PDA

View Full Version : White Brother Exhaust HELP

apalusso
08-26-2003, 03:22 AM
What I am asking what other things do I need to buy to make the installation of the WB E-series exhaust a bit easier? Are there other parts that I need to buy that do not come with e-series that I should consider?

Thanks

RytM1
08-26-2003, 07:37 AM
Are you talking about the s-bend, or the full system? Either way, there should be no special tools needed for install. It is a straight forward install, just remove a few bolts, take off the old pieces, put on the new pieces, and put the new bolts and (included) mounting hardware on. The only way to make it easier would be to have someone else do it for you.

mcmike
08-26-2003, 02:29 PM
You can save your self a lot of head scratching by applying orange high temp silicone around the pipe, if you are using the slip-on. Also put the silencer on, and carefully tighten the mounting hardware, to keep it from getting in a bind and causing it to crack. I was careful, and mine still cracked.:(

cals400ex
08-26-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by mcmike
You can save your self a lot of head scratching by applying orange high temp silicone around the pipe, if you are using the slip-on. Also put the silencer on, and carefully tighten the mounting hardware, to keep it from getting in a bind and causing it to crack. I was careful, and mine still cracked.:(

why are you putting high temp silicone around the pipe?

RytM1
08-27-2003, 01:02 AM
Mike, if yours cracked between the mid pipe and silencer, it wasn't because you tightened anything the wrong way, causing anything to bind. It's because of a flaw in White Bros. design, and it was bound to crack sooner or later. They finally realized this, and now make their E-series with a support bracket welded between those two points. If you go on their web site, you can see a pic of it on the S-bend. http://www.whitebrothers.com/PDFsections/ATVExhaust1.pdf

mcmike
08-27-2003, 03:16 PM
I used the silicone because the clamp that WB sent is more narrow than the expansion slits on the slip-on and it wouldn't seal all the way, causing it to backfire when I would let off of the throttle. After I had the silencer rewelded at the mid pipe, and the mounting tab on the side of the mid pipe, that attaches to the frame, rewelded, they haven't broken in the last year. This was done by a Pro TIG welder who has helped me more than anyone to keep me racing.

cals400ex
08-27-2003, 05:03 PM
or you could just buy the item # 8 in the pic.

www.servicehonda.com/hard%20parts/atv/trx400ex/trx400ex%20frames%20page.htm