PDA

View Full Version : Think i might sell the ex...whats it worth to you...

400exbiggun
08-25-2003, 11:16 AM
Well, i have come to realize that i dont really have that much fun anymore riding it. I would say in the last month that i have rode it about at the most 15 hours. I dont really know why. My friends quads are broken, or they are always working. I work most the weeks, and this is even still the summer for me. When school starts, i wake up at 6am, go to school till 3:30, come home get changed and go to work till 7pm EVERYDAY except weekends, when i have off. To me that is a waste of my money to see a quad sit. plus i have my dirt bike project that when it gets running, i will almost always ride that. So i think this is what i am going to do. And i work my *** off all the time, get my paycheck, then blow half on parts. My mom keeps saying save for a car, which is right. So i think i will sell the ex, she will put all that money aside (cause she dosent want a car in the driveway for a yr, when i can drive) that i can't spend. But dont worry, cause then i will come back, but it will be in BLUE, i always wanted a raptor, i just LOVE those bikes. Then all my money form my paychecks can go to my rap. How does this sound? ohhh and about the whole no time to ride, trust me if i had a raptor i would MAKE time to ride it.
So i guess my main q is...what would you do, now i am not asking you for your opinion, or telling me what to do, just if you were in this situation, what would you do?
also what do you think i could get for it, not what it is worth, but if you were interested, what would you offer?

cheetah
08-25-2003, 11:46 AM
Shafting the EX for a raptor?:confused2

J/P I always liked the looks of the raptor, but never rode one. I would say just do what makes you happy. If you have any regretting feelings toward it, hold on to it a little longer. All my friends' quads stayed broke down all summer too. Now they are all fixed and we started back riding and I'm having fun again. Plan a day and go on a good ride and then make up your mind.;)

400exbiggun
08-25-2003, 11:50 AM
well if i do sell, which i think i will it will be after the winter, cause that is ALWAYS a big ride time. Really the winter and the summer is all we really ride, till the end of the summer when we ride all the trails and it gets really boring.
so what price do you think i can get?

cheetah
08-25-2003, 11:55 AM
Probably $3500-3800 at best. Market isn't very good for them anymore. Sucks.:(

chucked
08-25-2003, 12:38 PM
If you want to get a good amount for it you better sell it quick before the new honda 450 hits the shelves.

sly400ex
08-25-2003, 12:43 PM
Maybe $3200.:scary:

RiPPiNiTuP7
08-25-2003, 12:55 PM
your better off keeping it unless you want to take a HUGE loss.

zzbudzz
08-25-2003, 04:26 PM
heck, i get tired of riding sometimes. and think i'm NOT putting any more money in my quad( mainly my wife makes that choice for me;) ) but then i'll go ride and remember why i like it so much. :ermm:

ridesa02400EX
08-25-2003, 04:49 PM
to bad you didnt live in california ppl are sellin 02 440exs with less mods than mine for 4500

400exbiggun
08-26-2003, 03:06 AM
ohhh, dont worry i am not getting out of the sport, i have been riding since i was around 2yrs old ( a little honda three wheeler). But i have come to realize that i am going to sell it, but when i really need the money. I get my permit in may, so that is when i need a car to start practicing, then i will sell it to get a car, then save up for my raptor. Although i am still going to powdercoat the parts:rolleyes: ...ohhh well

quaddict53
08-26-2003, 08:18 AM
as long as u keep riding...even a bike....cuz if u quit and get a car, u wont start riding again:(

400exbiggun
08-26-2003, 10:02 AM
i dont think i could stop riding even if i wanted to, i think i will always have a bike or quad in my garage...or yard:D