PDA

View Full Version : plastic renew

fourplay
01-27-2002, 01:10 PM
Has any one tried plastic renew on there fenders?

Tommy 17
01-27-2002, 01:20 PM
i heard it works nice but it doesn't last long at all... and its alot of work...

250exmaster
02-01-2002, 02:05 PM
its lasted long enough on mine and i dont mind the effort

fooracer
02-28-2002, 04:17 PM
My dad has plastic renew on his 400ex and we arnt really happy with it. He got his 400 used and you could really tell the guy who owned it before us had no respect for it, so we put some plastic renew on it and it looks great for the first few rides but after a couple of months there were chips all over. He's decided to get new fenders.

liltazz
03-02-2002, 10:01 PM
i used it and the first time i hit mud the rear fenders stained white. and now i cant get that crap off. it was a waist of 15 bucks. just sand the scratches out clean up with steelwool #000 and sray tire wet on it. you have to respry every wash but you probable spray something on it anyway. this works the best, shines great, and the mud dont stick.

03-03-2002, 12:45 PM
I did my fenders about a 10 months ago and it still looks pretty good. I have gone through a lot of mud and other stuff, and I pressure wash my plastic after every ride. I have noticed it is starting to wear off in a few spots but it isn't to bad.
It was a lot of work to do, I probably sanded it and reapplied the stuff 10 times to make it look perfect, but the improvement it made was well worth the effort.

phatswinn
03-03-2002, 02:51 PM
i love it!

jshtex
03-03-2002, 07:00 PM
I did a complete review on plastic renew with pics and all and sent it in a month or so ago, but they have not put it up yet. ( they did say they were). Anyway it is a ton of work, but the results are ok. Now it does say not to use a presure washer on it and all I can say is DON'T. After a few washes it wears off. Fortunatly the kit comes with enough liquid to re do it. For what its worth I figured it would be cheaper than new plastic and it is, but I spent many hours working on it and now I will probably go ahead and get new plastic anyway. I

JB's 400ex
03-04-2002, 10:00 AM
I did my 87 250x and it worked great. It does wear off a little but like RedRocket said we use pressure washers to get all the mud off. It was a lot of work and I speak from experience and for RedRocket again but it was alot and I mean alot cheaper than new plastic. I bought a 2001 400 about the same time as RedRocket and I my plastic doesn't look much worse than his and we are very particular about our machines. If you have the time I would recommend it, save your money for other mods instead of new plastic.