PDA

View Full Version : You prayers are needed

Blysster
08-25-2003, 02:29 PM
One of my neighbors got in an ATV accident over the weekend and has been in a coma since. He is just 18 years old and no one knows if he will make it. He underwent brain surgery and his skull is cracked almost all the way around... They say even if he makes it, chances are that he will never be the same again. We would really appreciate your prayers for him..

All this because he went for a 2 minute ride without wearing his helmet!!

I will keep everyone updated. Please have a spot in your prayers for him tonight, he needs it!

WalshKFX
08-25-2003, 02:36 PM
sorry to hear man. hope he makes it.:(

08-25-2003, 02:53 PM
I hope he pulls thru

Woodsrider
08-25-2003, 02:56 PM
:(

08-25-2003, 02:57 PM
what was he riding and was he topped out :confused:

i dunno how to pray but ill try:(

CHAUNCY
08-25-2003, 02:59 PM
:( My prayers go out to him and his family :(

dpizz450
08-25-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY

i hope he makes it :( him and his family are in my prayers......

sickmojave
08-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY

KASCHAK
08-25-2003, 03:11 PM
i hope he pulls threw for ya.he will be in my prayers.:(

mx400
08-25-2003, 03:17 PM
man thats a bummer. i will pray for him and his family

jimbo
08-25-2003, 03:20 PM
wow bro im sorry to hear that i hope in the end everything comes out fine for him

Ryan
08-25-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Crazy300EXMan97
sorry to hear man. hope he makes it.:(

And remember boys, Where your helmets!

Brad
08-25-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Ryan

:( my thoughts and prayrs go out to him and his family...hope he pulls through

wheeltrax
08-25-2003, 03:38 PM
i always wear my helmet also, i know **** can always happen, but safety first if possible. sorry to hear bout that man.

stupid driver
08-25-2003, 05:06 PM
thats terrible, my thoughts and prayers go to his family.

CowsBitePeople
08-25-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by stupid driver
thats terrible, my thoughts and prayers go to his family.

sorry to hear man:(

Pahrump
08-25-2003, 05:24 PM
He and his family will be in our prayers tonight.

Chino
08-25-2003, 05:43 PM
Him and his family definatly in my prayers. Hope he recovers, and as stated before GUYS/GALS WEAR UR HELMETS.

DEAL
08-25-2003, 06:00 PM
Its Sad to hear especially about a fellow Canadian.
I hope he pulls through :(

Nausty
08-25-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Ryan

QuadJunkies
08-25-2003, 07:12 PM
Im sorry to hear the news..My prayers are him and family......:(

MSL
08-26-2003, 01:20 AM
Keep a positive attitude and do alot of praying. This same thing happened to my brother inlaw he is a member here his name is Rick Stewart he was in a comma for i think 21 days and the doc,s didnt give us much hope and pretty much told us the same thing if he makes it he may not be the same. But with alot of prayers and a loving wife and family by his side he made it. All the members of exriders that prayed and responded to the thread i made for him was really appreciated and leo and 4punksdad sent stickers to put on his hospital bed. I printed the thread off and his wife read them to him and it did help everyone in the family to hear all the kind words and to know that Rick would be in thier prayers(making me choke up typing this because the memory is so vivid) All in all he is doing great right now and loving life.

The doctors are going to give the worst case senerio. Please tell you buds family to keep thier chins up and pray. He will have an uphill battle but he can pull through. He will be in my and my family's prayers. Keep us posted.

Mike

Hoggr9
08-26-2003, 01:25 AM
Sorry to hear about that. Think positive and tell his family to think positive and hope for the best. Our family wil pray for him.

08-26-2003, 01:26 AM

spincr4hire
08-26-2003, 01:39 AM
Sorry to hear that.
I went to high school with a guy that was in a car accident, took a tire iron in the head. He had to have part of his brain removed, and it took him about 2 years to get back most of his mobility, his speech is still slurred a little to this day, but he can drive, ride atvs, and play sports like most people.

Bill Fuller
08-26-2003, 02:21 AM
Ther is no such thing as a quick safe ride.I will keep him in my thoughts.PLEASE WEAR YOUR HELMET.

daiglea
08-26-2003, 02:24 AM
He and his family are in my prayers.

QuadJunkies
08-26-2003, 03:50 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill Fuller
[B]Ther is no such thing as a quick safe ride. I agree totally.......

hondafox440
08-26-2003, 04:27 AM
That sucks. Poor kid. Hope he pulls through, and learns a valuable lesson about wearing his helmet.

Blysster
08-26-2003, 05:02 AM
Thank you everyone for the kind words and for the prayers.

I just heard from his familly and things are looking a little bit better. He woke up from the coma this morning but he couldn't move much. They say his speech is blurry but he seems to recognise everyone so it's a good sign! He doesn't rememeber a thing of what happened.

He was on one of his friend's warrior and got cut off by another guy on a raptor. The other guy only got bruises and scratches but both machines are wrecks. He usually always wears his hemet but for some reason he didn't that time.. I hope everyone that reads this will never go without a helmet again even if it's for a 2 minute ride.

I will keep everyone updated.. thanks again for your prayers, it means allot!

ny300exrider
08-26-2003, 05:25 AM
thats great to hear, hope he recovers fully.

RIjon
08-26-2003, 05:32 AM

QuadJunkies
08-26-2003, 06:51 AM
Glad to hear hes doing better!!!!!!!

250rmike
08-26-2003, 08:46 AM
keep up hope man my cousin did the same thing and was in shock trauma for like 4-5 months and they said he would be lucky to talk or walk again cause his brain swelling was so high along with his bdy pressure which was up to 70 when its never ever supposed to go past the teens. now he is back out doing all the same stuff he used to even out riding his street bike. 2/3 of his skull is fake cause they had to remove it to reduce swelling and was crushed.

Bill Fuller
08-26-2003, 10:57 AM
Show him a pic of Quadjunkies and I'm sure he will pop right up out of that hospital bed:devil: Glad to hear somthing positive already.

HondaRancherES
08-26-2003, 12:01 PM
Same Happened here this week. Glad it wasn't as bad as yours. My friend who has a Rancher was teaching his friend to drive and she got up to 45 and then hit a ditch which threw them off balance and then she ran over a tree and it flipped them. She got off with a broken arm but he hit his head on the ground and had to stay in the hospital for 2 days. He has blood clots now in his head that could bust if he does any heavy lifting. if that tree hadnt of stopped them they would have ran into my house and it would of hit her square in the head. All because he was showing off and they didnt put a helmet on. And they both have one

QuadJunkies
08-26-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Show him a pic of Quadjunkies and I'm sure he will pop right up out of that hospital bed:devil: Glad to hear somthing positive already. LOL..Well, I dunno if that will work, but if it would help. I would send him over a pic or two........Clean shots of course.....:o :devil: :p

QuadJunkies
08-26-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by HondaRancherES
Same Happened here this week. Glad it wasn't as bad as yours. My friend who has a Rancher was teaching his friend to drive and she got up to 45 and then hit a ditch which threw them off balance and then she ran over a tree and it flipped them. She got off with a broken arm but he hit his head on the ground and had to stay in the hospital for 2 days. He has blood clots now in his head that could bust if he does any heavy lifting. if that tree hadnt of stopped them they would have ran into my house and it would of hit her square in the head. All because he was showing off and they didnt put a helmet on. And they both have one :(

jimbo
08-27-2003, 12:54 PM
man that is great news he needs to keep on fighting all of our prayers here in texas are with him

Blysster
08-27-2003, 01:59 PM
Good news! Rob is doing allot better already and has been transfered out of intensive care. He might even be able to come back home within a few weeks!

Doctors can't believe how fast he is recovering. His speech is still a little slurish but he has all of his memory (besides the accident) and he didn't stay paralised in any way.

The owners of the bikes will both claim their machines under warranty so it will cost him allot but at least it won't be his life! Thank you everyone for the support!!

There was another guy in the same hospital room as Rob who has been in a coma for 18 days now after a street bike accident. It gave allot of hope to their familly too.

chucked
08-27-2003, 02:09 PM
wow this has all change me, i ride over my neighbors house (2 minute ride) almost every day and i hardly wear a helmet, well not anymore. Glad to hear its coming along. You never know when things can happen, fear for the worse and expect the best. Never think it will never happen to you.

jimbo
08-27-2003, 03:59 PM
wow man thats great news! im happy to hear that he will be ok

Bill Fuller
08-27-2003, 05:10 PM
He must have gooten those Quadjunkies pics:D I'm glad to hear he is doing better!!!

Chino
08-27-2003, 05:13 PM
Great news, hope he recovers quickly, keep us updated and informed.

QuadJunkies
08-27-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
He must have gooten those Quadjunkies pics:D I'm glad to hear he is doing better!!! LMAO!:p