months..... then i became addicted. learing tips about quads and stuff like that. i had a 200sx that i rode most the time so the tech stuff wasnt really important to me. i just liked to bs around and get riding info. then i got the blaster and the tech stuff really isnt that important to me now either, but i still come to learn the best ways to ride and just talk with different people.

ILGNCC400EX
08-26-2003, 04:06 PM
ya what pappy said

mx400
08-26-2003, 05:01 PM
i come here because i enjoy getting/giving information and love talkin to people that have the same interests as me. its like one big happy family

TRX250X
08-26-2003, 05:27 PM
Pappy, that brought a tear to my eye. And that's part of the reason I love this site so much, because not only can we learn about Honda's and stuff, but it's almost like a little family. Now, I know I'm not real well known on here. I don't post too much, but I read everything that I can. I found out about this site a little over a year ago when I was looking to buy my first quad. I finally got to join when I started going to Purdue, and I've had a blast being able to learn, and laugh at all the stuff that goes on here.

CowsBitePeople
08-26-2003, 05:33 PM
im here because im stuck i cant leave wanted to but couldnt and this site is the best site on the net

ghost_ryder
08-26-2003, 05:36 PM
im with pappy on this one lol...this site is awesome and i love meeting new people :cool:

AngelFromAbove
08-26-2003, 05:48 PM
yea um why come here is well i dont know just to chat and have a little convo with some people and get imput for stuff. but i dont know i dont ride an atv or anything like that but this site is good when it comes to gettin advice on stuff!

08-26-2003, 05:58 PM
I come because I'm addicted to tommy.

DEAL
08-26-2003, 06:02 PM
To find women lol
jj to learn about quads!

86350x
08-26-2003, 07:19 PM
One of the first sights I can visit and post something, without it automatically pi$$ing someone off:confused:

When you see some replies else-where you'll be like:huh :confused:

spincr4hire
08-27-2003, 01:01 AM
I use to own an EX, it was good for info, and still is. The 'where to ride' and 'racing' sections are the best on the net, too. And meeting new people is always a plus.

Taco
08-27-2003, 01:02 AM
I'm just here to give Rico a hard time:D

08-27-2003, 01:15 AM
I'm here just at pick up chicks. I figured the site was full of Ex wives and girlfriends. Then I found out it was about quads so I bought one and figured what the he11...:huh

MOFO
08-27-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I'm here just at pick up chicks. I figured the site was full of Ex wives and girlfriends. Then I found out it was about quads so I bought one and figured what the he11...:huh

For some reason this does not suprise me one bit....

lil400exman
08-27-2003, 01:38 AM
i came here cause of a riding buddy then i became a post whore.........:eek: :scary:

300exOH
08-27-2003, 02:23 AM
A friend of mine who got me inbto quads referred me to the site. Now I'm hooked. It's cool listening to peoples stories and sharing a few. I live out in BFE and it's nice to BS with someone now and then. I learned tons about my bike and quads in general and I also like sharing what I've learned with the new members. Making friends is cool too. Heck I even found one in my area. Whassup UglyMotha! EXRiders RULES!

Woodsrider
08-27-2003, 02:34 AM
I started coming here when I got tired of ATVConfusion, and all the flaming and discrimination over there. If you didn't have the bestest fastest quad on the site no one wanted to reply to you.
The Mods are the king of sensorship over there. If it wasnt in direct line with there beliefs then they just delete your thread. When you asked why they wouldnt even reply:cuss:

I joined here when I bought my EX for the info, the pics, and the fact that when you post a ? with in just a few moments you will have multiple replies. The amount of specific info here cant be found anywhere else. I met quite afew new folks as well, and have had the opportunity to ride with folks I wouldn't have otherwise.

CBW
08-27-2003, 02:47 AM
cause its just so much darn fun:blah: :D

QuadJunkies
08-27-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Yellow416ex
I guess I come here for the same reasons as everyone else. Gather information, share information, learn something new, enjoy a good laugh and so on.
I was also like most when I first joined. Just read posts for the first few weeks. It kinda reminds me of going skinny dippin. At first, you're pretty shy and try to cover up your junk. Then before you know it, you're jumping right in, letting it all wiggle all over the place.:D Same here, LOL........Excpet that "wiggle part":o :p ;) anyhow I too have met a TON of poeple over that last year and a half and have learned soooooo much from all of you:) And Im still learning.. I get some of the best laughs from this place,I can come home from work from a long crappy day, and I know before I go to bed, Ill have at least one good laugh....:p We have it pretty good here........ All kinds of info on really just about ANYTHING you need to know. Pro riders who come here to share good info for all of us to learn from, a great set of Mods:cool: .........Who could ask for anything better????? This is by far the best site out there, Im just glad I found this place;)

Bad Habit
08-27-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
.........Who could ask for anything better?????

Pics?????????????:devil: :D

Glow Plug
08-27-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by DEAL
To find women lol
jj to learn about quads!

I thoguh you went to your family reunion to do that :blah:

I don't know why I'm still come here, but I'm staying I have no IDea whats keeping me here probley the people

Doibugu2
08-27-2003, 03:51 AM
Cause I know I'm cooler than everyone on this site!:D

j/k

hondafox440
08-27-2003, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by p@iNn3ck
LOL..... I think u spend more time here than on your own site! :devil:

I do because nobody friggin goes to mine.. :( Plus every post is free advertising :D

UglyMotha™
08-27-2003, 04:52 AM
i just like hanging out with queers :o

250x#93
08-27-2003, 05:24 AM
I come here to LEARN, i really enjoy learning more and more about are sport and are quads:devil: Almost everything I know about quads I learned from exriders:devil: But i also do come here to see whats happenin in other areas, talk to other riders in diff states and stuff:cool:

QuadJunkies
08-27-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Yellow416ex
Pics?????????????:devil: :D LOL!! I think you have prol already see one of me by now posted.....:p ;)

spliffy
08-27-2003, 06:24 AM
I only come here to decifer(sp?) monkeyboy's posts :p

k i comb ear 2 lern shtuff toooo :macho :scary:

Tommy 17
08-27-2003, 06:38 AM
i came here lookin at pictures... didn't know jack about quads... i was huge into bikes...

grew friends with alot of the members... started talkin to rico, knighttime, etc...

then one day that damn kenny guy imed me about hunting... who the hell is kenny:huh next thing i know i was callin him pappy and everyone started... now look at him... haha

i've met alot of people from this site and thats the only reason i come back... i wouldn't be here if i didn't like talkin to people... i don't even ride anymore... but i come back to talk to my friends and ride only with exriders...

i almost left this site if some of u haven't seen... i haven't posted in a couple dayz mainly bc i have been gettin annoyed alot latly... u probably seen i haven't been on aol bc i changed my name and everything... i got tired of the 2 year olds...:o

i do know one thing... if it wasn't for pappy and exriders today i would not be who i am today... i would be a drug dealin punk whos burnt out and dropped outta school... i gurantee it... i ditched my friends bc i learned the right way in life here... the put the money into my 406 instead of my nose...

QuadJunkies
08-27-2003, 06:42 AM
"i don't even ride annymore"................................. You dont??????:huh I honestly didnt know that:huh ...Why dont you ride anymore ??

Tommy 17
08-27-2003, 06:47 AM
everyone i rode with is now in jail from drug charges... or they are so burned out from shootin up they can't ride if they tried...

i'm the only one left outta 30+ riders that rides big bikes...:o

its pathedic what drugs will do to ur life...

Admin
08-27-2003, 07:11 AM
if it wasn't for pappy and exriders today i would not be who i am today... i would be a drug dealin punk whos burnt out and dropped outta school... i gurantee it... i ditched my friends bc i learned the right way in life here... the put the money into my 406 instead of my nose...

WOW!, Tommy I am really glad to see that EXriders.com and Kenny have had such a positive affect on your life. I am glad to hear that you aren't on drugs and are still in school.

I hope that the Academic Awards program will encourage our younger members to do well in school and avoid the pressures of adolescence.

It is nice to see how EXriders.com has helped so many people over the years in one way or another. I hope that I will be able to keep it as exciting and interesting in the future for its existing and new members.

Pappy
08-27-2003, 07:15 AM
pappy.....the anti drug:bandit:

08-27-2003, 07:20 AM
I'd like to thank Exriders for giving me the privledge of watching my dad drive off the side of a mountain at the exriders.com rides at hatfield...:huh

Actually the place is pretty cool and meeting all these people has been great. I've got about 10 members on my speed dial on my phone and can't even think of how many i have actually met in person..

I still can't believe i'm a mod actually...:eek2: It's been pretty easy to sucker in the owners to let me stay and make decesions for the page....:eek: LMFAO

k2-dawg
08-27-2003, 07:23 AM
i come 4 the humor. also to find new riding buddies, i'm tired of roosting Motoman......:D

Tommy 17
08-27-2003, 07:25 AM
pappy.....the anti drug:bandit:

after seein what they did 2 u... hell no i'll never do them:eek2: haha j.k pappy...

rico we are threw... u never call me anymore:grr: lmfao.... j.k

Pappy
08-27-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

rico we are threw... u never call me anymore:grr: lmfao.... j.k

after peach fuzz they tend to get testy...:eek: :blah:

sly400ex
08-27-2003, 07:31 AM
HAha....I remember when I joined here two years ago. Rico was "gone or leaving" for some reason. I forgot what the whole story was, but he and others made it to seem like he was going away to the can for a while for pimpin' out woman! I was like WTF. Halarious! :D Tommy, that's very cool how you turned your life around like that, hats off to Pappy!:cool: I don't post as much as a lot of you on here, but I am here just as much and must say there are some great people on here! :D Awesome site!

Tommy 17
08-27-2003, 07:37 AM
pappy get rid of that avatar... i can't breath i'm laughin so hard... i can see ya hippie *** back in the 80s jumpin around with a big old dubbie in ur mouth:p

08-27-2003, 07:38 AM
It was enjoyable to come here and make fun of that fat guy that always posted photos of his ugly girlfriend. frogot his name. i hope he still comes here.

08-27-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by sly400ex
HAha....I remember when I joined here two years ago. Rico was "gone or leaving" for some reason. I forgot what the whole story was, but he and others made it to seem like he was going away to the can for a while for pimpin' out woman! I was like WTF. Halarious! :D Tommy, that's very cool how you turned your life around like that, hats off to Pappy!:cool: I don't post as much as a lot of you on here, but I am here just as much and must say there are some great people on here! :D Awesome site!

that story was a joke because i was headed outa town for like a week and wouldn't be back on so i put my quad up for sale and had some of my new exrides buddies feed the rest of the site BS to play it off even better. Well that trip turned ugly because it was Sept. 10th, 2001. The next day the chit hit the fan and we were attacked. I was stuck in NJ and had no idea if or how i would get home. After 5 days i finally gota rental car and drove home from atlantic city all night in a friggen rain storm. :(

QuadJunkies
08-27-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by deadcelery
It was enjoyable to come here and make fun of that fat guy that always posted photos of his ugly girlfriend. frogot his name. i hope he still comes here. hmmmm ......where do I know you from???........:p maybe a dif name once here????

sly400ex
08-27-2003, 07:48 AM
that story was a joke because i was headed outa town for like a week and wouldn't be back on so i put my quad up for sale and had some of my new exrides buddies feed the rest of the site BS to play it off even better. Well that trip turned ugly because it was Sept. 10th, 2001. The next day the chit hit the fan and we were attacked. I was stuck in NJ and had no idea if or how i would get home. After 5 days i finally gota rental car and drove home from atlantic city all night in a friggen rain storm. :(

Dang, I remember all those details, I just forgot that it was all at that horrific time.:( Turned this thread into a sobering mindset for me...we shall never forget!:(

08-27-2003, 08:04 AM
MastaOfDisasta? perhaps?

MSL
08-27-2003, 08:05 AM
hmmmm ......where do I know you from???........ maybe a dif name once here????

QJ he used to be Masta of Disasta or something like that. He got banned. I guess he is back.

theTman
08-27-2003, 08:17 AM
i joined bcuz i saw on other forums ppl talking about this site so i came and joined :macho:

QuadJunkies
08-27-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by MSL
QJ he used to be Masta of Disasta or something like that. He got banned. I guess he is back. thats what i thought.......:huh

08-27-2003, 08:28 AM
miss me?

wilkin250r
08-27-2003, 08:30 AM
I originally came here looking for information.

I come back looking for laughs.

I think it would be great to meet a few of you guys in person, but west of the Mississippi, the EXriders population spreads out a bit, and is pretty sparce in my area.

Maybe someday I'll be able to make it back east for one of the big rides.

MSL
08-27-2003, 08:31 AM
miss me?

Do you still think you are a gangsta?

08-27-2003, 08:34 AM
100%

Merriman
08-27-2003, 08:37 AM
I first came on this site while I was deployed to Bosnia:confused2 Being stuck out there not able to ride or do anything for 13 months (Sep 2000 - Oct 2001) sucked. Since we did all of our Spec Ops. at night I had some free time during the day to atleast hear others great ride stories, and learn alittle in the process (very little :blah: ) I never joined, until this past January because I was always gone, or being moved about the world. Finally ended up at the US Intelligence Center here in Arizona so I became a member.

I come here now for the humor, to learn as much as I possibly can about something I like so much....ATV's.

and on 9-11-2001, ya' don't even want to know what I was doing that day:macho

08-27-2003, 08:39 AM
Hows the wheelbarrow freestyle goin???

XANDADA
08-27-2003, 08:46 AM
I found ExRider's when I was looking to get back into quads after a two year hiatus. I wanted to buy an R but I didn't know much about them, still don't but learn more here every day. Now I'm here more for a little entertainment and meeting new people to go riding with and the occasional tech tip.

Pappy
08-27-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
hmmmm ......where do I know you from???........:p maybe a dif name once here????

well he will toe the line or he will be pushing a wheel barrow full of chit;)

08-27-2003, 09:05 AM
Hows the wheelbarrow freestyle goin???

Its been awhile. but either way, its been "goin" excellent.

Sadly, I didnt care to remember anything about you[other then you calling your wife a *****, or somthing down those lines]. Or else i would ask you how that "remember thought" was "goin".

Anyhow, tell me your life story. How's it been?

Pappy
08-27-2003, 09:08 AM
hows that wheelbarrow smell now?

MOFO
08-27-2003, 09:33 AM
hows that wheelbarrow smell now?

somethin tells me he filled the wheelbarrow with a bit too much BS....

anyways, great responses everyone. I see I'm not alone... :D

Tommy 17
08-27-2003, 09:45 AM
that wasn't the real masta....

his name is zack the jerk... i know bc i fought with him in pms...

08-27-2003, 11:43 AM
actually, it was the MastaOfDisasta.

now:

mind telling me what rules were broken?

****edited by pappy****

you broke enough rules in the past...i dont need a reason ...you know..its a gangsta thing;)

Taco
08-27-2003, 11:49 AM
that story was a joke because i was headed outa town for like a week and wouldn't be back on so i put my quad up for sale and had some of my new exrides buddies feed the rest of the site BS to play it off even better. Well that trip turned ugly because it was Sept. 10th, 2001. The next day the chit hit the fan and we were attacked. I was stuck in NJ and had no idea if or how i would get home. After 5 days i finally gota rental car and drove home from atlantic city all night in a friggen rain storm. :( Lol did you forget about the karoke fest :D

monkeyboy
08-27-2003, 12:46 PM
johnnnty C hangs oot herr:bandit:

Rip_Tear
08-27-2003, 02:32 PM
I looked at all the pictures and reviews and tech articles and stuff bofore I joined. At some point when I had reread and looked at the pictures to know them just by their caption I decided I needed more and decided to look at the forum where I was bombaried with info! I read the forums for a long time and learned a lot of info, eventually I joined so I could answer some questions and make some of my own! I stay here because I like to try and answer atleast 1 question a day, even though that is getting harder :p I don't think I could ever leave, I always wonder what I am going to read the next day, who's doing what, and all the new things that are going on. Without EXriders I wouldn't know about all these aftermarket parts and such, I would still be buying stuff from the deal (oem parts) instead of getting some of the parts that I could really use :D

Thanks to everyone who has helped me! Also the environment here is great!

redroost85
08-27-2003, 03:16 PM
Well, I read this forum for about 6 months before I joined. I wanted to make sure that people on here actually knew stuff about quads. Man, am I glad I joined! I have learned tons of chit from fellow EXriders. And gotten some sweet *** deals too.

It is here that I realize my EX addiction is not abnormal!

That being said, let's fricking ride already!:devil:

luvmyex
08-27-2003, 04:09 PM
i like comming here for the info mofo! LOL And with not haveing a ride for weeks now it keeps me from going nuts.Plus theres alot of good people on here.Lots of good deals also.

sickmojave
08-27-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by mx400
i come here because i enjoy getting/giving information and love talkin to people that have the same interests as me. its like one big happy family

http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/contrib/edoom/iamwithstupid.gif J/K that's how I feel about this site too

Juggalo
08-27-2003, 05:00 PM
it makes me laff, it makes me cry. it entertains me when i'm bored, and teaches me when i'm not. it gives me something to talk about with my friends, and it gives me friends to talk to. i'm addicted to it and when i'm not browsing it i am craving my next fix of sweet sweet exriders.

hondarider2006
08-27-2003, 07:54 PM
Well first of all, I would like to thank everyone on this site that has helped me. You guys have helped me through all of the crap I have asked. This site has tought me a lot, and only being 15, with some basic motor knowledge, I think I have come a long way. When I first got my 400ex, I was scared to modify anything. I didn't know what I was doing, and what was good and bad for the bike. I bought it used, and it already had a pipe, I asked around on this site, and found out that it really wasn't the pipe I wanted.

I basicaly come to this site to read what people have to ask and say, and to help out as much as I posibly can. Everyone that I have talked to seems to be really nice, and always willing to help out. I am sure someday I will run into the random jurk, but there is always one in the crowd.

Thank you everyone that has helped me, your help is greatley apreciated:macho

Ride red, ride safe, and have fun! -Nick-

Runnin Dumb
08-28-2003, 04:24 AM
Started readin' to begin with cause of Rico, bought my 300 butt kicker, went to H/M and learned how to body surf down the trails and how to roll quads. Meet abunch of great guys and gals and love readin' all the BS in the Forums.

JTRtrx250r
08-28-2003, 12:27 PM
Im not sure how I found this site but I remember there was about 80 ppl and remember thinkin'..wow,80 ppl on this site.I had an R and didnt notice much about 2st's so I bailed,I would stop by from time to time to see if I could find any info for my 4st pals,each time I'd notice this place had grown more and more and found a few R owners here,I just read for about 2-3 yrs before I ever posted,and that was usually because someone(Rico) would make me LMFAO,I'd just read the "open forum" and get a few good laughs,pretty much still the same ,I do like the Exriders open forum for some reason:huh :D :blah:

Punk'd
08-28-2003, 01:00 PM
best site ever guys !!!

JD400exrider
08-28-2003, 06:28 PM
I found this site by accident after getting back into atv's. I came on here to get info on the ex and it has been a wealth of information. I never really was on any sites before this one. After being here a few weeks i found myself spending sooo much money on the ex. Oh well. Runs allot better now. You guys and gals are great. It is interesting to here what happens or how you guys live back on the east coast also.

Tommy I am glad every thing is going well. Props to Pappy and exriders.

guedo
08-28-2003, 06:36 PM
Like alot of people the first year or so I would just read the forums.
Now my job has moved me to Mexico for a year and the area I am in has very little quads. I know, I was shocked also. So since my Spanish suxs I thought I would join up. Wont be able to hit another GNCC until next year although I have a weeks vacation in September and will get to see the Sparta KY. race. Its only a 30 minute drive from my house so that rocks.
All in all this site is tops!!:macho

bradley300
08-29-2003, 04:11 AM
i dont have the foggiest idea how i found this site. its great though, when i first got my 300ex i didnt know anything about them and went to thequadshop everyday to ask questions, i think i bugged jeff to the point that he told me about the site.

there is lots of great info, i hope to have given some great info, stories are hilarious, and the hatfield ride was the most fun ive had in a long time.

monkey,slappy and cuz are the best source of humor i have found anywhere. i remember monkey's first post, he got flammed so bad for not spelling right, or using anything close to proper english. it was hilarious, then slappy came to his defense a little while later, then cuz came to the rescue.

i try to answer the dumb "which quad is better, which pipe is better"questions as much as i can because i used to wonder the same stuff back in my "younger days".

then i got the birthday thread i was like "oh yes, ive reached a high point!" thanks popo!

08-29-2003, 10:06 AM
i have nothing better to do with my time

CHAR250R
08-29-2003, 03:42 PM
Information. Parts for sale. New riding spots. Help out other people who are mechanically challenged. A good laugh every once and a while.:)

batgeek
08-29-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom
cuz i luv rico:devil:

ditto.

bradley300
08-30-2003, 03:21 AM
oh yeah, and because rico and pappy are the best:blah:

jamiesel
08-30-2003, 07:12 AM
I like this site because of the enthusiasm for the sport. Lots of info and a good exchange of ideas. Mods are usually top notch (I do miss 4punks). Lots of kewl pics and good guys!

400grl
08-31-2003, 04:12 AM
Well.....I had just bought my 400ex (literally the same day) and I was doing a search on the web for 400EX and this site popped up....so I dove in headfirst, and I've been swimming in this vast pool of knowledge every since!!! :)

I know I can come here with any question and get responses.....there are so many really great people on this site.....I used to come on here when I was married to my ex-husband still, and up late at night because we had a fight or something.....and I would read the posts until I got tired enough to sleep.

There is so much humor, and commeraderie and genuine helpfullness here that it helps to restore my faith in mankind on days that I start to wonder...... ;)

This is an incredible forum.......it's been fun to watch it grow over the years! You guys are awesome!!! :D

AtvMxRider
08-31-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by 400grl

You guys are awesome!!! :D

We know...........:devil:

quadrcr87
08-31-2003, 08:14 AM
i was searchin the net for pics of modded quads. and the sites ride section came up so i joined and started modding all my machines

R-Crazy
08-31-2003, 01:27 PM
i just bought my 300ex, and just moved out into AZ. it was still summer, school hadnt started, and my group of friends was limited. the little i knew then about quads (2 years ago), i had just gotten 2 holes in my stock tires (no surprise). I did a seach on 300ex in google, and i found this site, it may have been the first one to show. come to think of it, i think i wanted solid rubber tired for my 300 so i wouldnt get any more holes:blah: i came on here and within 1 week, i knew 10 times more and i was on here constantly, like having 5000 (at the time) friends.

Now, 2 years later, i know more about quads and cars and all motor vehicles and types of racing than any local person i know of, and i know just about as much as my dad (he knows a LOT about all this stuff, restored 2 triumphs and has in the past raced and DECKED OUT two 280ZX datzun cars). lets just say i have learned more than i could ever dream of, and there is still so much more, and i have this site and this site ONLY to thank. i now have a group of i think 12000 friends across the country, and they all are great. i also realize how lucky i am to have a quad rather than a dirtbike, not because one has two wheels and one has four, but because of the enviornment. i have a family here, dirtbikers seem too stuck up and stuck on themsleves to do sumthing like this, and when you go to a nationals event, if a pro has time, he/she will talk to you willingly, free of charge, but you have to pay to see charmicheal or anyone like that, much better enviornment i think.

id like ot thank everyone here for everything they have done and for all the greatness in the past and yet to come.

(sorry for any spelling errors, but i dont feel like reading it over, haha)

dave

SGA
08-31-2003, 03:46 PM
Because its a great web site!

balla250ex
08-31-2003, 04:09 PM
I joined the site about 2 years ago... I joined just because I was an EX rider myself. And low and behold I have learned tons of info and met a few ppl.

Now I try to keep learning and I try to help others (but I provide useless when it gets technical :p ).

Great site. Like a big family.

hessianmx111
09-01-2003, 01:41 AM
i found this site in september 2002 but did not sign up until jan 03, i come to this site for the pics,humor,info and the overall atmosphere of it. i think i found this page by doing a search for the word 400ex, i remember seeing the letter on the main page from leo addressing all of you that he was stepping down. i remember the old layout i remember lots of stuff. i will continue to stay here for as long as their is an exriders.:)

balla250ex
09-01-2003, 01:53 AM
Yea, I remember the old layout and what not. When I joined...I cannot remember when but I will find out... We had members, but not near as many as we have now. Glad to see this site is booming. :D :D

RoadkillerRyan
09-01-2003, 04:05 AM
i did a seach on " ATV chicks and " quad porn" and this site came up and i have been hooked ever since

400EXrider#91
09-01-2003, 06:47 AM
i think i read for about 6 months and just joined to try to help someone in a tight spot. and now know a few people and its funny as chit sometimes

Adam202
09-01-2003, 07:18 AM
i came here to supply information and more important of all learn from the other members information too, i enjoy reading humorous things and also helping people with problems. i have been apart of MANY different forums and still am. ive seen forums go from meerly 500 members- 10,000 members in a few years. the turnout? it wasnt good [for me ne ways] and i left the forums, i didnt like what i saw in people responses, it was like people come to the forum to make themselves feel better by slamming other members for there lack of knowledge on subjects. i hate to see that and i find alot of OLDER AGE and younger members here who do that. there are alot of kids here and you have to except there Lack of knowledge and experience, you will hear alot of immature situations that you at one time went through as a kid. im not saying im not a kid, im only 17 and i have alot to learn. one thing i see is Great members being run out because of bad members, i dont wanna see this happen so we gotta keep the good members here and the bad ones out. i hope to see this forum come out good with the help of the moderators and the members. ;)

tants
09-01-2003, 02:00 PM
i came here not knowing the difference between a 4stroke or 2stroke, i asked if aftermarket reeds would help my 300ex go faster... :huh

i came here as a punk kid, flamming all the time, just to be known as a badass, i didnt care nor pay attention to authority... and i was banned for so.

over the time period of over a year, in my mind, i not only grew with maturity, but gained many friendships and learned much knowledge, i thank all of you that told me to wake up and get with the program. ive met dozens of exriders, and everyone was so cool, thank you pappy for all your help, and always being there, tommy, lou, ralph, bean, dean, and so on

i mostly came to this site to piss people, like a immature kid would do so, i think over the time i grew up and starting enjoying the site for what it is. i lerned so much over time and made what i consider, good friendships

thank you leo, ben, harlen, and all mods for making EXriders what it is today, my hats off to all of you

09-01-2003, 05:15 PM
zach you are the funniest mofo i have ever met on the internet. his name was jeff and his girlfriend
sheena, as seen in an issue of dirtwheels magazine. he is on my wall actually. "ow you rike cut jeff :D "

rico & pappy are really funny too lol..

monkeyboy & slapnutz, i never knew that miss spelling to the point of a new word could be so funny.

i met some people like rip_tear that lives close to me and QJ whose really nice, and takes pics. you know the ones im talking about :huh

AAAAAAAAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA :huh BBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHHAAHHHAAHA :huh :huh

but still the main reason: you dont have to wait even 5 minutes to get a post. all them other sites are ghost forums and are deadcelery :confused2

ps. zach u got msn or aim?

tants
09-01-2003, 06:05 PM
zach you are the funniest mofo i have ever met on the internet. his name was jeff and his girlfriend
sheena, as seen in an issue of dirtwheels magazine. he is on my wall actually. "ow you rike cut jeff :D "

rico & pappy are really funny too lol..

monkeyboy & slapnutz, i never knew that miss spelling to the point of a new word could be so funny.

i met some people like rip_tear that lives close to me and QJ whose really nice, and takes pics. you know the ones im talking about :huh

AAAAAAAAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA :huh BBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHHAAHHHAAHA :huh :huh

but still the main reason: you dont have to wait even 5 minutes to get a post. all them other sites are ghost forums and are deadcelery :confused2

ps. zach u got msn or aim?

its zacK with a K ;)

and yesm, i got aim

tants250r

blondie69
09-02-2003, 01:31 AM
I 1st came here cuz 1 of my friends wanted me to join. So I did.....and u guys were all nice. And at the time I wanted another quad...(haven't gotten one yet..and looks like i won't be for awhile:ermm: ) but while being on here...i've met alota kool ppls..and I actually did learn quite a bit bout quads. Cuz I used to just ride mine...I never really modded it out much or did my own repairs:confused2. But now I probably could do quite a bit on my own:D

09-02-2003, 03:57 AM
teeeg'z send meee pikkkturrrzzzz :eek2:

xr50layke@hot

Diedrich
09-02-2003, 10:18 AM
i joined to learn more about quads..no matter what your problem is someone here always has the answer..quads is my life and i wanna learn all i can about them...here is a good place to do it..also this is a big quad site with alot of members and alot of posts, unlike the other quad sites out there

cheetah
09-02-2003, 11:28 AM
I found this site one day debating on a new quad. I had been out of riding for a while and my cousin had a blaster so I wanted a sport bike to go fast. I was tring to decide between a warrior and a 400ex. I was strongly leaning toward the warrior and was looking for one last chance to change my mind being the big Honda fan I was. I entered "400ex" into google and bam! I'm here. I read around for a few days then finally posted when my dad ordered me a 400ex. I was so excited and the people here helped me every mod of the way.;) When I came here I knew nothing. I thought a pipe would add 10mph to a quad. I quickly learned a lot and now do all of my own maintenance and install all mods by myself. 1 yr ago I would never have dreamed I would understand how these bikes work and it seems everyday I have a question answered it raises a new one and someone here always knows the answer and shares with me. I also feel as if this were a small family. I find myself wondering what pappy or rico is up to today and it keeps me coming back. Many top riders were here and I would say the greatest feeling I had on here was when I had a series of pms talking to Dana Creech. I couldn't believe he thought I was worth taking the time to talk to. I've met a few people from the boards and can't wait to meet more. But anyone that comes here once just can't keep from coming back. Heres to Exriders for years to come.:cool:

Dan_Guetter
09-02-2003, 12:55 PM
I go visit because its my home....a place were all the children can play in the dirt, talk to each other, giggling and such....i love it here........like flys on sh$t

:blah: :blah: :blah:

jk

its cool cause i can load my pics on here and talk to people.....we'll since i can't load, im not on here as much.......i can't stand image station....ect

09-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
cause i can load my pics on here and talk to people.....we'll since i can't load, im not on here as much.......i can't stand image station....ect
:eek2: I think he is on to something here :D

Adam202
09-03-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
I go visit because its my home....a place were all the children can play in the dirt, talk to each other, giggling and such....i love it here........like flys on sh$t

:blah: :blah: :blah:

jk

its cool cause i can load my pics on here and talk to people.....we'll since i can't load, im not on here as much.......i can't stand image station....ect
your making kottonmouth kings look bad......

Dan_Guetter
09-03-2003, 06:00 PM
eat it

09-04-2003, 10:14 AM
i found this site when i was playin atv offroad fury2 and i was gonna sign up for my first tourny and someone said to go to exriders.com and register and then post ur atv fury user name in some post so thats what i did. i thought that i was only gonna use exriders for signing up for tournies but after about a month or so, i started reading all the threads and started coming on more often and now im hooked. i've learned so much about quads over the time that ive been a member here

monkeyboy
09-05-2003, 12:21 PM
i cuum heer 2 leeern booout ma tecotttty:bandit:

09-06-2003, 07:07 PM
i come here for the sheer weirdness that a monkey can actually type :huh

QuadJunkies
09-06-2003, 10:53 PM
i come here for the sheer weirdness that a monkey can actually type :huh LOL!!!!!:p

Punk'd
09-07-2003, 02:03 PM
i come here because it rocks!!!:blah: