PDA

View Full Version : 03 Cannondale Cannibal, whats a new one worth now?

spincr4hire
08-25-2003, 09:14 AM
I think I can get a pretty good deal on one at a local dealership, he has a few left in stock.

wyndzer
08-25-2003, 10:16 AM
New ones are going for about 3800-4500.

4TraxRider
08-25-2003, 10:17 AM
Here they have a new one for sale for $4000 if that helps.

ranger400ex
08-25-2003, 12:01 PM
You come to the house, I work on your Z, one quick spin on my Dale......and now your hooked. :D :D I knew you had some smarts in ya...lol.

Ben

PS and just think, that was the mud/traction map(slow) imagine what the drag map feels like.....anyone got arm-socket protectors?

ranger400ex
08-25-2003, 12:02 PM
oh...and price....pick an 03 for between 3 and 4. I know one you might be interested in...the wife might ride a nice Z.......;)

Ben

spincr4hire
08-26-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by ranger400ex
You come to the house, I work on your Z, one quick spin on my Dale......and now your hooked. :D :D I knew you had some smarts in ya...lol

Yeah Ben, thanks for the work on my POS. I couldn't believe we got a YFZ swingarm to work on a Z.:D

ranger400ex
08-26-2003, 02:24 AM
no $hit...gues ole Izzy must have got so busy he sent ya the wrong swing arm....do the YFZ's not have swingarm bearings or seals either? maybe next time you need to order...when it is good for them.

Ben:rolleyes:

freakystone
08-26-2003, 01:18 PM
I placed a bid on a new Cannibal and forgot about it. Then last Friday I get an email saying I won. It was for a mere $3600. Here is the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2428201504&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6

But they guy sent me a nasty email on Sunday saying that I needed to pay for the quad by 3:00 PM on Sunday. WTF. I dont sit by the friggggggn computer. The auction said I had to pay for it in 7 days so when I won it, I figured I'd touch base with him on Monday (yesterday).

So I call the guy yesterday and ask him WTF. He said he still had it and several others. But things just didnt look right. I told him I wanted to have someone pick it up instead of shipping it and he got all weird on me. He said he worked for a motorcycle dealer but after doing a search couldnt find any in the city he gave me. I checked the address he said to have the quad picked up from and when I pulled an aerial photo of the address off Mapquest, it showed a house out in the country. The only number he would give me was a cell phone but a different name came up on caller ID. He insisted I email a deposit to his Paypal account and said he uses it all the time but Paypal shows it as brand new. I asked him about the quad again and he finally admitted that he and a buddy bought some from a dealer that was going broke. I told him I didnt want to get burned and he just chuckled.

So needless to say I bailed on the deal. Just to friggin fishy and the guy was a liar.

Buyer Beware.

spincr4hire
08-27-2003, 01:28 AM
thats too bad freaky, so are you still looking to buy one?

ranger400ex
08-27-2003, 03:37 AM
Hey Ken, I can get you a brand new '03 for less than that...it will need some of the updates. None of the dales are done even the '03s, just a few simple updates to all of them...then they are bulletproof. Missing that speed now aren't ya? You must have smoked some crack the day you decided to sell it. :) All you guys jumped off the best and fastest ship in the fleet....and now are having to swim to catch up..... :)

Ben

freakystone
08-27-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by ranger400ex
Hey Ken, I can get you a brand new '03 for less than that...it will need some of the updates. None of the dales are done even the '03s, just a few simple updates to all of them...then they are bulletproof. Missing that speed now aren't ya? You must have smoked some crack the day you decided to sell it. :) All you guys jumped off the best and fastest ship in the fleet....and now are having to swim to catch up..... :)

Ben

Whats up Ben... There is no doubt that the Dales are the standard now. I am not convinced that the YFZ is the answer to it just yet. I do indeed miss the Speed but I got $6400 out of it.

I am actually getting out of the sport for a while but if I could pick up a new Cannibal for a good price I will get it just to have. I sold the Z and the 250EX should go this week.

ranger400ex
08-27-2003, 03:59 AM
$6400?? Nice, but at that time seems people were still realizing their potential...It did work out however. I manged to snag another one Blaze for under 3K...owner was a tool who didn't know what he was doing, and just wanted the cash...funny thing...it will fetch more than 7k at the dealers now, as they finally realize that it was only a temporary setback. Couple of local dealers are actually searching and paying $$ to get them. I have one that might be let go...but not to a dealer...I won't sell to someone who dogged them so much, when the problem was not the quad/bikes it was the owners (cannondale), guess they realize what they are missing out on.

Even my part-time boss at Lewis was finally changed...he came over to the shop sunday while I was working on the new toy and took 'big black" for a ride (kenny's first and missed dale!!) He got off the quad after riding for about 15-20(Mind that Lewis was one of the first 3 dealers back when cannondale started, we have personally met and been toured with S and J Montgomery, and we got out @ 5months before the $hit hit the fan) turned to me with a crazy look and a smile on his face...."Holy $hit, I forgot how crazy those things are....btw do you know the new full-time guy has two Dales that he motorcrosses........"

Ben

raptor_02
08-27-2003, 09:46 AM
hey guys, how do those dales compare to the YFZ???? Opinions needed!!

freakystone
08-27-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by raptor_02
hey guys, how do those dales compare to the YFZ???? Opinions needed!!

Let me start by saying I have never ridden a YFZ... By man is a Dale a rush. If I wasnt getting out of the sport, I would be looking at the new Honda when it is released. I dont expect the Honda to have more power than the YFZ but in typical Honda fashion it will be better at just about everything else. Ride Red, Bleed Blue or Damn Dale.

freakystone
08-27-2003, 03:47 PM
Does anyone know someone who cal do the updates for me? How much? Thanks...

spincr4hire
08-28-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by freakystone
Does anyone know someone who cal do the updates for me? How much? Thanks...

I'm sure Ben knows how to do the updates

Pappy
08-28-2003, 01:04 AM
hehe....i sent an email to see what i could snag an 03 for:devil: if i get a new one before the honda comes out i will drop my deposit on the honda:p

ranger400ex
08-28-2003, 02:15 AM
I can do the updates...done 5 of them total so far. The hardest is the tranny plate bolts, but those are just a time thing, not really hard. just time consuming.

Jeff@Quadshop can too...but I know he is busy.

Ben

freakystone
08-28-2003, 10:57 AM
Name the price Ben... How long will you need to keep it for?

ranger400ex
08-28-2003, 11:09 AM
If I know the model year....and everything goes well less than two weeks. The year...and late or early year...will set price. The late 03motos and 03blazes only need a few things, but the early anything in 03 or late 02 will require a bit more. Lemme check with someone on a few things, and I can let you know. Also, need to get a year, model, and vin from ya...if you can at least write that down before ya pick it up.

Ben

bradley300
08-28-2003, 02:48 PM
ben check your pm's!