PDA

View Full Version : will it hurt my motor if i!!!!!

Sporttrax400ex
08-26-2003, 02:30 PM
if i put outlaw racing octane booster in with my gas will it hurt my motor. how will it do in horsepower will i be able to tell a difference.

08-26-2003, 02:50 PM
i have only heard bad things from that stuff... Iwouldnt use it, I heard its a waste of money but I have never actually seen it perform so take my advice lightly :blah:

Out_Sider
08-26-2003, 03:20 PM
would it be safe to run 110 leaded gas in my 300ex???? i was thinking of doin it, but kinda scared too

nakomis0
08-26-2003, 03:31 PM
That octane boost is bad for the motor, it makes it run hot or something like that.

If you have a stock compression machine, the extra octane will do nothing and some say it even makes ya go slower. Don't waste your money.

As far as 110 in your 11:1 compression 300ex, you can run it. A 50/50 mix of 110 and 93 octane would be better.

bmw500hp
08-26-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
uh...leaded? :uhoh: i think you want to stick with unleaded gas:ermm:

Race gas such as Sunoco Cam-2 etc. contain lead. Lead is a bad word only to the Government, not to the quad. Racing fuel serves to help eliminate detonation and allow the higher compression motors to run cooler.

Big - D Racing
08-26-2003, 06:37 PM
lead is good for your engine, helps it run cooler. It just pollutes worse than unleaded that is why the gov't banned it. I run Vp c-12 race fuel straight, which is a 108 octane leaded gasoline with 12.5:1 true compression.

Big - D Racing
08-26-2003, 06:40 PM
:muscle: leaded is good stuff

wilkin250r
08-27-2003, 04:12 AM
Lead is good, it will actually help lubricate the engine.

Unless you have a high compression motor, running a higher octane gives you NOTHING.

Higher octane is not more power. Higher octane will be able to handle higher compression. It's the higher compression that gives you more power, not the higher octane. High octane in a regular motor will run slightly cooler (not much) but that's it. It won't give you more power.

300exOH
08-27-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Lead is good, it will actually help lubricate the engine.

Unless you have a high compression motor, running a higher octane gives you NOTHING.

Higher octane is not more power. Higher octane will be able to handle higher compression. It's the higher compression that gives you more power, not the higher octane. High octane in a regular motor will run slightly cooler (not much) but that's it. It won't give you more power.

I agree. Higher octane will only reduce engine knock in high compression engines and the lead just lubes your valves and valve seals. I've been told by a mechanic that the octane boost just produces extra heat in an engine.

promisc
08-27-2003, 06:30 AM
Running high octane fuel doesnt makes the engine running hotter(except if it contains ethanol or methanol), it makes it running cooler because it reduce the knocking(autoignition). In other hand, the stuff in octane booster(aromatics), like xylene, toluene or ethylbenzene are less volatile and burns more slowly than gasoline. So if you run 114 you might have poor performance but you cant damage your engine. Try ~94 and raise until the engine stop to knocks.

nakomis0
08-27-2003, 04:24 PM
Ok this is what i head about running high octane in a stock motor...

It doesn't have the compression to totally burn the gas. So the gas that doesnt burn completely slowly burns. Which will actually make your engine hotter. And I also heard because of this fuel not burning completely ,it could possible burn a hole in your piston.

I 've also heard people say they have seen it, but I cant verify this at all, its just something I heard along the way. Any truth to what I said up there?