PDA

View Full Version : A MX Track in NC

Evan
01-27-2002, 05:02 PM
Any ride MX in NC. I live near a little town called Hillsborough. Today I went riding at a track inside the city limits of Hillsborough. For me it is a great track. Lots of different stuff, do able doubles, downhill jumps, uphill jumps tabletops, whoops etc. Well I got to ride on it today for only my second time, and already I can do everything but one long tabletop. I didnt realize how out of shape I was in untill I raced a guy with a stock 400EX for about 6 laps non stop and the laps are about 2 minutes long, when I got done my arms felt they would drop off, and we werent just cruising around we both were riding to the limit on each lap. I could catch him and I was all over him but there just wasnt a good place to pass safely. There was about 6 400 and a RM125 and a raptor out there. Needless to say the raptor was the only one that went home broken. This guy has had nothing but bad luck, well he is 6foot 8 and 220# so that might have something to do with it. Its not that he treats his stuff bad, stuff just happens to him like first he a had a Scrambler like mine and he went through 3 trannys and an axle and who knows what else. On the Raptor hes gone through 2 trannys and 1 swingarm, and he just cracked another today and it was acting up, like it sounded like he spun a bearing and he found gas in his oil. Sorry for the long post but if anyone who likes MX in NC would like to ride on this track let me know, the guy charges 10 a person to ride all day, mostly every other sunday or else we schdule a set time. Heres some pics please leave feedback.

This is the guy on the Raptor jumping the uphill jump(I have to hit in 3rd pinned to clear it)

Evan
01-27-2002, 05:04 PM
The starting lineup. The raptor got the holeshot and then the yellow 400 and then the 125 and the other 400s

Evan
01-27-2002, 05:07 PM
Down hill jump no.1 most of the time you land where the sun light is sometimes if you are going too fast you can land where the dirt pile is.

Evan
01-27-2002, 05:10 PM
This is a downhill in the track that happens to be located on some powerlines and you go up on the left hand side then go around a berm and jump back down the hill and land on that little down ramp. This jump is decieving it looks like a killer but you can hit easily mid throttle in 2nd and land perfect.

Evan
01-27-2002, 05:13 PM
Here is a better shot of the uphill. The pic is decieving it looks small but its not, the ramp is really steep. This a fun jump if you do it right.

This is the last pic, I wish I had someone to take pics of me jumping but they all wanted to ride instead so......

NJ300ex
01-27-2002, 05:34 PM
Did they just build that track? It looks like they did because there are cut down trees everywhere.

Evan
01-28-2002, 09:27 AM
They just built it about 3-4 months ago but the trees were cut down from logging the guy had done a while back.

Tommy 17
01-28-2002, 07:27 PM
the jumps look kool and its got a good dirt on it... i hope noone hits a tree though if u wreck...

callen74
01-28-2002, 10:46 PM
X-rider,
When's the next time that are you going to ride there? I might go up there and check it out. It's only about two hours from here so just let me know and I'll probably come and ride with yall.

Evan
01-28-2002, 11:15 PM
I will let you know the next time we ride. We usally ride on a sunday and start riding around 1oclock.