PDA

View Full Version : hey pappy

luvmyex
08-26-2003, 10:02 AM
Youve probably done this as much or more than anyone else.When your putting the engine back in one of them nicely PC'd frames you do, is there any tricks you know to keep from scratching it all up? Id hate to screw up a newly pc'd frame.Thanks dude.
One more question.what do ya think would look better with a silvervien swingarm,subframe. Solid black or with gold sparkles in the black?

Pappy
08-26-2003, 10:17 AM
i didnt use anything when i installed my engine....but its probly a good idea. id say use heavy mil tape to protect the area and just becareful.

i prefer just black.

luvmyex
08-26-2003, 10:22 AM
thanks i was thinking about a towel but tape sounds good too. I went with black but thought about the sparkels after i left.

Pappy
08-26-2003, 10:43 AM
just remember the short engine spacers go on the left(shifter side) of the engine:rolleyes:

i have made that mistake:o

actually i blamed it on the wife:devil:

L.Vegas400
08-26-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
actually i blamed it on the wife:devil:
she was showing her 'stuff' and you got distracted. that happens to me all the time.:eek2:

luvmyex
08-27-2003, 03:20 AM
lmao women tend to do that dont they:rolleyes: I puy the spacers back on the bolts the way they came off just so that wouldnt happen. Cant wait to get all this back togeather.Not riding for 6-8 weeks has been killing me.

UglyMotha™
08-27-2003, 04:48 AM
i always take a towl and lay where the motor sets and then i set the motor in place and let it rest on the towl then i temporarily put the swingarm bolt in place thru the motor and then all in one motion pick the front of the motor up with one hand letting it pivot on the swingarm bolt and pull the towl out from underneath the motor and insert the rest of the bolts before letting go of the motor :p

muff
08-27-2003, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
i always take a towl and lay where the motor sets and then i set the motor in place and let it rest on the towl then i temporarily put the swingarm bolt in place thru the motor and then all in one motion pick the front of the motor up with one hand letting it pivot on the swingarm bolt and pull the towl out from underneath the motor and insert the rest of the bolts before letting go of the motor :p

ditto it works for me to