PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Update on their website

lt250r91
08-26-2003, 10:26 AM
Tuesday, August 26, 4:30 PM
National Number Update and GNCC Pre Entry
Warning: We looked through our results sheets and figured out which riders have raced five times in 2003. If you have raced five times, you can keep the number you've been racing with all season. If you have not raced five times, you will not be able to meet the nine-race requirement for GNCC points at the end of the season. Your number is no longer reserved.

GNCC pre entry has been dropped for the remainder of the 2003 season due to lack of response. All rider registration for GNCC events will once again take place with the smiling ladies at the GNCC registration trailer.

Wingnut
08-26-2003, 12:07 PM
I hate that about the pre-entry. The small turnout is what made it faster, and wasn't that the whole point?

lt250r91
08-26-2003, 12:11 PM
I know that stinks that they're not going to have the pre entry anymore. Oh Well back to waiting in the thoughs long lines and Rita and them not starting on time.

popo
08-26-2003, 11:54 PM
Seems to me the lines where getting longer for pre entry over the other. Especially at Rausch Creek.

Rumor has it was Racer Prod was getting charged 3% for every credit card charge. I guess a $1.20 subtracted from the $50.00 they take from each racer is a big loss to them.

More money for the Mullet man to tear tape down.:mad:

465Stroker
08-27-2003, 12:06 AM
I was a huge fan of pre-registration. Longest I ever waited in line was 10 minutes compaired to over 2 hours last year in the regular line. The biggest complaint was that there was not enough interest - I could not beleive the number of fellow racers I saw every weekend waiting in the same old line for over an hour or more :confused: It was a great idea - and I would gladly pay $2.00 more to offset the cost if that was the true reason.

660bigdaddy
08-27-2003, 10:08 AM
i wonder if it has more to do w/ the bike side of things? since there is more of them. i loved the pre register setup. worked out great for me!

12gofast
08-27-2003, 06:38 PM
It sux....I used it for every race I ran this year.

465....look for me Sat morning...Ive got something for you

86atc250r
08-28-2003, 03:43 AM
Sorry about the pre-reg guys - I was involved in making that work.

The reason I got was that they wanted to get at least 25% of the racers using it - we always fell shy of that number. Not sure that was a realistic goal without giving it more time and exposure. I wonder how many people weren't aware that you could pre-reg online?

Funny thing is it seemed like there were more ATV guys using it than bikes.

Personally, I think they should have given it more exposure on their website - maybe a button on the left menubar would have helped.

Those of you who used it, is there anything you did not like about the online sign up? Maybe I can make a case for it, improve it, and get them to try again next season.
:ermm:

03GNCC270
08-28-2003, 03:53 AM
PREREGISTRATION WORKED GREAT. I USED IT FOR ALL 8 RACES THIS YEAR. CAN'T WAIT TO WAIT IN LINE FOR A COUPLE HOURS IN TAYLORSTOWN.

Wingnut
08-28-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
Those of you who used it, is there anything you did not like about the online sign up? Maybe I can make a case for it, improve it, and get them to try again next season.

The biggest problem I had was that it would be taken off the site at about 5pm on Wednesday. I wasn't always positive I was going until after that. Personally, I think that just one more day would have helped a lot. Sometimes I would not even think about it until I started cleaning up my stuff on Thursday.

86atc250r
08-28-2003, 04:38 AM
Very true -

Most of the pre-reg's would flow in, in the "11th hour". An additional day may have made a big difference.

One of the reasons for the early cutoff is so that the people who process the orders have time to get it done, then travel to the races.

One pre-reg system that worked really well was Loretta Lynn's Amateur MX. That's probably because those people knew well in advance that they were going to attend.

popo
08-28-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
Sorry about the pre-reg guys - I was involved in making that work.

The reason I got was that they wanted to get at least 25% of the racers using it - we always fell shy of that number. Not sure that was a realistic goal without giving it more time and exposure. I wonder how many people weren't aware that you could pre-reg online?

Funny thing is it seemed like there were more ATV guys using it than bikes.

Personally, I think they should have given it more exposure on their website - maybe a button on the left menubar would have helped.

Well, I give you guys an "A" for effort. It was nice to have... and I think more than 25% used it. Especially for the racers who traveled all night, getting in late, fighting to find a spot to pit, unload, register get dressed just in time to make the morning race start.

I did notice that, the pre register folks would have to go interrupt the girls in the trailer to resolve some errors made on the pre register forms. And them girls where not happy……

gncc571
08-29-2003, 03:17 AM
I think if they are not going to do pre-entry they need to open sign up earlier on Friday.I believe that would help out the people getting there on Saturday morning alot.

jja125
08-29-2003, 05:33 AM
what time do they open up sign up on friday now? i might go down friday and sign up and then come back saturdya morning if thats possible