PDA

View Full Version : starting problems

honda250xrider
08-26-2003, 10:20 AM
hi, my honda 250x will fire and gets great spark. it just never starts up............. i've tried rolling it and popping the clutch it just fires but never starts..... the carb is flowing gas and the boot is good on the carb and the airbox. the spark is excellent and i doupt if thats the problem..... i have changed cdi's and still no luck.. does anyone have a clue of what this could be.... im pretty sure it would be in the eltrical system somewhere.... im almost wondering if the top part of the wiring harness is bad.... or a bad tether switch or something like that....... i did check my tether switch with a voltage tester......... and i got nothing im not sure if you are supposed to recieve anything on this or not if anyone could please help it would be great

spliffy
08-26-2003, 11:08 AM
Be sure that the compression release valve is working properly.... by making sure its shutting after you kick it.... just lube it good & move it around or take the cable off & kick it over & see if it works... just an idea.. the cable on my old 250x was froze before & it wouldn't start.

honda250xrider
08-26-2003, 11:56 AM
thats a good idea for another person thats having trouble. i forgot to mention that i have the compression release removed. good info though