PDA

View Full Version : Correct me if I'm wrong, but.....

sly400ex
08-26-2003, 06:04 AM
Wasn't it the introduction of the 400EX that started all the newer, more modern craze that we have today? My brother is trying to tell me that it was the introduction of the LTZ 400 that started getting everbody back in the game(manufacturers):rolleyes: I know that's not true, but it wasn't really as popular until the 400EX was released, was it? :confused:

300exOH
08-26-2003, 06:09 AM
I'd have to say the 250R really started it but after all the law suits everyone was afraid to try to compete. The 400ex just resparked the flame. JMO

Narly R
08-26-2003, 06:11 AM
A little bit, lots of people freked out and just HAD to have it when it came out, then there was the raptor,z,preditor,yfz.... but our sport has grown A LOT since the realease of the ex, so it defently helped the sport! But if it wasnt for the r it woulda never started...

08-26-2003, 06:12 AM
the 1985 lt 250r started it then it died out then the 400ex brought it back and got everyone back into it

Narly R
08-26-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
I'd have to say the 250R really started it but after all the law suits everyone was afraid to try to compete. The 400ex just resparked the flame. JMO

EGZACLY!:cool:

300exOH
08-26-2003, 06:16 AM
Now I'd like to see the new Honda add some fuel to the flame:devil:

hondafox440
08-26-2003, 06:46 AM
I've heard about these law suits against Honda for the 250R, but what exactly were they over? Does anyone have a link explaining them or want to fill me in?

Pappy
08-26-2003, 06:56 AM
i dont remeber the particulair lawsuit....

but i do remeber you couildnt watch the news without hearing a story on another tragic atv death... most of the stories could be found to have a TON of negligence on the riders part....12 and 13 year old kids without helmets ....crazy stuff. the cpsc (or something like that) brought forth the suit against the manufactures with honda taking the brunt of the lawsuit.

basically it was all total BS...just another example of government blaming a company for the choices made by some real stupid people on atv's. not once did i hear of an atv attacking and killing a human:ermm:

Pappy
08-26-2003, 07:03 AM
just to give you guys an example....

a friend of mine was riding his 200x. he was late coming home so his dad went looking for him.....finally they called the cops. after an hour or so of searching they found him 30 some feet off teh road damn near dead. they police and the insurance company claimed it was atv related....police charged him with stupid traffic violations...insurance company refused to pay his medical treatments. he still has no recollection of the wreck....has no use of his right arm and limited use of his right leg.

the local paper was all over the story and the entire community was against atv's. noone...not even the cops would recognize the fact that he was hit by a car. there was shattered orange glass at the point where they found him in the field. back then noone cared if you rode along side the road from field to field....but the SOB that hit him left the scene. but..no proof no witnesses.....so he got screwed and the atv got the blame.

sly400ex
08-26-2003, 07:31 AM
I can actaully remeber back in the 80's when 20/20 and other programs would air shows on how dangerous it was to ride ATV's.:mad: This is what gets me. Just like anything else that is potentially dangerous, if you're irresponsible, bad things could and ussually do happen. Then that gives all the rest of us responsible riders/people a bad rap!:cuss:

Ryan
08-26-2003, 07:43 AM
Once the 400ex came back, everyone ran out and bought one. Thats what started the scene back up. After the popularity kept growing, we then saw Yamaha Raptors, Bombardiar DS650's, 4 Different Cannondale models, LTZ400's,KFX400's, polaris Preditors,Gas Gas Wild 300 2-strokes and 450 4-strokes, and now the YFZ450's. Not to mention, we will have another Honda on Spt 10th.

Since the 400ex was introduced, we now have a ton of atv's to choose from. And ATV racing is spreading like the black pagque ;)

lil400exman
08-26-2003, 07:46 AM
sly i feel ur pain i think i should go and steal all the atv's from reatrded ppl like mentioned above 13 yr old kids riding atv's:rolleyes: for example 2 brother were racing down a road at night in west virgina on 2 hill shooter banshees on rt 50 and they lost control and since they had no lights a truck hit them (they raced on the wrong side of the road) and killed them both now in ritchie county no riding of quads on secondary roads even.....idiots ruin it for all the good riders:(