PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices!!!!

MxDale71
08-26-2003, 01:52 PM
Ok, I don't watch the news ever, but with gas prices going up like crazy at this time of year, there has to be something being said about it in the news. So whats the deal? Why are the prices going up so much?!?!?!

I drive an older model Chevy w/ a 350 in it and I have to drive a total of 80+ minutes every day to go to college and back, so the gas drinkin truck burns about half a tank every day just going to college and back. Thats a total of about $15 a day on gas, 4 days a week. My parents are paying for my bike and my truck, and my dad said that buying a new (or new to me) Nissan truck would only cost $20 a month more than my truck is costing on gas alone, and he figured that by saying I was burning $10 a day on gas... so actually, a new truck would be cheaper.

How sad is that? The price of gas for my truck is more expensive than the payments would be on a new truck. So I guess I"m gonna be getting rid of Ol' Blue (my truck) and getting a little 4 cylinder Nissan truck. It'll be nice to be able to drive more than 2 hours w/o having to get some more gas, and it'll be REALLY nice to have air conditioning in this Texas heat!

Ok, this post really has nothing important to say, but DAMN! I just can't believe how expensive gas is getting. It's costing me a few trips to the track! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

MxDale71
08-26-2003, 01:58 PM
Ooops, didn't realize there is already a Gas Prices Post on here. Sorry.

FourFiftyFour
08-26-2003, 09:19 PM
Pete.. how many is that now to add to the list of things u have done to embarrass yourself in front of me :p :p LMAO its an evergrowing list i swear.....

maybe i shouldnt have said anything...... as i remember i put my turn signal for that curve the other day goin to splendora...... maybe its the Dale that does it! LOL :p :p

hahaha Pete isnt OUR quad sexy??? :devil:

spincr4hire
08-27-2003, 01:56 AM
they claim the gas price hikes are due to the power outages last week, I think its because of the labor day weekend coming up.

Rastus
08-27-2003, 10:57 AM
Yeah, my guess it's alittle of both. Outages, PLUS the weekend coming up.

Braff1
08-27-2003, 11:01 AM
It is just another reason to stick it to Joe/Jane Public.

MxDale71
08-27-2003, 01:31 PM
Well no matter what it is, it's getting out of hand. It's like a monopoly. I mean, ya we have different choices of companies we can go to, but what the he11 good are choices if all of them are just as expensive as the other.

The oil companies are just @ssholes that know we have to buy the gas so they can bump up the prices as much as they want. I think they need some kind of federal regulations on how high they can go... kind of like what they do w/ electric companies.