PDA

View Full Version : is there any important mantaince tha i need to be aware of for my new pipe

yellowrider
01-27-2002, 04:43 PM
what kind of maintance should i be doing to the e series pipe it has mud all up in it... and also the head pipe burned my paints to the pipe anyays is there anything i need to watch out for or anything that i should be awarre of cause i have no instrcutions
anyways thanks in adance

"BLAHH"300!!
01-27-2002, 04:58 PM
what kind of pants were you wearin.?......my D.G. head pipe is like that though...melts a big hole in the side of my plastic....i hate that..i doesn't have a heat guard on it..you know..that silver stuff....i was thinking of putting some sort of cover over it "sheet metal" makin' it fix to the frame back there and go over the top of the pipe about 1/2 or 1 inch higher...and letting the plastic ride on that if i ever get another set a rear plastic for it....

...how did you get mud all up in your pipe..where is the mud...<<"..HAS MUD ALL UP IN IT..">>

yellowrider
01-28-2002, 04:38 PM
hey its on the outside of the pipe .

anyways i read that over and it doesn't make to much since so here goes again.

i have black stuff from my paints all over the head pipe it looks horrible and it wont come off with water and a towl so how am i supposed to get it off without straching the head pipe..

also should i get the outerwear for my new air filter?? and also could i switch back to my stock air filter when the kn is to dirty ??

how would it affect my power to switch or add disk. and how to make that loud SOB QUIETER that thing is loud and not to many of my neighbors like it. i think it sounds awesome though.

it sounds like it backfires when i let off the gas is it supposed to do that??

and by your alls opinion how much horses do you think i gain?
(the reason why i ask this is because i cant really tell.... but i havent got a chance to open it up either i just been trail riding i am going to wait and let my rings set and make sure everything goes right this time. anyways me in this other dude on a 300ex all stock but he had some rear 400ex radials we are almost dead even from the start and i have maxxis all traks... do you think that is why he is dead even with me???

oh well i like my set up i can now crawl up some hills that i barly could going fast with those tires they grip really well in also great in mud. YOU CANT DO A DONUT THOUGH. really easy doing a wheelie when you are trying to race and hammer on the throttle.

well this pipe burn my plastic?

"BLAHH"300!!
01-28-2002, 06:06 PM
...it's melting (black)to your head pipe..??.....>>..(unless it's a chrome head pipe.)..<<...take a sander and sand it all off.............if it's melted to the slip on it's self...and not chrome you can sand it there also...if (and i'm sure it is) it is aluminum.....same as with this d.g. i got melts the plastic on the head pipe and the slip-on...i sanded em' both...i had to heat the plastic up to get it soft then cut most of it off..then sand the reast away......i'm gettin' a new pipe here soon so it realy doesn't matter....
......and as far as the mud goes.....i'm guessin' by your last post..it's on the outside of the pipe.not the inside.....well it's on a quad man....it's ganna get dirty.....must be new huh.....if it has mud on the inside.um....give it gas when you go through mud.it'll blow it out.....won't let it in to begin with.....

01-28-2002, 06:31 PM
that metal heat tape u can buy at most any hardwear store... I had some intill I had to give some to NACS400ex for his new plastic and I had to put some on mine...

"BLAHH"300!!
01-28-2002, 06:38 PM
that silver heat stuff keeps the plastic from melting even with the fender resting right on the pipe..??..with only that silver stuff in between..???

yellowrider
01-28-2002, 06:53 PM
i have no idea what you guys are talking about i went out side scraped all the mud off my 4 wheeler and look at the rear plastic and it looks fine...
i am missing something here??

hey also the white brothers pipe gave me really nice gains i would recomend anybody with the pipe.

also the kn i checked it not to long ago it looks fine i dont see any dirt on it or my air box so i must be good to go i am still thinking about switching that thing i just dont trust it for some reason and i dont know why ...

400exBro
01-29-2002, 03:56 PM
I would check your valves more often. with the pipe it tends to have less back press so i would do it every 20 -30 hours of riding. i do any ways

yellowrider
01-29-2002, 05:51 PM
hey well my 4 wheeler is going back to the shop for the 4tth time and its a 2002 this time i did nothing wrong!! the first time wasnt my fault either but anywyas they forgot to put the bolt in by the spark plug now i have oil on top on the motor... i took some pics it is just getting them on here is the hard part. this really sucks
anyways my plastic is fine i look at it and it looks great. but over the weekend i was rididng through some water so that may be why it didnt heat my plastic all up anywyas i love this pipe but it seems to be a little loud cant wait to i get rid of these tires though they take some power away ..

anyways i counted the disk i am running 12 .. with the plate in the back ......
anywyas can i put the outerwear on it without rejeting ?? i wish i just could put my stock air filter back on but they said it would run a little rich anyways .. i love my whitebro pipe..
a friend down the road just has a slip on it didnt improve his bike to much though for soem reason .

since i am running 12 disk i am assuming i am getting the most power out of my pipe right ?

dirtclog
01-29-2002, 07:11 PM
uh what?

seriously here...your plastic should not be resting on any pipe...you have it installed wrong if plastic is touching the pipe. As for the "pants" melting to the headpipe...buy a heat shield from JAMES LUCKY 800-233-2637 (that is one on my 300ex).

As for the noise...take a couple disc's out and it will quiet down some...since it sounds like you haven't re-jetted you may be a little lean anyway...

Nausty
01-29-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by yellowrider
hey its on the outside of the pipe .

anyways i read that over and it doesn't make to much since so here goes again.

i have black stuff from my paints all over the head pipe it looks horrible and it wont come off with water and a towl so how am i supposed to get it off without straching the head pipe..

also should i get the outerwear for my new air filter?? and also could i switch back to my stock air filter when the kn is to dirty ??

how would it affect my power to switch or add disk. and how to make that loud SOB QUIETER that thing is loud and not to many of my neighbors like it. i think it sounds awesome though.

it sounds like it backfires when i let off the gas is it supposed to do that??

and by your alls opinion how much horses do you think i gain?
(the reason why i ask this is because i cant really tell.... but i havent got a chance to open it up either i just been trail riding i am going to wait and let my rings set and make sure everything goes right this time. anyways me in this other dude on a 300ex all stock but he had some rear 400ex radials we are almost dead even from the start and i have maxxis all traks... do you think that is why he is dead even with me???

oh well i like my set up i can now crawl up some hills that i barly could going fast with those tires they grip really well in also great in mud. YOU CANT DO A DONUT THOUGH. really easy doing a wheelie when you are trying to race and hammer on the throttle.

well this pipe burn my plastic?

I would suggest getting the pipe really hot and try wiping it off why it is still in a gel type state. And the disc thing if you want more power but more noise add discs and for less power and less noise take some discs off. Plus you might need to jet the carb.

yellowrider
01-30-2002, 04:26 AM
i think i could get used to the noise i dont want to loose any power but ... can i get the outer wear without rejetting

TRX250XFIRE
01-30-2002, 04:48 AM
I really like the looks of the pipe on that 300.....i really like the looks of that 300 over all. i just wanted to say that its a pretty cool looking bike u got there. i think its good to give credit were its do

01-30-2002, 04:22 PM
Yes you can get the outerwear without rejetting.

yellowrider
01-30-2002, 06:55 PM
thank you that is all i wanted to hear cause i didn't want to get it if i have to rejet it again for it to run right somebody told me it could run a little rich i didn't want that but he is not so smart anyhow so that is why i ask you guys thanks for the help.

joe250
01-30-2002, 07:24 PM
Hey x-citing 300 how do yoku like your dg pipe? Just wondering.

"BLAHH"300!!
01-30-2002, 08:33 PM
it's ahigh man...no complaints from me..
i don't know what all the fuss is about...i havn't tried out other pipes on my bike for comparison but..it sounds good looks ahigh..and seems to pull good....
a freind of mine wrecked my bike a few weeks ago..ripped my rear right fender off and cracked the brakett that bolts the pipe on to the grab bar..so there's a weak weld..but it was a pretty hard hit on pavement though.....then a few days later i was ridin' around and hittin this jump..and it went ahead and broke the rest of the way off the slip-on slipped off and went between my axel,, the ground and somethin else and bent it..so it doesn't point streight out the back anymore and is melting this huge spot on"(whats left)" of my right rear fender....it's all good i'm about to get some new fenders anyway....and i'm looking into pipes now...
..i went and got the little brackett rewelded and put back on it just kinda kicks to the inside (left) instead of shooting streight out the back........
......like i said it took a pretty good lick on pavment when it broke that piece...so i'll stick by the d.g. i wont dogg it....but i'm thinking about a F.M.F. pipe next...any suggestions..as far as the rest of the d.g. stuff on my bike goes......front and rear bumps ..all good....the nerfs....i broke a weld where they ( u) U-bolt down to the frame in the front...but again....i gave it one **** of a lick when that happend...my axel and the stock swingarm (where the berring carrier goes --the round part at the end)...it bent that to where if the back end of my bike was a clock it would be....9:20
bought a new axel and .got the swingarm--(-was just ganna temperarily fix it-)--got it realigned and welded back up....but the guy did such a good job it's just like new again....
..sorry man.i didn't mean to give you the history of my bike

.........I LIKE THE D.G. PIPE........THE END