08-25-2003, 06:28 PM
I like them!:devil:

CowsBitePeople
08-25-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
I like them!:devil: :macho

DEAL
08-25-2003, 06:54 PM
Whiskey in the jar , master of puppets , st anger and Battery are probably my favorite tunes by them.

K2Snow
08-25-2003, 06:57 PM
saw them in concert 2 weeks ago, very impressive

Narly R
08-25-2003, 06:58 PM
there ALL kick-arse!:devil:

black box films
08-25-2003, 06:59 PM
All hail the mighty MetallicA

-Bo

Bill Fuller
08-26-2003, 02:36 AM
They suck!!! Complete sell outs.:mad: They have not made a good album since before the Black album.There were only a few good songs on the Black album nothing since.I have seen them atleast 5 times,I wouldn't waste my money again.There was a reason Jason left...If you want to talk Metallica Ride the Lightening,Master of Puppets,Kill em All.Now there is some good music.

MSL
08-26-2003, 02:37 AM
Love the older hate the newer

Taco
08-26-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
They suck!!! Complete sell outs

sly400ex
08-26-2003, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by MSL

Couldn't agree more. They changed their style to stay in tune with the times. Not cool, that is selling out. I bet you anything if they didn't have their music and reputation from before, nobody would know who they are. Their old music is what defined them, not this crap that they try to pull off today.:scary:

lil400exman
08-26-2003, 02:49 AM
i like the song aint my b!tch.............. but u guys are right......old stuff good new stuff:rolleyes: i also like sublime......... who likes the riot song?

bradley300
08-26-2003, 03:02 AM
someone said it right on here once, so i will say it again- metallica has been around for 21 years now, they started the band when they were teenagers. now they are in thier late 30's. the same issues and problems they wrote about in there younger years are obselete now, they grew out of it.

i think they are still a great band (yes even st. anger has some great songs).

doing the same stuff day in and day out gets old, so they changed, i think the fans sold out more than the band.

spincr4hire
08-26-2003, 03:09 AM
Metallica is still one of the top bands live...:devil:

Ryan
08-26-2003, 03:30 AM
Metallica is an alright band. The only song I really enjoy from them is Enter Sandman. And some stuff when Dave Muestane (SP?) was in the band.

sickmojave
08-26-2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by MSL

300exOH
08-26-2003, 03:39 AM
They suck!!! Complete sell outs.:mad: They have not made a good album since before the Black album.There were only a few good songs on the Black album nothing since.I have seen them atleast 5 times,I wouldn't waste my money again.There was a reason Jason left...If you want to talk Metallica Ride the Lightening,Master of Puppets,Kill em All.Now there is some good music.

I'm with you. The new Mefallica SUCKS!!! They totally went against what their music was about in the beginning.

BTW Dave Mustaine only helped write most of the early music. He didn't tour with them at all. They completely stole his music. You can thank those whiney *****es for putting an end to free music sites like Napster.

The jokes on them. I burned every Metallica tune I could find including a lot of rare material. I will never pay for their music. hahahahaha...

sly400ex
08-26-2003, 03:45 AM
I remember I use to watch Cliff Em' All on a daily basis! He was anawesome bassist! :macho

"Metal up your A--!":devil:

QuadJunkies
08-26-2003, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by DEAL
Any Metallica fans?
I think they kick arse. Metallica is the Bomb!!!!!!!:blah: :macho . They came to Boise along time back and I had tickets to go to the concert, well I was forced in a bad spot and had to go to work so I gave up my ticket.Well, later that night after consert a few family mambers went to a later dinner and guess who came in for a later dinner too..........:eek2: I missed out on having dinner with all of them that night and my sis-in-law got to hang instead.....:mad: Have any of you ever got to hang with any big musicians before???

hondafox440
08-26-2003, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
someone said it right on here once, so i will say it again- metallica has been around for 21 years now, they started the band when they were teenagers. now they are in thier late 30's. the same issues and problems they wrote about in there younger years are obselete now, they grew out of it.

i think they are still a great band (yes even st. anger has some great songs).

doing the same stuff day in and day out gets old, so they changed, i think the fans sold out more than the band.

A big effin' word to that. Metallica is by far my favorite band. I can only think of a handful of songs from them that I don't like, and almost all are off of St. Anger.

WickedJenDol300
08-26-2003, 04:38 AM
True fan to the end.........even though I like their old stuff better.........I just saw then two wweks agon on their Summer Santatarium tour in Los Angeles......they kicked ***.........

Really getting into Limp right now......Love that song .... Eat you alive......always reminds me of canabal corpse eaten back to life.

400exmom
08-26-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by sickmojave
i can play anything off "killem all" on my guitar

sweet300ex
08-26-2003, 05:05 AM
old metallica-:devil:
new metallica-:ermm:

black box films
08-26-2003, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH

BTW Dave Mustaine only helped write most of the early music. He didn't tour with them at all. They completely stole his music. You can thank those whiney *****es for putting an end to free music sites like Napster.

The jokes on them. I burned every Metallica tune I could find including a lot of rare material. I will never pay for their music. hahahahaha...

Dave did not write most of the early stuff. He wrote a few of the riffs and solos, but not much more than that. James and Lars wrote pretty much everthing after that during the record support tours and in their down time. So whenever they went into the studio to record they had pretty much everything set. Not untill St. Anger did they come into a studio to record and not have anything written.

I don't know what "Rare" stuff you burnt, 'cause Metallica is very anal about putting out unreleased tracks. Unless its cover songs, bootleg shows,
and such, don't worry. They don't make any money off of those.

...There was a reason Jason left...

Jason did not leave because they were selling out, he left 'cause they treeted him like a puppet, and never let him contribute much. If you listen to the new voivod record you can tell Jason had alot of influence on it.

Originally posted by MSL

Originally posted by sly400ex
Couldn't agree more. They changed their style to stay in tune with the times. Not cool, that is selling out. I bet you anything if they didn't have their music and reputation from before, nobody would know who they are. Their old music is what defined them, not this crap that they try to pull off today.:scary:

I agree the older stuff is better, but what band that has been around for 20+ years has stayed the same. Ozzy is not the same as he was 20 years ago. If you don't evolve as a musician, you burn out and die.

All you Killswitch fans, listen closely, compare thier stuff with some of the old school Metallica records. I think you'll be pleased.

One last rant then I'm done. If it was not for Black Sabbath, there would not be heavy metal. Sabbath created metal, Metallica perfected it. These two bands are the main reason we have a metal music scene today. If you ask any band who there main influences are, these two bands will be on that list.

-Bo

Bill Fuller
08-26-2003, 05:32 AM
I never said he left because of them selling out,heck he was part of it.James is NOT a singer he needs to stop.One killed metallica the video radio play ...etc.The last concert I went to of Metallica's I had a group (not my group) who didn't no any songs from anything earlier than And Justice for All.What a shame.If you were around when they came out(yes I was)you would understand my feelings.They were totally against the norm...no radio,no media coverage blah blah blah.That is what made them a great band.Kids could recognize with them and not have to see a hundred kids wearing the same shirt they had.They were a huge influance on many bands,but that doesn't make them the greatest.Do any of you listen to Megadeth?Mustain is truley an artist,4 albums (in the beginning) with a different band each time now there is talent.All the whining Metallica does about bootleg copies of thier chit thats how you got to know them in the beggining......they were truley an underground band.What happened,they should be happy to have someone listen to thier music.I would like to take a poll and see how old some of you "Metallica is the greatest" people are.Now if you would have asked me that when I was 17 I surely would have said Metallica.But that was back when Master Of Puppets and Garage Days was out and we all thought this might be the end when Cliff Burton was killed.

300exOH
08-26-2003, 05:50 AM
Please don't EVER compare Ozzy to Metallica again! Yes Ozzy has changed but he still tries to put on the best show he can. Meatallica is just in it for the $$$cash$$$ they even admitted it. Without Dave Mustaine's input I believe they would've never got off the ground. This St Anger album is some of the worst CRAP I've ever heard. It sounds like KORN on crack.

bradley300
08-26-2003, 05:57 AM
i do agree with you to a point bill, but if you are an underground band with a huge contract put in your face, would you say,"nope,keep your big contract and awesome sell out shows, we wanna stay in $hitty bars all our lives playing for basicly nothing.

not selling out is an attitude, not a reality. nobody statrsa band to play in bars forever

DEAL
08-26-2003, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
i do agree with you to a point bill, but if you are an underground band with a huge contract put in your face, would you say,"nope,keep your big contract and awesome sell out shows, we wanna stay in $hitty bars all our lives playing for basicly nothing.

not selling out is an attitude, not a reality. nobody statrsa band to play in bars forever

Hes right. I know almost everyone in that position wouldn't turn it down.
Even you or I.

300exOH
08-26-2003, 06:05 AM
You're right. But it's supposed to be about the music. In the beginning they talked about playing for the fans. They went against everything thier music stood for in the beginning. Most of the early fans listened to them because of the rebellious attitudes. Now they come out with this mindless music that pretty much anyone can play. What ever happened to the awesome solo's and intricate guitar work? Now they sound like the friggin Ramones. The same three notes over and over...

DEAL
08-26-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
You're right. But it's supposed to be about the music. In the beginning they talked about playing for the fans. They went against everything thier music stood for in the beginning. Most of the early fans listened to them because of the rebellious attitudes. Now they come out with this mindless music that pretty much anyone can play. What ever happened to the awesome solo's and intricate guitar work? Now they sound like the friggin Ramones. The same three notes over and over...

Like I said you can't argue with millions of dollars.
You can't produce music for 21 years and keep the same sound because eventually people will get tired and stop buying records. (well not true fans).
By changing their sound they appeal to diffrent people who are into diffrent kinds of music. Thus selling more records.

sly400ex
08-26-2003, 07:41 AM
[i]

I agree the older stuff is better, but what band that has been around for 20+ years has stayed the same. Ozzy is not the same as he was 20 years ago. If you don't evolve as a musician, you burn out and die.

-Bo [/B]

I agree you have to evolve, but they evolved into some that doesn't satisfy 90% of their original fan base. I AM NOT MEANING TO FLAME HERE, but it seems that the only fans they have now days, are younger kids. Why not try to appeal to fans that grew up listening to them? They're still trying to impress teenage kids, but we, the ones that grew up listening to them, are not teenage kids anymore!:eek: (Still act like it though:devil: )

08-26-2003, 08:15 AM
My favorite Metallica shirt....:D

QuadTrix6
08-26-2003, 08:30 AM
i saw metallica in concert at DFP7 i was very disapointed :ermm:

SlapNutz
08-26-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Rico
My favorite Metallica shirt....:D

riocos, thads wat we is gona doe ta brokeitboye:mad: :cuss:

,.;:devil: :bandit:

monkeyboy
08-26-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by SlapNutz
riocos, thads wat we is gona doe ta brokeitboye:mad: :cuss:

,.;:devil: :bandit:

ded meeet :mad:

NTPRacing#19
08-26-2003, 09:09 AM
you know what tho. metallica may have lost some fans but they also gained new fans as well with their new tone. i like all their music

Bill Fuller
08-26-2003, 10:54 AM
My favorite shirt.....Alcohollica:D Did any one go see them when they toured on the Monsters of Rock tour?Ozzy, G&R and Metallica.whew I'm still hi from that concert:D '88 I believe

Black400
08-26-2003, 11:25 AM

totally agree..... but you left out And Justice for All.... thats a great album!

Moto440
08-26-2003, 11:34 AM
Cliff Burton did rock, and I did really like the song One. Some of thier early stuff did really rock, and they were pioneers in metal. HOWEVER...........They have not been good in a long time, and that Napster stuff was just plain silly. Lars is a HO! He should not have been such a baby about all that stuff.:o

400exmom
08-26-2003, 11:35 AM
the only album i liked after cliff burton was garage days~ my son guy says to tell you they stinck~~ cuz of the napster deal<greadybassserds>like there not filthy rich enough:huh

Moto440
08-26-2003, 11:53 AM
Tell em girl!!!!!:muscle:

redroost85
08-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Bill Fuller you are right on dude! I would take the old Metallica any day over this new schiz. My personal favorite is Master of Puppets. I think I still have a tour shirt from '86. Gosh, Ride the Lightning, Kill'em all........the Cliff Burton days were the best!

That Metallica, my friends still and will always kick great American ***!:devil:

PHIL_B54
08-26-2003, 01:22 PM
There were only a few good songs on the Black album nothing since.

:eek: wow, maybe we dont have the same black album...

i have to say the stuff in the middle is the best. the really old stuff reminds me of messy-noise. and st anger kinda reminds me of the same thing. i will listen to both, because its still better than alot of stuff, but give me black, or justice for all anyday

i dont know why people *****, ive been to 2 concerts now and they play 90% great middle stuff anyway.

Bill Fuller
08-26-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Black400
totally agree..... but you left out And Justice for All.... thats a great album! Read closer I said before the Black album.....Blackened,Harvester of soroes(sp?)Kick *****.I also like One there were other good songs on that album.That album was probably the cleanest sounding of thier recent stuff.The Bass the drums the guitar very clean.That is when the hooked up with a rock producer(I forget the name but he was the same guy who produced Bon Jovi) I think it was Bob Rock.Black album.....name 2 good songs....other than Enter Sandman or Unforgiven.I waited eagerly for the release of the Black album.......but I was totally unimpressed.Skid Row had an album out at the same time and I thought it was harder than the Black album.Anthrax,Megadeth,Metallica I could have qouted thier stuff word for word back in the day.

Guy400
08-26-2003, 02:49 PM
They suck!!! Complete sell outs.:mad: They have not made a good album since before the Black album.There were only a few good songs on the Black album nothing since.I have seen them atleast 5 times,I wouldn't waste my money again.There was a reason Jason left...If you want to talk Metallica Ride the Lightening,Master of Puppets,Kill em All.Now there is some good music. Amen. I challenge anyone to listen to "Blackened" from the "...And Justice for All." album and then listen to "St. Anger". If you can begin to say they're as good now as they were then you'd be smoking crack.

Guy400
08-26-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Have any of you ever got to hang with any big musicians before??? I had some greeen smocke with Sevendust when they came to B.B. McClain's when I was in college. I also drank myself into oblivion twice with Pantera. There's a local band that does Pantera covers and they're damn good. Whenever Pantera would come to NE Ohio they'd come down to Sadie Rene's if 'Cowboys from Hell' (cover band) was playing. I also drank a beer in Coal Chamber's bus.

bradley300
08-26-2003, 03:35 PM
actually bill, bob rocks first album was METALLICA, justice was thier worst produced album. the snare sounded like lars was hitting cardboard and there was virtually no bass guitar (it was drowned out by overly loud lars and james) jason almost quit when he heard the album b/c of the lack of bass.

and for you that dont like the black album, please explain why it sells right around 1,000,000 copies a year 13 years after its release?

Bill Fuller
08-26-2003, 03:40 PM
You do know thats a million don't you?I find it hard to believe.I am pretty sure that Bob Rock had done other stuff before he hooked up with Metallica.Sounds like you know your stuff(except for that 1,000,000 statement)I may be wrong and I'm not afraid to admit it.:rolleyes:

bradley300
08-26-2003, 04:01 PM
i thought you where talking about bob rocks work with metallic prior to the black album., yes he was the producer for bon jovi for quite a while, and actually chose metallica over BJ for the black album.

also, if you would like to borrow the dvd where cliff bernstien (thier manager) states that it does still sell right around a million copies a year, i bring it to the next race.

PHIL_B54
08-26-2003, 04:16 PM
name 2 good songs....other than Enter Sandman or Unforgiven.

sad but true, wherever i may roam, and nothing else matters are the 3 more of the well known ones on the album.

my first black album was so scratched it had to be put to rest. i copied my new one so i always have skippless metallica:D

sly400ex
08-26-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Amen. I challenge anyone to listen to "Blackened" from the "...And Justice for All." album and then listen to "St. Anger". If you can begin to say they're as good now as they were then you'd be smoking crack.
blackened...badASS song..go on brother GUY.....you speak the troofff!!!!:D

bradley300
08-26-2003, 04:27 PM
just in case anyone want to know, this is not as new of a topic as most think, people have been saying metallica sold out since "fade to Black"

battery is one of my favorites by the way, along with Call of the Ktulu

sly400ex
08-26-2003, 04:31 PM
You mean the "black album".....fade to black and black album are two different things:rolleyes: and yes, that is when they started seperating themselves.....

bradley300
08-26-2003, 04:37 PM
yes, fade to black the song, not the black album. most people thought they sold out because thrash wasnt supposed to have slow songs. now everyone thinks its a kickass song.

for anyone interested in the august issue of guitar magazine, there is an awsome aticle on the history of thrash (metal) with with interviews from slayer, megadeth,metallica,exodus and pantera.

QuadJunkies
08-26-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I had some greeen smocke with Sevendust when they came to B.B. McClain's when I was in college. I also drank myself into oblivion twice with Pantera. There's a local band that does Pantera covers and they're damn good. Whenever Pantera would come to NE Ohio they'd come down to Sadie Rene's if 'Cowboys from Hell' (cover band) was playing. I also drank a beer in Coal Chamber's bus. Very cool!!!!! I had a chance back in the day to party in a Siute with a few Bands ..But I chickened out :o My frineds were hangin with there jealous B/F so they couldnt go and I wasnt about to go alone.........:eek2:

Moto440
08-27-2003, 07:00 PM
namedroppin:ermm:

08-28-2003, 06:36 AM
I"ve seen them in concert about 5 times,,and yes Bill i seen them way back in 88 or whenever it was.. Pretty crazy for sure...

The new Metallica makes me feel like dancin.....http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/dancingrico.gif

Doibugu2
08-28-2003, 07:16 AM

The new Metallica makes me feel like dancin.....http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/dancingrico.gif

Dammmn your uglier than Ugly!:eek:

Black400
08-30-2003, 02:19 PM
Read closer I said before the Black album.....Blackened,Harvester of soroes(sp?)Kick *****.I also like One there were other good songs on that album.That album was probably the cleanest sounding of thier recent stuff.The Bass the drums the guitar very clean.That is when the hooked up with a rock producer(I forget the name but he was the same guy who produced Bon Jovi) I think it was Bob Rock.Black album.....name 2 good songs....other than Enter Sandman or Unforgiven.I waited eagerly for the release of the Black album.......but I was totally unimpressed.Skid Row had an album out at the same time and I thought it was harder than the Black album.Anthrax,Megadeth,Metallica I could have qouted thier stuff word for word back in the day.

I didnt read your second post i was replying to your first post and you said nothing about blackened. But Master of puppets and Killem all are prolly my faves.

300exrider99
08-30-2003, 03:28 PM
They suck!!! Complete sell outs.:mad: They have not made a good album since before the Black album.There were only a few good songs on the Black album nothing since.I have seen them atleast 5 times,I wouldn't waste my money again.There was a reason Jason left...If you want to talk Metallica Ride the Lightening,Master of Puppets,Kill em All.Now there is some good music. I agree 100%

Bean
08-30-2003, 06:00 PM
i like just about all the cd's from them

for whom the bell tolls
enter sandman
king nothing

are their best songs i think

JTRtrx250r
08-30-2003, 11:24 PM
My favorite Metallica shirt....:D LOL,I still have mine too........from 7th grade:blah: lmao

alot of you dudes need to understand they've matured musically and bangin' out thrash all day gets old,when they where zit-faced kids....they played to entertain zit-faced kids,Ive been jammin' the drums for almost 16 yrs and at the beginning..they were inspirational,now days...Im not into playin like that anymore myself,the only thing "tech" about speed-metal is staying on time haha,give them ol kojers a break,soon they'll be needing Metamusil(sp?)just to survive a show:blah:

MxDale71
08-31-2003, 03:19 AM
Not a huge Metalica fan... I think bands like Acid Bath, Tool, Mudvayne ("World So Cold" is my favorite song), 36 Crazy Fists, Fair to Midland, Sum Sarah, and some of those bands are truely great. Most people haven't heard of any of those guys except for Tool and Mudvayne, but there is a lot of "undiscovered" music out there that is truely badass, but in a world full of boy bands, and rap music, they don't get the appreciation they deserve.

phatswinn
08-31-2003, 06:16 AM

the black album is my favorite, they made that album in memory of there guitarist that got killed on tour when the bus flipped over on black ice, everything metallica is good, even there new chit