PDA

View Full Version : boat for oil changing stripped

300expower
08-26-2003, 09:15 AM
DAMN!

that's wut i said when i saw that!

last time i changed my oil, i torqued a lil too much the boat:macho

then i came today to unscrew that boat, and some metal went out with the boat, it was the metal that is out of the motor. it is like that, i will try to put you an image, anyway, that's not the worst.

then there was no more oil in the motor, i came to put back the boat, and it screwed, but like butter. damn i'm not lucky:ermm:

now, what would you do? just go with a tap will do the job?

or i would like that my bank account let me do this, change the motor for a 350x:D :D :D :D but i didnt think so. and oh, does anybody here has a good 350x to sell for cheap?:blah:

spliffy
08-26-2003, 11:12 AM
Boat = BOLT?? :confused:

RIjon
08-26-2003, 11:35 AM
Please go to School

08-26-2003, 11:43 AM
ok what u gotta do is go to the auto parts store and by the next size up tap. Then tap the hole out and buy a bolt that fits it then get a RUBBER washer and put it on there and ur all set.

300ex4wheel
08-26-2003, 01:48 PM
I bet if you went to the parts store and ask for a new boat they would completely understand. ha ha

300expower
08-26-2003, 03:16 PM
;) ;) i know, i'm french so excuse my faults!

but do i need to take apart the motor base, i mean the piece that has the hole to drain oil? cause i think there could be some lil metal parts in there, damaging the tranny.

so all i need to do is go to uap/napa (nearest auto parts store here) with my bolt, and ask him a tap next size or the second next size, just to be sure, with the bolt that fit here, and do that my self? damn its ****in easy! also, do i need a bolt that can retain metal pieces? i mean, i know that the word in french is ''aimant'' but dont know in english.

thanks, these replies just made me so glad:devil: :devil: i was thinking about taking it to the dealer or so, and it would have costed over 200$ canadian to do ****in tap job.:macho

08-27-2003, 09:50 AM
yup thats all u need to do. And to make sure u got all the crap outa ur oil tank wash it out with some gas. No magnetic bolt is requried just wash it out. Then your set don't forget about the rubber washer or it will probably leak. But thats all u gotta do if u have anymore questions pm me.

300expower
08-27-2003, 11:14 AM
i went with getting it to the dealer anyway, i was gonna put an helicoil on it, but i called my dealer just to ask him what he would do, he said no helicoil in that, he will just make other threads and put a BOLT;) in there, and he will pose my clutch cable, cause it takes me over 30 min to take ot that ****, so i said my bike is here put that.

thanks anyways for the replies, but i think that if its the dealer that does the job, ill be more safe.

300expower
08-28-2003, 02:45 PM
damn, the dealer just called me, the motor base is cracked :huh
damn i'm strong!:macho

400$ canadian for a new base,i dont wanna spend my money on a **** like that, i will say to the dealer to do anything the only thingi want is that my bike will run, ill sell it next summer and buy me a ds 650:macho :macho my dream machine:bandit: :bandit:

here are some pics of it, but now i got turf 22" and ill get a seat cover soon, prolly graves:devil:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p89bcb3cbab3ad6ec0084f2887c644248/fbaba9d8.jpg.orig.jpg